• Show
Clear All
  • AKFlyFisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They didn’t draft him at 13 to play OG
    They may hope that, but he will move to guard eventually. As Jeremiah noted, he may be an all pro LG, so it works out. Not the smartest pursuant to value, but its Telesco, so not unexpected and if he gets an all pro LG its better than his past picks of Fluker, Watt, Lamp, Feeney, Teurk, etc. Just not an LT.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Walter Football grade:

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Chargers get an anchor on the offensive line in Rashawn Slater

By Nick Baumgardner

April 29, 2021 at 7:17 PM PDT
        Terrific pick for Tom Telesco, Brandon Staley and the Chargers landing Northwestern OL Rashawn Slater all the way down at No. 13. Slater was viewed as a top 10 player by many in this draft.

An outstanding athlete with terrific football IQ, it’s hard to find problems with anything Slater does on the field. Some -- including NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah -- had Slater above Penei Sewell at OT. Staley is able to land a terrific athlete in Slater, who will be an anchor up front for Justin Herbert as the franchise continues to add great value offensively. Huge need filled without having to move up.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
            I don't think he stays at tackle. Other than his feet,, he lacks the characteristics of a franchise LT, in fact almost entirely. He moves inside. Team still needs a tackle, imho. Not a bad pick, and definitely G was a need. I think seeing him as a LG is more realistic.
            I had the same concerns.....but then again he handled Chase Young whom has a bigger frame and with 33.75 inch arms. How?

Imho its his coordinated footwork, core strength (33 bench reps), and short are burst (1.68 10-yard split identical to Joey Bosa despite being 40lbs heavier). If he's receptive to coaching then he can be in the minority of smaller-framed LT's being in the top 10 of the NFL. He's got the intangibles to do so. Furthermore I hope him being a gym rat would make him immune from fizzling out after getting Paid after his rookie contract.

.....and if all that doesn't work then I hope he's a pro-bowl level G :<

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

The 2nd best tackle in the draft, works for me. Didn't have to lose any picks to get him, either.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Prisco grade:

I think that's close. I see it as a B- because he moves to guard eventually. A trade down would have been best, but I doubt they had many offers.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I had the same concerns.....but then again he handled Chase Young whom has a bigger frame and with 33.75 inch arms. How?

Imho its his coordinated footwork, core strength (33 bench reps), and short are burst (1.68 10-yard split identical to Joey Bosa despite being 40lbs heavier). If he's receptive to coaching then he can be in the minority of smaller-framed LT's being in the top 10 of the NFL. He's got the intangibles to do so. Furthermore I hope him being a gym rat would make him immune from fizzling out after getting Paid after his rookie contract.

.....and if all that doesn't work then I hope he's a pro-bowl level G :<
                  Definitely great feet, burst, and smarts. Will be an all pro G, no doubt. He will struggle at LT, imho.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

We got ourselves a technician with versatility and mobility. Let’s turn this ship into a rocket.
                    What's next ?
                    Get greedy, Bolt Dude !!
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Definitely great feet, burst, and smarts. Will be an all pro G, no doubt. He will struggle at LT, imho.
                        We’ll see. Time to prove you’re the exception to the rule. Worst comes to worst he’s the Melvin Ingram of LT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

IMV, this Slater pick is right there with the Wirfs selection last year.

TT just destroyed all pretenders to the crown.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X