• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

In my opinion we dont have the real information to judge anyone here neither Dea nor Dean. Its going to be the trust specifics that define what should be done per the trust desires and whether Dean can make decisions with or without Deas approvals. Every trust is customly developed so we really cant assume anything about it nor whether Dean has violated anything. These charities being promised something is way too wide open of a statement…id be surprised if the charities even know an amount or percentage of the trust and it may not be exactly specified. It may even be a rough goal over 10-20 years to give to charity…we just dont know. Im not an accountant but i work with them often and see audits can happen that are complicated in trying to understand what is being done or was done….it doesnt imply guilt or anything done illegally….just the IRS validating things per their rules which are often confusing and open to interpretation.

I think Dea wants her share or part of it out of trust….but that may not even be possible based on however the trust is written. She may just want to be out of football too.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      She wants out because she wants more money. The 350 million is probably from the relocation fee which is spread over 30 years. There’s nothing from guys like Popper or Daniel Kaplan that states Dean is on the verge of bankruptcy as you said.
      No the relocation fee is 650 million. The 350m is new debt that Dean has accumulated since moving to LA

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

From what I understand is that Dean is diverting money from the family trust that had been earmarked to fulfill the trust's philanthropic commitments, and charitable organizations that are depending on that money are not getting the funding they were promised. I find this very disturbing to be honest.
        Yes she's is complaining that Dean is mismanaging the trust by blowing money on frivolous things like a new 60M dollar jet.

That is why he is not contributing to the charities. Charitable donations are the first thing to stop when your wrestling with debt

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Yes she's is complaining that Dean is mismanaging the trust by blowing money on frivolous things like a new 60M dollar jet.

That is why he is not contributing to the charities. Charitable donations are the first thing to stop when your wrestling with debt
          That really is my concern. Doctors at the Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Center in Sacramento saved my life.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

She just wants her money IMO.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              She just wants her money IMO.

And the husband...... damn remora...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I do not like any distractions.
                SB Baby.

Streisand and his client knew the value of the Chargers would increase exponentially. All that crap about "misogyny."
                Frivolous.

Now Eric Holder will arbitrate. What could go wrong ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  I do not like any distractions.
                  SB Baby.

Streisand and his client knew the value of the Chargers would increase exponentially. All that crap about "misogyny."
                  Frivolous.

Now Eric Holder will arbitrate. What could go wrong ?
                  I wouldn’t worry too much about it, the NFL is damn near ‘owner proof’ we’ve seen so much crazy shit coming from owners, owners being removed or folks that inherited teams from owners being removed in the last 20 years and the NFL and the teams involved have continued to grow and pretty much kept marching forward without missing a beat…look at what the broncos just went thru in the last few seasons, they managed to not only get rid of the bowlens, but also wrenched control of the team from Elway’s cold dead hands and they did it relatively quietly…

as long as the NFL wants the LA market to flourish and take root and the chargers having a bonafide superstar under center. The NFL is going to find a way to minimize any threat to their LA reboot…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, the NFL is damn near ‘owner proof’ we’ve seen so much crazy shit coming from owners, owners being removed or folks that inherited teams from owners being removed in the last 20 years and the NFL and the teams involved have continued to grow and pretty much kept marching forward without missing a beat…look at what the broncos just went thru in the last few seasons, they managed to not only get rid of the bowlens, but also wrenched control of the team from Elway’s cold dead hands and they did it relatively quietly…

as long as the NFL wants the LA market to flourish and take root and the chargers having a bonafide superstar under center. The NFL is going to find a way to minimize any threat to their LA reboot…
                    I believe Dean Spanos has the right intentions, with the team and with the Trust's obligations, I just think he is in over his head trying to manage the team's and the family's finances, as is the other members of the family. I believe Dean really wants to build a Lombardi winning franchise, especially now that he has the best young QB in the league, does he have the moxie to make it happen, given the limited financial resources he has to work with?

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Owners are immune. Stephen Ross can basically ask his coach to lose on purpose and gets a slap on the wrist, Daniel Snyder is still around, Irsay snorts blow and next to nada and Kraft likes a happy ending as much as Deshaun.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Owners are immune. Stephen Ross can basically ask his coach to lose on purpose and gets a slap on the wrist, Daniel Snyder is still around, Irsay snorts blow and next to nada and Kraft likes a happy ending as much as Deshaun.
                        Everybody has their time, ask debartolo or weaver if owners are immune…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No one likes a happy ending as much as Deshaun.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X