• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrbanwal
    FUdean
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

I’m not here to derail this thread or in any way troll but….

Spanos has a history. The Spanos are are all about money in my opinion. They obviously do not care about joe fan or bringing a championship culture to the team.

Yes, I am a bitter ex-bolt head

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Spanos has a history. The Spanos are are all about money in my opinion. They obviously do not care about joe fan or bringing a championship culture to the team.

Nothing wrong about the opinion, but its probably in the wrong thread, since there is an active Spanos thread now for discussion.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Can I assume that you believe that the Spanos family believe there's no financial benefit to winning in the NFL?

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You talking about the contracting business or the Chargers? The team is worth a LOT more than they have invested and is fine financially. If you are suggesting that they are cheating the NFL to move money into other areas, Dea would win her case, which she is not.
          Team worth means nothing. It’s cash flow. Dea lawsuit explains they took on hundreds of millions of debt they have to service and it’s caused financial distress.

Your house may have tripled since you bought it but it’s the same thing. It doesn’t affect your cash flow unless you sell it.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Can I assume that you believe that the Spanos family believe there's no financial benefit to winning in the NFL?
            Absolutely

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

I can’t believe that. In fact I think they crave winning and a championship more than any fan does as it would make the team worth more and shower them with praise.

what I also believe is what Dea said in the lawsuit. The increased liabilities they have for moving to LA has caused financial strain and they can’t spend as much as other teams can so that effects coaches and players they can recruit.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Nothing wrong about the opinion, but its probably in the wrong thread, since there is an active Spanos thread now for discussion.
                and apologies

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Seven posts. Please mix in some different shit, to entertain the rest of us. What do you think of Ja'Sir at STAR ?
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Seven posts. Please mix in some different shit, to entertain the rest of us. What do you think of Ja'Sir at STAR ?
                    Brick High Green Dragons are a hot bed for talent

I'll try and do better :biggrin:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Brick High Green Dragons are a hot bed for talent

I'll try and do better :biggrin:
                      Cool.

Unfortunately it sounds like Bezos to the Commanders and not the Chargers.

It took, not misogyny, but putting the entire business of the NFL at risk, to get Snyder out.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Cool.

Unfortunately it sounds like Bezos to the Commanders and not the Chargers.

It took, not misogyny, but putting the entire business of the NFL at risk, to get Snyder out.
                        im not warming up to that bezo dude. However, if and when the spanni do sell I might re-think my fandom. Although I’d rather get behind an expansion team in SD but I know that’s never going to happen. It’s good to be a free agent that’s for sure.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

im not warming up to that bezo dude. However, if and when the spanni do sell I might re-think my fandom. Although I’d rather get behind an expansion team in SD but I know that’s never going to happen. It’s good to be a free agent that’s for sure.
                          Cool.

I was thinking in terms of a very deep pocket ala Seidler !

All my football takes are in the context of enduring Spanos.

Isn't it the only sane choice ?

I was driving and literally almost ran into a tree, up here in the Bay Area, when the move was announced, 8am that morning.

Comment

Working...
                          X