• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m looking at history as well. Irsay has a trophy but he also is super meddling and causes too much drama behind the scenes. Not to mention his off the field issues. Same thing with Jerry since he fired Jimmy. Can’t win because he has to meddle. Khan finally seems to be on the right track finally but also hired Urban Meyer the year before. Some of the others I listed also have the same annoying drama BTS especially in the coaching area like Ross, Johnson, and Bidwell. Ford just doesn’t have the record yet. Same with Tepper even though it’s only been five years. Mike Brown is also cheaper than Dean when it comes to non player stuff. They have a five men scouting team only for example. No actual GM either.
    Yes, Irsay is a clown but not worse than Spanos. Jerry blew it with Jimmy but I'd rather have Jerry than Dean. Urban was a mistake but he corrected it immediately.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought, and Xenos can correct me, tat he simply meant that he doesn’t believe Dea’s big concern is charities or mismanagement or any of that stuff. It’s as you said - she’s getting up in years and she just wants her part of the inheritance in cash, not box seats o games she’s not that interested in going to or equity notes she can’t spend. She wants out, a rough billion or so (hundred mil here or there) sounds really good to her. Her lawyers devised a legal strategy based on this goal because as others noted - what billionaire is out there that wants to buy her 24% non-controlling interest?

edit: and I don’t assess that motive is bad, good, or otherwise. Just guessing at real purpose of her actions.
      She had to file something to put pressure on dean’s ass, I’m not going to speculate on whether or not it’s bullshit, her intentions have never been up for debate, she just wants her fucking inheritance! Why should dean get to put her off from what’s rightfully hers just because he wants to stay on as owner?

Dean can’t afford to buy the team and the ONLY reason the chargers haven’t already been put up for sale is because the other two siblings are following some misguided allegiance to Dean. The whole thing is about as stable as a house of cards. All it takes is one other sibling to have a change of heart and Dean is out regardless…

Like I said in a previous post, it’s easy for him to talk about “daddy wanted us to keep this in the family etc…” because he’s running shit, if dea was running the team and the other two were backing her instead of him, I wonder if dean would be okay with keeping it in the family then?

Dean’s holding her inheritance hostage and she’s never made her intentions a secret, she wants out, period! It’s not like she’s trying to wrestle control of the team from him thru some bullshit lawsuits, she just wants what belongs to her…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes, Irsay is a clown but not worse than Spanos. Jerry blew it with Jimmy but I'd rather have Jerry than Dean. Urban was a mistake but he corrected it immediately.
        Tell me the last time that Dean replaced a fired HC with an ESPN analyst with no coaching background like Irsay did. I also wouldn’t want Jerry simply because I would worry about the HC not being able to coach or the GM being able to do his job.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Tell me the last time that Dean replaced a fired HC with an ESPN analyst with no coaching background like Irsay did. I also wouldn’t want Jerry simply because I would worry about the HC not being able to coach or the GM being able to do his job.
          I'm not defending everything Irsay did but he wanted to see if Saturday had any abilities to coach as a former standout player and a team consultant. I just don't think the Colts had enough good players to have any consistency at all. If anything it proves the Colts had a crappy team player-wise vs. coaching.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

What billionaire is stupid enough to buy Dea’s share and be subordinate to these ass clowns?

The only way Dea will get a fair price is if the entire team is sold. Otherwise she is going to get pennies on the dollar.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

She had to file something to put pressure on dean’s ass, I’m not going to speculate on whether or not it’s bullshit, her intentions have never been up for debate, she just wants her fucking inheritance! Why should dean get to put her off from what’s rightfully hers just because he wants to stay on as owner?

Dean can’t afford to buy the team and the ONLY reason the chargers haven’t already been put up for sale is because the other two siblings are following some misguided allegiance to Dean. The whole thing is about as stable as a house of cards. All it takes is one other sibling to have a change of heart and Dean is out regardless…

Like I said in a previous post, it’s easy for him to talk about “daddy wanted us to keep this in the family etc…” because he’s running shit, if dea was running the team and the other two were backing her instead of him, I wonder if dean would be okay with keeping it in the family then?

