• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

JJ would save 920K. Its no a lot but its near a minimum vet wage for someone. Cant help from the trainers room.
    Thats the thing -- if you are worried about him getting injured with is history - the cap savings isn't a lot as his replacement will be $600k. But to your point - if he is on IR, you are than paying for both JJ and his replacement. If he is cut - no big deal to me. 7th round pick - scored a big touchdown against the Steelers - but that was a long time ago.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats the thing -- if you are worried about him getting injured with is history - the cap savings isn't a lot as his replacement will be $600k. But to your point - if he is on IR, you are than paying for both JJ and his replacement. If he is cut - no big deal to me. 7th round pick - scored a big touchdown against the Steelers - but that was a long time ago.
      JJacks has NFL talent but his availability makes him a liability.
      I am a proponent for him but his college durability has not transferred to the NFL.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I don't think the Chargers are set at RB. I don't think a lot of guys could be successful running behind this OL. Upgrade the OL significantly and a moderate upgrade at RB should be plenty. There will be lots of veteran RBs cut this year. Many will be available to choose from on the cheap.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
          I don't think the Chargers are set at RB. I don't think a lot of guys could be successful running behind this OL. Upgrade the OL significantly and a moderate upgrade at RB should be plenty. There will be lots of veteran RBs cut this year. Many will be available to choose from on the cheap.
          Yep...find someone who is a solid RB in the rotation AND is durable...

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

All of the players we have now have flashed ability, so let them compete.

I would also keep my eye out for street FA, and UDFA. Plenty of guys have been successful after being a retread from some other team, or been an Ekeler or Lindsay type of UDFA who makes the team and fills a role.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
              We need someone that can pounded it in the end zone or 4 and 1. And can also close out a game
              True, but a lot of that is the OL. If the OL cannot keep the RB clean while he is in the backfield, the RB has no chance on short yardage and obvious running downs.

Our current stable of RB showed some ability last year, but the inconsistency had a lot of do with the OL missing assignments and just being beaten like a drum play after play. There was a reason we threw the ball more than any other team.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'm also not one to give up on Kelley just yet. It was a rookie season with no preseason or training camp. he started out pretty well and then got a couple of fumbles then I think his confidence went down after that...probably got a good earful from lynn, and so started running timidly.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

JJacks has NFL talent but his availability makes him a liability.
                  I am a proponent for him but his college durability has not transferred to the NFL.
                  I am a really big JJ fan and would hate to see him go. I wish they guy would just stay healthy so he can show what his real value is.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

I can't believe JJ is not able to remake what he has done in PIT in 2018.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      I think shown flashes last year. He was able to break some long runs.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

This is from this year when he was fully healthy.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Here he is for the full season last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X