• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I doubt Dea has a contract that entitles her to “fair market value” so essentially she can only get what what some other billionaire is willing to give her for her share.

So that’s going to be Pennie’s on the dollar because that new investor would be liable for the sa e discount to “fair market value” in the future should they wish to pull out.

The only time any partial owner is going to get “fair market value” and all that appreciation is if the entire team is sold.

If I bought Dea’s shares, I would insist on a contract with the rest of the owners that specifies I could get a “fair market value” for the share based on an independent appraisal should I want to sell in the future.

Otherwise, whoever buys Dea’s shares is as screwed as she is right now.
    There is no contract. Not sure what you are referring too. The contract would be between Dea and the entity buying the shares. She's not going to sell for pennies on the
    dollar. The buyer for sure would want some guarantees as to what he/she can or cannot do with the shares. As indicated the NFL would have some say. So it
    would no doubt be a complicated legal mess. Fair market value is what the market in this case some billionaire will pay for the shares. You never now until it's put
    on the market. 5 years ago who would have thought the Commanders would be worth $6B? 24% buys 24% of the profits. Is that worth $1.44B? That's one of the
    things a potential buyer would be looking at. Is he/she free to sell? That's a major sticking point. So no the process will not be an easy one, and finding a buyer
    is just one of the many road blocks.

But the major point being if she does not find a buyer the Spanos may be forced to sell. So yeah a lot would depend on the selling price. ;
    Last edited by charger1_sj; 03-30-2023, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
      FUdean
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

I don’t know why the FUdeans would be forced to sell. But I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they don’t in the next couple of years. I think that was the plan along. Move out of San Diego and sell for a cool couple billion.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

There is no contract. Not sure what you are referring too. The contract would be between Dea and the entity buying the shares. She's not going to sell for pennies on the
        dollar. The buyer for sure would want some guarantees as to what he/she can or cannot do with the shares. As indicated the NFL would have some say. So it
        would no doubt be a complicated legal mess. Fair market value is what the market in this case some billionaire will pay for the shares. You never now until it's put
        on the market. 5 years ago who would have thought the Commanders would be worth $6B? 24% buys 24% of the profits. Is that worth $1.44B? That's one of the
        things a potential buyer would be looking at. Is he/she free to sell? That's a major sticking point. So no the process will not be an easy one, and finding a buyer
        is just one of the many road blocks.

But the major point being if she does find a buyer the Spanos may be forced to sell. So yeah a lot would depend on the selling price. ;
        Just sell the percentage with a zero percent loan on say half the value. That way she liberates some money and the new owner can reduce their outlay for a few years.
        So even if she gets $600 mil upfront and then $600 mil slow pay loan. $600 mil will buy a lot of Tacos!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
          I don’t know why the FUdeans would be forced to sell. But I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they don’t in the next couple of years. I think that was the plan along. Move out of San Diego and sell for a cool couple billion.
          Dea wants to sell her 24%. The Spanos don't have that kind of equity lying around. In other words it would be difficult to buy her out.
          So she either sells her 24% to a wiling buyer (which the NFL would have to approve) OR she can try the courts to force Dean to sell.
          She has been trying to do the latter. She claims Dean is running the trust into the ground. The Chargers apparently owe around $350M
          as part of the move to LA, etc. That's where the matter stands.

Dean did apparently sign some sort of letter stating that he would be seeking a buyer in 2024. But it's pretty vague. I'm sure there are lots
          of ways Dean can get around it. It could mean for Dea's shares only, etc. The Chargers are a cash cow and the equity keeps going up.
          So I don't think Dean and Co' are very motivated to sell. On the other hand $6B (Commanders asking price) is a lot of mulla.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Dea wants to sell her 24%. The Spanos don't have that kind of equity lying around. In other words it would be difficult to buy her out.
            So she either sells her 24% to a wiling buyer (which the NFL would have to approve) OR she can try the courts to force Dean to sell.
            She has been trying to do the latter. She claims Dean is running the trust into the ground. The Chargers apparently owe around $350M
            as part of the move to LA, etc. That's where the matter stands.