Dean’s holding her inheritance hostage and she’s never made her intentions a secret, she wants out, period! It’s not like she’s trying to wrestle control of the team from him thru some bullshit lawsuits, she just wants what belongs to her…
              I'm not, and I don't think Xenos, was saying Dean should be able to put her off. I agree she owns 24% and has no way to get to her money, effectively its not really hers, it just has her name on it. If I were her, I'd want my damn money too. I'd even assume that parts of her lawsuit were filed in good faith - that Dean is using his control to enrich certain parts of the family (his part) more than the rest of the family. Other parts about Charities etc - eh, i think she just wants her money.

We appear to agree on that, not sure why you're so excited about Xenos and I saying that.

I'd love if Dean is forced to sell. I'm not a Spani fan. I don't believe whatever Dean memo saying he'll sell in 2024 until I see it. I'd bet that has more loopholes in it than Trumpy's backdoor term sheet bullet train. I'd love some Bezos Bozo to buy the team and add another several B's to build a San Diego Stadium as he wants to be unquestioned king of his empire and not Kronkes subletting parlor bitch. I just doubt that happens. Dreams live though ... if that happened I could once again share Bolt-love with all of my friends and even part of my family - 98% who now blindly hate the LAC with rabid pride.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm not defending everything Irsay did but he wanted to see if Saturday had any abilities to coach as a former standout player and a team consultant. I just don't think the Colts had enough good players to have any consistency at all. If anything it proves the Colts had a crappy team player-wise vs. coaching.
                Maybe you can view it as high risk high reward gamble. But it feels outside looking in like he gave the intern job to his buddy when there were more qualified people available. But then seeing the results of 2022 and still having Saturday as a finalist after three (four?) interviews is definitely a choice. I’m grateful Ballard convinced Irsay to go with Steichen instead.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Maybe you can view it as high risk high reward gamble. But it feels outside looking in like he gave the intern job to his buddy when there were more qualified people available. But then seeing the results of 2022 and still having Saturday as a finalist after three (four?) interviews is definitely a choice. I’m grateful Ballard convinced Irsay to go with Steichen instead.
                  Steichen has proved his mettle.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'm not, and I don't think Xenos, was saying Dean should be able to put her off. I agree she owns 24% and has no way to get to her money, effectively its not really hers, it just has her name on it. If I were her, I'd want my damn money too. I'd even assume that parts of her lawsuit were filed in good faith - that Dean is using his control to enrich certain parts of the family (his part) more than the rest of the family. Other parts about Charities etc - eh, i think she just wants her money.

We appear to agree on that, not sure why you're so excited about Xenos and I saying that.

I'd love if Dean is forced to sell. I'm not a Spani fan. I don't believe whatever Dean memo saying he'll sell in 2024 until I see it. I'd bet that has more loopholes in it than Trumpy's backdoor term sheet bullet train. I'd love some Bezos Bozo to buy the team and add another several B's to build a San Diego Stadium as he wants to be unquestioned king of his empire and not Kronkes subletting parlor bitch. I just doubt that happens. Dreams live though ... if that happened I could once again share Bolt-love with all of my friends and even part of my family - 98% who now blindly hate the LAC with rabid pride.
                    When the team left I asked myself this one thing, had I moved to another state myself, would I have stopped being a charger fan? The answer came back a resounding NO…no disrespect to peoples feelings out there but if you hate the team you once loved because of what the owner did, I think that’s pretty fucking shortsighted…the spanos haven’t always been the owners and will not always be the owners, my loyalty is to the powder blue and gold with those sexy ass lightning bolts!!! The spanos are just a fly on the collective balls of charger nation…

me I could give a fuck if they come back to san diego half my family has always resided in LA and I don’t have any anti-LA sentiments in my DNA, I’ve been rooting for the lakers, bruin basketball, and USC football since I was a kid, my SDSU Aztecs are still number one but I like what I like, but yeah, fuck the dodgers I’m a diehard padre fan…but I have zero hate for the city of angels, I love SoCal and everything that it’s about from Hollywood to the beaches to the culture, ALL of it! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else…If they get more respect in LA from the new york mafia that is the NFL, then I hope they stay there especially if it means we get some superbowls so to me LA+superbowls > SD-superbowls,nesides we’ll always have our 56 years, the chargers are forever tied to this city no matter what, plus fuck, they’re a 1 1/2 hour drive from here so it’s not like they moved to fucking san antonio texas or some shit like that!
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

