Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Cool.

I was thinking in terms of a very deep pocket ala Seidler !

All my football takes are in the context of enduring Spanos.

Isn't it the only sane choice ?

I was driving and literally almost ran into a tree, up here in the Bay Area, when the move was announced, 8am that morning.
    Whoa wait......Bezos is buying the Commanders? I didn't read all the previous posts.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Whoa wait......Bezos is buying the Commanders? I didn't read all the previous posts.
      I don't mean to jump the shark, but it appears Snyder is gonna have to sell. The report will be out soon.

He did some shit that Roger don't like at all. I am referring specifically to leaking of awful Gruden emails, out of rancur towards it all.

This has put the NFL in its totality in a very vulnerable position indeed. Criminal and disgusting behavior towards women brings less attention, as much as that sucks. But Daniel really did it this time.

Bezos is the red hot rumor.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

I don't mean to jump the shark, but it appears Snyder is gonna have to sell. The report will be out soon.

He did some shit that Roger don't like at all. I am referring specifically to leaking of awful Gruden emails, out of rancur towards it all.

This has put the NFL in its totality in a very vulnerable position indeed. Criminal and disgusting behavior towards women brings less attention, as much as that sucks. But Daniel really did it this time.

They'll have to pry the Redskins from his cold, dead hands.

Comment

• floydefisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • siberiacuse, ny
          • Send PM

What is really interesting about that is this.

If Bezos does try and buy the Commanders, he's going to need a key ally: Jerry Jones.

His newspaper (the Washington Post) just tried to rake Jones over the coals because of things Jones may have done as a 17-year-old child (the infamous photo of him attending a de-segregation protest).

Wonder if Jones is going to take that personally, and block Bezos from buying the Commanders?
          sigpic

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
            Fleet - I'm in the exact same position as you with this team, so I'll refrain from dumping on 2023, BUT - it's going to take a lot of improvements to even start to gain my trust (again). I've been through this rodeo a number of times already - team is such a tease . . . .
            Scott Kaplan's take 4 days ago on what to expect going forward.

Doesn't matter who the coaches are, doesn't matter who the players are, doesn't matter where they play. The Chargers will always be haunted by the Spanos Cur...

A formers Chargers exec was texting Kaplan and loving the recent melt down.

Last Saturday was the 6th year anniversary of San Diego getting the Spanos middle finger they were headed out of dodge.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
              Dea Spanos my HERO
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Like you I’m still bitter about the way it ended and it will likely stay with me the way the 1979 loss to Houston, 1980 loss to the raiders, 2006/7 losses to Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets stay with me.

we have a tough looking schedule in 23 with east coast trips and home games against franchises with massive followings. So it’s gonna be a challenge. Hope everybody has a good off season. Parts of 2022 were just brutal for Charger fans
              Blasphemy

You were on a roll until you left out the Ice Bowl game against the Bengals.

The "HOLY ROLLER" game.

I was not kidding when I kept repeating .... "TAKE THE PAIN"

TAKE THE PAIN is applicable to the enemy as well as seasoned Chargers fans. We (me) use to parrot that phrase at the UT forums 20+ years ago and shit howdy it is still applicable today. One poster (MidWestBolt) has it in his banner "Taking the Pain" - smart man. Learned from the best. *Bada Bing*

:larry:

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Blasphemy

You were on a roll until you left out the Ice Bowl game against the Bengals.

The "HOLY ROLLER" game.

I was not kidding when I kept repeating .... "TAKE THE PAIN"

TAKE THE PAIN is applicable to the enemy as well as seasoned Chargers fans. We (me) use to parrot that phrase at the UT forums 20+ years ago and shit howdy it is still applicable today. One poster (MidWestBolt) has it in his banner "Taking the Pain" - smart man. Learned from the best. *Bada Bing*

Sure there are others that belong in the self flagellation hall of fame. Take the Pain indeed.

Comment

• perryao
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Can I assume that you believe that the Spanos family believe there's no financial benefit to winning in the NFL?
                  What is the financial benefit? There are certainly financial detriments to winning. One is coach's salaries go up.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                    Where is TrumpetMan
                    He talked about going through the back door four years ago
                    finally might be happening
                    Here I am. lol

The MODS are doing house cleaning and merging threads and posts and I just saw this old thread. Cool.

