• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

You, sir, are awesome. Thank you Xenos and also for cross linking from the other thread.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Terrific article.. Very insightful!! This guy is no doubt willing to put in that ridiculous level of commitment to succeed, which is so great to see!!

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Terrific article.. Very insightful!! This guy is no doubt willing to put in that ridiculous level of commitment to succeed, which is so great to see!!
        BUT BUT BUT....his arms are 1/4" shorter than Sewell... You know ,the generational left offensive tackle talent. :facepalm1:

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

BUT BUT BUT....his arms are 1/4" shorter than Sewell... You know ,the generational left offensive tackle talent. :facepalm1:
          Sewell is now a RT, Darrisaw hasn't practiced yet and Vera-Tucker is a LG. Yeh, that 1/4" counts.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

lol.. I have to admit though, rightly or wrongly, I am still worried how he will do that first week going up against Chase Young. I think there is probably something to arm length among other things and success rate or it would not be such a focus for so many. Slater is hopefully that outlier. I think arm length may have pushed Sewell down that board also. Maybe both players can help put the arm length issue to rest.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

lol.. I have to admit though, rightly or wrongly, I am still worried how he will do that first week going up against Chase Young. I think there is probably something to arm length among other things and success rate or it would not be such a focus for so many. Slater is hopefully that outlier. I think arm length may have pushed Sewell down that board also. Maybe both players can help put the arm length issue to rest.
              At least there's history of a face-to-face matchup between Slater and Young that gives us an idea of what we can expect.

The specifics could vary, but bottom line, Slater does NOT figure to get owned by Young. I don't expect the opposite, either, although history indicates that-- if ANYbody is going to get owned-- it would be Slater owning Young.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I hope Slater does own Young again.

But though Slater seems well-prepared, we have to consider that Young played in the NFL last year , while Slater did drills.

Not tryna be a hater, just don’t wanna underestimate our opponent. This isn’t 2019 anymore.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

As Rivers demonstrated repeatedly, the qb can compensate when the OLT gets beat.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

At least there's history of a face-to-face matchup between Slater and Young that gives us an idea of what we can expect.

The specifics could vary, but bottom line, Slater does NOT figure to get owned by Young. I don't expect the opposite, either, although history indicates that-- if ANYbody is going to get owned-- it would be Slater owning Young.
                    Doesn't matter for me....as long as I know our QB is not running for his life every other play like last year! If he's a 20% improvement over any tackle we had last season it's a victory in my book. I'm looking for small victories everywhere on our team that cumulatively add up to those marginal wins we didn't have last year.

:Beer1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Sewell is now a RT, Darrisaw hasn't practiced yet and Vera-Tucker is a LG. Yeh, that 1/4" counts.
                      I don't put much stock in left tackle versus right tackle. And I also thought Vera Tucker was always going to be a guard. He played his only season at left tackle against a weak crop of pass rushers and the one top end pass rusher he faced completely owned him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Doesn't matter for me....as long as I know our QB is not running for his life every other play like last year! If he's a 20% improvement over any tackle we had last season it's a victory in my book. I'm looking for small victories everywhere on our team that cumulatively add up to those marginal wins we didn't have last year.

:Beer1:
                        Agree ! Details will be Staley's bread & butter.
                        We all love the big plays but they have to stand on a solid base to rack up W's.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Nice to hear he’s doing well.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X