When the team left I asked myself this one thing, had I moved to another state myself, would I have stopped being a charger fan? The answer came back a resounding NO…no disrespect to peoples feelings out there but if you hate the team you once loved because of what the owner did, I think that’s pretty fucking shortsighted…the spanos haven’t always been the owners and will not always be the owners, my loyalty is to the powder blue and gold with those sexy ass lightning bolts!!! The spanos are just a fly on the collective balls of charger nation…

me I could give a fuck if they come back to san diego half my family has always resided in LA and I don’t have any anti-LA sentiments in my DNA, I’ve been rooting for the lakers, bruin basketball, and USC football since I was a kid, my SDSU Aztecs are still number one but I like what I like, but yeah, fuck the dodgers I’m a diehard padre fan…but I have zero hate for the city of angels, I love SoCal and everything that it’s about from Hollywood to the beaches to the culture, ALL of it! I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else…If they get more respect in LA from the new york mafia that is the NFL, then I hope they stay there especially if it means we get some superbowls so to me LA+superbowls > SD-superbowls,nesides we’ll always have our 56 years, the chargers are forever tied to this city no matter what, plus fuck, they’re a 1 1/2 hour drive from here so it’s not like they moved to fucking san antonio texas or some shit like that!
                      I'm more anti-LA than you but agree with almost all of this. in fact i DID move away from San Diego twice - once to LA for 3 yrs and once to Michigan for 5 years. The Chargers never got mad at me either time .

I know a LOT of people who are proud to hate them now. its pretty silly unthinking in my view but hey, they gotta be them
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        What billionaire is stupid enough to buy Dea’s share and be subordinate to these ass clowns?

The only way Dea will get a fair price is if the entire team is sold. Otherwise she is going to get pennies on the dollar.
                        They only would do it because football teams appreciate in value. So as an investment it may not be a bad deal. But there could
                        be lots of problems. The NFL overseas ownership deals. Plus based on the Commanders, Dean and Co. may be looking at forking
                        over $1.44B to Dea. The Spanos' greatest asset by far is the Chargers. They are already over $340M in debt. Dean and Co. would
                        be using the Chargers worth to finance a buyout deal. That would put them in future debt and some of the clan may not like that,
                        forcing Dean to sell. But hey who knows? It's a mess for sure.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They only would do it because football teams appreciate in value. So as an investment it may not be a bad deal. But there could
                          be lots of problems. The NFL overseas ownership deals. Plus based on the Commanders, Dean and Co. may be looking at forking
                          over $1.44B to Dea. The Spanos' greatest asset by far is the Chargers. They are already over $340M in debt. Dean and Co. would
                          be using the Chargers worth to finance a buyout deal. That would put them in future debt and some of the clan may not like that,
                          forcing Dean to sell. But hey who knows? It's a mess for sure.
                          I doubt Dea has a contract that entitles her to “fair market value” so essentially she can only get what what some other billionaire is willing to give her for her share.

So that’s going to be Pennie’s on the dollar because that new investor would be liable for the sa e discount to “fair market value” in the future should they wish to pull out.

The only time any partial owner is going to get “fair market value” and all that appreciation is if the entire team is sold.

If I bought Dea’s shares, I would insist on a contract with the rest of the owners that specifies I could get a “fair market value” for the share based on an independent appraisal should I want to sell in the future.

Otherwise, whoever buys Dea’s shares is as screwed as she is right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X