• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Jeff Bezos is looking to purchase a NFL team.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
      Dea Spanos my HERO
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
      Jeff Bezos is looking to purchase a NFL team.
      Chargers are worth $3.875 billion (2022)

Note the column "1 Year Value change" = 33%

The team will be worth $1.28 Billion more in a year given a 33% increase or $100.7 million per month increase in equity.

No wonder an $11 million annual deficit for the Spanos trust means little to Dean right now but the trust says different legally.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Dean.png

Conclusion of 5th season in SoFi. 2024 + 2025 to suffer through.
        I don't see why the NFL's arbitration process should take that long for resolution. I suspect the process takes less than a year to accomplish and it is a preferred method versus a protracted litigation.

You mentioned earlier in the thread why take it public ? Leverage. Plain and simply leverage. When talking fails - line up the attorneys and put it out on the table for the defendants to see.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post
          Moved to the right thread:

It looks to me as though the answer is "YES" a portion (36% or 51% or even 100%) of the Chargers needs to be or will be sold. The NFL is arbitrating while the lawsuit is on hold ("stayed").

30 Days after the fifth season (2024) playing at SoFi, Dean committed to explore selling the entire team and not just Dea's stake (page 5 & page 18 of the lawsuit).

The 3 siblings have the right to buy out Dea and make the trust whole but "my" survey says that is unlikely to happen due to team debt limits reached.

That is my read and "Yes" I read all 156 pages. It's a sickness. Science again has no answer.​
          A reason why we will never pay a Harbaugh or Sean Payton.

2024 can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

so lemme get this straight:

Dean is selling 2024?

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              so lemme get this straight:

Dean is selling 2024?
              That is best case scenario, NFL arbitration could rule in favor of Dea, making a compressed timeline of 2024 possible. Dean has agreed to sell the team by the end of 2025, and I believe that is a likelier scenario. YMMV.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

So dean knew that once his parents died it was just a matter of time before they’d have to sell? And in getting into all that debt with the move, is it going to ultimately pay off in terms of how much extra money they will have made from the sale?

The NFL has repeatedly claimed that they didn’t actually want the chargers move but I’m sure the other owners didn’t mind getting all that relocation cash…plus now the franchise is worth more than it was in san diego so how can that be bad for the owners? Don’t they get another infusion of cash from the sale?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Blasphemy

You were on a roll until you left out the Ice Bowl game against the Bengals.

The "HOLY ROLLER" game.

I was not kidding when I kept repeating .... "TAKE THE PAIN"

TAKE THE PAIN is applicable to the enemy as well as seasoned Chargers fans. We (me) use to parrot that phrase at the UT forums 20+ years ago and shit howdy it is still applicable today. One poster (MidWestBolt) has it in his banner "Taking the Pain" - smart man. Learned from the best. *Bada Bing*

:larry:
                  Holy roller wasnt an elimination playoff game. Team wasnt ready that year to take over the world - wasnt that Tommy Protho’s last year? Thats a key reason for lifetime hate of the Raiders but not worthy of the epic loss list our estimated brother offered. I’ll grant ice bowl entry.

ironically - I’m resolved with all of them - even “The Jax Jinx”. Onward … fuck it. Pain is something you push thru.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

A Pain that I'm (We're) Used To:
                    Music video by Depeche Mode performing A Pain That I'm Used To (Official Music Video). (C) 2005 Venusnote Ltd. under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertai...

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

I’m of the opinion Dean won’t sell, nor does he need to. He has the option of selling a minority interest in the team to pay off Dea if push comes to shove.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        I’m of the opinion Dean won’t sell, nor does he need to. He has the option of selling a minority interest in the team to pay off Dea if push comes to shove.

The Chargers are worth around $4B. There are four siblings. Ass-u-me each has 25% share it will cost $1B to get that 25%. Not sure anyone
                        would pay $1B for a minority stake. I'm sure Dean will do everything in his power to keep the Chargers, but just not sure he'll be able to do that.
                        Anyways here's hoping.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

SELL,SELL,SELL

Comment

Working...
                          X