• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I really think the narrative with Darrisaw is taking a life of its own. There’s a handful of times where he stops playing prematurely because he thinks the play is done before realizing it’s not and tries to make up for it, but it’s usually too late—that’s coaching.
    He was a 3 star recruit who had improved every year, frankly he looks like a kid who’s still figuring it out, not lazy.
    He looks like he’s still thinking, which can be considered a negative but I see that as potential room to grow once he fully understands what is happening, again, coaching.
    I think once he understands the game better, you’ll see a more aggressive version of him having fun out there, using his athleticism and power to finish plays more often.
    finally, he doesn’t commit many penalties, one penalty in almost 700 snaps. That’s a careful guy, playing in control and within himself. It’s not sexy but sometimes sexy can get you in trouble. I’m not saying he’s a sure fire anything, just think he’s not being graded fairly because of an exaggerated reputation.
    The “high effort guys” sometimes are high effort because they’re compensating for ability, so they resort to going for knock out blocks, but conservative OL play isn’t necessarily indicative of low effort.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I really think the narrative with Darrisaw is taking a life of its own. There’s a handful of times where he stops playing prematurely because he thinks the play is done before realizing it’s not and tries to make up for it, but it’s usually too late—that’s coaching.
      He was a 3 star recruit who had improved every year, frankly he looks like a kid who’s still figuring it out, not lazy.
      He looks like he’s still thinking, which can be considered a negative but I see that as potential room to grow once he fully understands what is happening, again, coaching.
      I think once he understands the game better, you’ll see a more aggressive version of him having fun out there, using his athleticism and power to finish plays more often.
      finally, he doesn’t commit many penalties, one penalty in almost 700 snaps. That’s a careful guy, playing in control and within himself. It’s not sexy but sometimes sexy can get you in trouble. I’m not saying he’s a sure fire anything, just think he’s not being graded fairly because of an exaggerated reputation.
      The “high effort guys” sometimes are high effort because they’re compensating for ability, so they resort to going for knock out blocks, but conservative OL play isn’t necessarily indicative of low effort.
      If a clown like me can put on the tape, and immediately see something that flies in the face of what pundits and fans are saying....someone looking for and expectiong shine, but seeing shit instead...then it's not just something that is taking on a narrative of it's own. It's something people are finally seeing, once they drop their preconceptions...what they expected or wanted to see.

Look....I'm not saying he is a shitty prospect. I'm just saying he shouldn't have been rubber stamped into the first half of the first round by all these pundits, because there are issues in his game, and his motor play to play. It's not just the desire thing...he misses a lot more than he is given credit for...his QB just happens to vacate the pocket long before you can hang a sack or pressure on Darrisaw. I see a guy who doesn't wow me any more than Cosmi, Eich, or Mayfield...and I like Little a lot more, and even Jenkins, though I think he is a RT. So why spend 13 on him?

Very possible there will be a special player at 13. Darrisaw isn't special.

By the way, Cosmi had a phenomenal workout. Got my eye on him.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

As fans that is something we will never know. That will be something they will ask in interviews. Its got to come up.

The second bolded im not buying. High effort guys are the ones we want here like Trent Williams, Slater, Meinerz, Jenkins ...those guys get after it.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-20-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

I tend to agree and I’m glad someone took the time to articulate this in a thoughtful manner. The Darrisaw=Lazy narrative has become egregious and, honestly, simplifying a prospect like that is the only thing that’s lazy.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

The dilemma never ends @ OL.

Day one starter with lower ceiling vs imperfect prospects who might turn out to be really good, if we give it time.

Remember, Lamp & Feeney were universally accepted as "clean prospects.

If forced to choose, I prefer Eichenberg @#47 over Darrisaw @#13...high floor, lower ceiling.

Herb needs a fundamentally sound, consistent, day one starter at OLT.

Eichenberg does not give up sacks.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Day one starter with lower ceiling vs imperfect prospects who might turn out to be really good, if we give it time.

If forced to choose, I prefer Eichenberg @#47 over Darrisaw @#13...high floor, lower ceiling.

I’m warming up to Eichenberg at 47,
              just slowly and resentfully
              haha
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ha, this is an improvement. Last I heard you wanted to wait til the 3rd-4th round to draft our LT of the future.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Wood - did the pro day at Stanford effect how you feel about Little? It bothered me at first but then I went back and looked at his play and I still like him.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I tend to agree and I’m glad someone took the time to articulate this in a thoughtful manner. The Darrisaw=Lazy narrative has become egregious and, honestly, simplifying a prospect like that is the only thing that’s lazy.
                    Simplifying is shoe horning him into the 13 slot, because he is the next best tackle(supposedly) after Sewell and Slater, and the Chargers need a tackle. That's lazy thinking. Critical thinking and film work reveal he isn't special. Not a bad prospect, but not special...there are knocks to his game, not to be ignored. #13 is overdrafting...I'll let the Chargers decide if the need is that great, or whether they think he has another gear and can be coached up.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Wood - did the pro day at Stanford effect how you feel about Little? It bothered me at first but then I went back and looked at his play and I still like him.
                      I've been watching his workouts with Duke Manyweather.

In play @#13.
                      ​​​​​Gone by @#47.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

That's good stuff to know, now I won't be cringing if he somehow falls to us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Ha, this is an improvement. Last I heard you wanted to wait til the 3rd-4th round to draft our LT of the future.
                          :shifty:

One month to go.
                          Plenty of time to waffle.

or fold due to pressure from The Trenchers...you are quite numerous.

Comment

Working...
                          X