• Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You are talking a lot of shit
    and you are wrong.

I will listen to the experts.
    Duke, Geoff Schwartz, Brandon Thorn, Daniel Jeremiah, Dan Shonka, Dane Brugler.

And I will trust my own scout's eye.
    ​​​​​
    :coffee:
    If Walker Little is available at #77 do we make that pick? Let him compete? Slater to RG if Little wins??
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Look, Duke says he's an OLT.
      I could care less. Plenty of people on draft night say lots of things. Teams do as well. In his 2nd or 3rd year he will be at G. Whether that is because he struggles at LT or has an injury, who knows. But I simply do not see his career being at LT. I said the same about Fulker, but for different reasons. I'd love to eat lots of crow. I'd love nothing more!!

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

In fairness to AKFlyFisher, last year he wanted to move Herbert to TE so he is consistent.
        I never said that. Disagree with me and give me a hard time, but at least quote me right for crying out loud!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

My 2nd round cluster:
          Stokes, Tryon, Grant, Molden, Oweh, Ossai, Melifonwu, and Samuel.

In that order.
          DB.
          EDGE.
          Yep.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

You have to give him a year or two to swim or sink. He'll be better than what we had on roster or last year. Fill the roster, come back in 2 years.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              You have to give him a year or two to swim or sink. He'll be better than what we had on roster or last year. Fill the roster, come back in 2 years.
              I agree.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

This has to be an episode of Twilight Zone. I keep looking around to see if Rod Serling is either at the draft or posting on TPB. We took a hell of a player at O line. O LINE!!!! How many seasons have we been crying over the fact that TT ignores the O line. Now we have people bitching we took an O line.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Leatherwood has measurables for T and started at Alabama. I think they got it right, as Slater is more a G and Leatherwood a clear LT.
                  Leatherwood is more likely to move to guard. His feet are too slow. This isn’t 1994. Modern edges are lightning quick. Modern tackles need agility to succeed in today’s NFL.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Based on what the NYJ gave up for 14 and AVT, TT rocked it in letting Slater fall to him. Similar to Derwin.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Leatherwood has measurables for T and started at Alabama. I think they got it right, as Slater is more a G and Leatherwood a clear LT.
                      Perhaps (if "measurables" are what the grade is for). But I tend to think the grades should be about the body of work of the player, where they are drafted (round/#), and team need. Based on those standards, you cannot tell me Leatherwood at 17 should be given the same grade as Slater at 13. Not a chance.

I might add, here, that the Raiders propensity to overdraft a player makes me even more certain they blew this one (picking him this early).

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                        This has to be an episode of Twilight Zone. I keep looking around to see if Rod Serling is either at the draft or posting on TPB. We took a hell of a player at O line. O LINE!!!! How many seasons have we been crying over the fact that TT ignores the O line. Now we have people bitching we took an O line.

Telesco took Fluker too. He has drafted OL regularly. He can't evaluate the position, imho. I'm not complaining. He drafted a heck of a guard.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Perhaps (if "measurables" are what the grade is for). But I tend to think the grades should be about the body of work of the player, where they are drafted (round/#), and team need. Based on those standards, you cannot tell me Leatherwood at 17 should be given the same grade as Slater at 13. Not a chance.

I might add, here, that the Raiders propensity to overdraft a player makes me even more certain they blew this one (picking him this early).
                          I disagree. Leatherwood stays at LT and Slater will ultimately move. Leatherwood might be an overdraft, but I think that makes both Bs.

Comment

Working...
                          X