I suspect this arbitration caca should be heating up in this off-season. I am not sure if the NFL arbitration case is binding or non binding (I suspect non-binding) and the probate case filed is now "stayed" until the conclusion of the two separate arbitration cases one being the NFL's.

The old "Back Door" plan had a few ingredients missing that did not happen during the last CBA negotiations - namely - league expansion by 4 teams (London, Mexico, San Fran & LA) & a new buyer for the team. Dean cashes out.

Then the Chargers move back to San Diego with no rebranding. The new Snapdragon stadium is designed for 55k seat expansion or a cozy NFL stadium. The Mission Valley impact studies are already done and paid for by others or a huge carrot for a new NFL owner who does not want to be subservient to another billionaire as a renter in LA.

Now the question is can the Spanos clan buy out sister Dea ? I suspect the buyout for Dea is around $800 million.

OR

Can Sheppard Mullin (Dea's attorney) use the fact the trust is insolvent and as co-trustee act to remove Dean as co-trustee enabling Dea to sell 51% of the Chargers ?

I think Dea has a damn good case despite the kids saying they can buy her out and despite the trust being "insolvent".

If the rest of the Spanos clan can not figure out how to get the trust out of insolvency which stands at millions in the hole, then there will be HELL to pay IMHO which means the team or 51% will be sold to get the trust solvent again.

Trustees are fiduciaries and as such are held to a higher legal standard much like an Executor of an estate, notaries etc etc and if the managing trustees fuck up - watch out.

My .02

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Trumpy's brain went out the back door during the relocation wars on the SDUT forum.
                      I see I left an impression on your medulla oblongata verus my shorts my wife hates washing.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Scott Kaplan's take 4 days ago on what to expect going forward.

Doesn't matter who the coaches are, doesn't matter who the players are, doesn't matter where they play. The Chargers will always be haunted by the Spanos Cur...

A formers Chargers exec was texting Kaplan and loving the recent melt down.

Last Saturday was the 6th year anniversary of San Diego getting the Spanos middle finger they were headed out of dodge.
                        Looks like you had a typo there.

Last Saturday was the 6th year anniversary of San Diego city council giving Spanos and the Chargers the middle finger they were headed out of dodge after that.
                        Fixed it for you.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Here I am. lol

The MODS are doing house cleaning and merging threads and posts and I just saw this old thread. Cool.

I suspect this arbitration caca should be heating up in this off-season. I am not sure if the NFL arbitration case is binding or non binding (I suspect non-binding) and the probate case filed is now "stayed" until the conclusion of the two separate arbitration cases one being the NFL's.

The old "Back Door" plan had a few ingredients missing that did not happen during the last CBA negotiations - namely - league expansion by 4 teams (London, Mexico, San Fran & LA) & a new buyer for the team. Dean cashes out.

Then the Chargers move back to San Diego with no rebranding. The new Snapdragon stadium is designed for 55k seat expansion or a cozy NFL stadium. The Mission Valley impact studies are already done and paid for by others or a huge carrot for a new NFL owner who does not want to be subservient to another billionaire as a renter in LA.

Now the question is can the Spanos clan buy out sister Dea ? I suspect the buyout for Dea is around $800 million.

OR

Can Sheppard Mullin (Dea's attorney) use the fact the trust is insolvent and as co-trustee act to remove Dean as co-trustee enabling Dea to sell 51% of the Chargers ?

I think Dea has a damn good case despite the kids saying they can buy her out and despite the trust being "insolvent".

If the rest of the Spanos clan can not figure out how to get the trust out of insolvency which stands at millions in the hole, then there will be HELL to pay IMHO which means the team or 51% will be sold to get the trust solvent again.

Trustees are fiduciaries and as such are held to a higher legal standard much like an Executor of an estate, notaries etc etc and if the managing trustees fuck up - watch out.

My .02
                          You are missing the most important factor. The city of San Diego worked so hard to chase the Chargers out of town, no way in hell they let them back.

Would an arsonist welcome in the fire department? Does the thief welcome in the police?

No, you must embrace the pain the city caused you. Only then can you understand what needs to happen going forward.

Comment

Working...
                          X