• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    All hail Slater! Glad hes back and we only have to put The Quiz in at center. I guess its like a bye week for getting bodies healthier. Any news on Bulaga at this point….wonder if hes even a remote possible return?
    The Chargers can confirm, his paychecks are still being cashed.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2021
      • Send PM

Yup Slater is the best pick up in years and NO I'm not giving Tedesco credit because he fell in our lap. He should have been picked WAY before 13th. Just look at how he played against Chase Young in all the Big Ten games.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
        Yup Slater is the best pick up in years and NO I'm not giving Tedesco credit because he fell in our lap. He should have been picked WAY before 13th. Just look at how he played against Chase Young in all the Big Ten games.
        The logic of not giving Telesco credit for picking Slater just cracks me up. Same as the Herbert fell into our lap argument. And Derwin James. Bottom line - he picked them and other GMs did not so if you are going to rip him for picks you don't like it's pretty weak to not give him credit for the ones he did. But if your sole objective is to rip TT, than not much else needs to be said.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The logic of not giving Telesco credit for picking Slater just cracks me up. Same as the Herbert fell into our lap argument. And Derwin James. Bottom line - he picked them and other GMs did not so if you are going to rip him for picks you don't like it's pretty weak to not give him credit for the ones he did. But if your sole objective is to rip TT, than not much else needs to be said.
          The win loss record since he has been here says it all.If he aint gettin it done he aint gettin it done.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Perhaps two of Telesco’s worst picks were McCoy and then Lynn. But now he has a superior coach in Staley who can get more out of those draft picks. Just look at what Pipkins did a week ago. Had Pipkins been playing like that all year last year, we probably are picking someone else at 13 and letting Slater go.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

The win loss record since he has been here says it all.If he aint gettin it done he aint gettin it done.
              That is a completely different thing. It is fair to judge him by his record - I just roll my eyes at the notion that he is so bumbling that only when the rest of the league screws up does he get lucky with players falling into his lap. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing...

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
                I dont agree at all with not giving TT credit. He has nailed a lot of probowlers with our 1st picks in DJ, Bosa, Herbs, Slater and other contributors and many others xcould have taken these “no brainers” too….but didnt. We were a 12-4 team 2 years prior to Staley and it sure isnt overcompensation by Lynnnthat got us there….TT has definitely done a better job at bringing in players than head coaches which imo is the toughest hire of all. No TT isnt perfect but we have a pretty well stocked roster for 1 reason….its Toms ship and he ultimately loaded this boat with a strong overall roster.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

I dont agree at all with not giving TT credit. He has nailed a lot of probowlers with our 1st picks in DJ, Bosa, Herbs, Slater and other contributors and many others xcould have taken these “no brainers” too….but didnt. We were a 12-4 team 2 years prior to Staley and it sure isnt overcompensation by Lynnnthat got us there….TT has definitely done a better job at bringing in players than head coaches which imo is the toughest hire of all. No TT isnt perfect but we have a pretty well stocked roster for 1 reason….its Toms ship and he ultimately loaded this boat with a strong overall roster.
                  Did we watch the same game today?Zeeero Div.titles and only 2 PO appearances in almost a Decade.Dude needs replaced.

Comment

• steelbtexan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

A little lucky, but he also had great patience. This is why I don't like trading up. It's important to remember that people are idiots and always think they are smarter than the crowd. Someone always drops why shouldn't. Just stand pat and take them or even trade down if you want.

On a separate note, think of the massive cap advantage the Chargers will have over the next few years. Look at teams like the Packers, Niners, Texans and soon to be Ravens at how much they will be spending on QB and LT. The next two years the Chargers may be saving $40-45 million over those teams with similar production. That's 1/5 of the salary cap. After that Herbert's fifth year option kicks in, but is still reasonable.

Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I haven't checkout the notification ffeature.

I dont believe in trading up in the 1st unless you're a QB away from being a contender.

I do believe in trading up in the 2nd rd if a 1st rd talent at a position of needs falls to the 2nd. Also if I'm on the clock and there's a cluster of say 5 guys that I like about the same, I would trade down and use the picks I gained to move back into the 2nd if one of those 5 guys I liked was still on the board using my 3rd and the picks gained in the trade.

This way I've managed to draft 3 of my top 64 players.

Comment

Working...
                    X