Dean did apparently sign some sort of letter stating that he would be seeking a buyer in 2024. But it's pretty vague. I'm sure there are lots
            of ways Dean can get around it. It could mean for Dea's shares only, etc. The Chargers are a cash cow and the equity keeps going up.
            So I don't think Dean and Co' are very motivated to sell. On the other hand $6B (Commanders asking price) is a lot of mulla.
            what makes you think they are a cash cow? And they sure as shiit not worth 6 billion. The Broncos sold for 4 something and they own their own stadium. And yes the equity keeps going up but I’ve read somewhere that it is just average for the nfl. Just like the shitty owners and team. Average.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

what makes you think they are a cash cow? And they sure as shiit not worth 6 billion. The Broncos sold for 4 something and they own their own stadium. And yes the equity keeps going up but I’ve read somewhere that it is just average for the nfl. Just like the shitty owners and team. Average.
              Does it matter if it's average? So long as it keeps going up (it does) their equity increases. The Commanders asking price is $6B, there are two bidders.
              You don't have to own the stadium. You have to be able to get the revenue from the luxury seating. Yes the Chargers are a cash cow. NFL teams now
              get $300M per team per year because that's what the TV rights alone pay out. That alone pays for much of the expenses including salaries. The rest of
              the normal gate is shared among the 32 teams. The extra for the individual owners comes from any concessions, marketing rights and luxury seating which
              is not shared. Oh and revenue from jersey sales and the like is shared among 31 teams. The Cowboys being the lone exception. Don't ask me why.

In any case yes the Chargers like the other 31 teams are cash cows. That's why even at $6B at least two entities are interested. Oh and LA is the 2nd
              biggest market in the USA, bigger than Washington DC. The Chargers should therefore be worth even more. They have a long term lease at the stadium,
              which is excellent.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Does it matter if it's average? So long as it keeps going up (it does) their equity increases. The Commanders asking price is $6B, there are two bidders.
                You don't have to own the stadium. You have to be able to get the revenue from the luxury seating. Yes the Chargers are a cash cow. NFL teams now
                get $300M per team per year because that's what the TV rights alone pay out. That alone pays for much of the expenses including salaries. The rest of
                the normal gate is shared among the 32 teams. The extra for the individual owners comes from any concessions, marketing rights and luxury seating which
                is not shared. Oh and revenue from jersey sales and the like is shared among 31 teams. The Cowboys being the lone exception. Don't ask me why.

In any case yes the Chargers like the other 31 teams are cash cows. That's why even at $6B at least two entities are interested. Oh and LA is the 2nd
                biggest market in the USA, bigger than Washington DC. The Chargers should therefore be worth even more. They have a long term lease at the stadium,
                which is excellent.
                I guess. I don't understand if they are making so much money why the sister is claiming the trust can't pay their commitments or for that matter the money they owe the nfl for relocating.

It's all funny money. Bottom line for me is Dean can go fuk himself.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Who’s going to follow the team to Europe or wherever after FUdean sells in 2024.

I might reconsider my hate towards the team if he gets the fuk out.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

I guess. I don't understand if they are making so much money why the sister is claiming the trust can't pay their commitments or for that matter the money they owe the nfl for relocating.

It's all funny money. Bottom line for me is Dean can go fuk himself.
                    They took in over $490M in revenues in 2022. But they are spending a lot due to the LA move, new facilities. etc. Not sure about the whole situation with the sister.
                    They do owe the NFL a bunch of money for relocating. Sis claims the trust is being mis-managed. Apparently Dean has been borrowing turst money to pay off Charger
                    loans.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                      FUdean
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

They took in over $490M in revenues in 2022. But they are spending a lot due to the LA move, new facilities. etc. Not sure about the whole situation with the sister.
                      They do owe the NFL a bunch of money for relocating. Sis claims the trust is being mis-managed. Apparently Dean has been borrowing turst money to pay off Charger
                      loans.
                      I know I slept through accounting in skool but if I’m not mistaken generating revenue isn’t akin to a cash cow. Just sayin.
                      Last edited by Wrbanwal; 04-02-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

loans.
                        They owe the league $645 million for the relocation fee, originally slated to be paid back in 10 years. However, the league changed the debt cap rules so the team could finance the amount and pay it back over 30 years. Not sure how much of it they have paid back yet but the annual payment isn't that high compared to what they are taking in.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

I know I slept through accounting in skool but if I’m not mistaken generating revenue isn’t akin to a cash cow. Just sayin.
                          That is correct. But look at the cap. Look at the coaches salaries. The football expenses should not exceed $300M. They got a great lease on the
                          stadium. The loan from the NFL was for $500M but the NFL granted them a 30 year payback period. They also are building a new facility. When all
                          is said and done they certainly have the potential to be a cash cow. Plus the equity keeps building up. Dean and Co. are in no hurry to sell. Dea will
                          have to battle it out in court.

Comment

Working...
                          X