Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Might need that $7 million he's making to bring in an FA or 2 to fill the voids not filled in the draft( Edge, Safety, OL, DL, LB)?
    As others have already mentioned, it’s $15 million that’s now fully guaranteed. We still have $10 million left to spend on any other FA after the draft.

Comment

• Blastttoff
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Glad the chargers picked up this Canadian kid.

all my Canadian chargers fans stand up! I think the last time we drafted a Canadian was Vaughn Martin

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

As others have already mentioned, it’s $15 million that’s now fully guaranteed. We still have $10 million left to spend on any other FA after the draft.
        MW is costing the Bolts $15 million for one season???????
        If a receiver with no seperation, no long speed and an injury concerns gets that much, how much do good receivers cost????

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

MW is costing the Bolts $15 million for one season???????
          If a receiver with no seperation, no long speed and an injury concerns gets that much, how much do good receivers cost????
          A lot!
          Also MW does have long speed. The same as Floyd and VJ who are also long striders.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This was a pick for the future. Though given our receivers injury history, he may start this year. I also think the FO miscalculated and should have kept Rashawn Jenkins while letting MW go.
            I was thinking they should have kept Hunter Henry and avoided reach for position in weak TE class, but Telesco did.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post

all my Canadian chargers fans stand up! I think the last time we drafted a Canadian was Vaughn Martin
              Chargeer fan since 1979 born and raised in Ontario Canada. Cheers man!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post

At least this one played high school and college in the US. The level of competition Palmer was in was high. On Martin, some that come from that level of competition can make it, but are more of a story than reality, and we are seeing the same with Pipkins. Palmer does need the development time, but is not on the spot as a first day starter.

Comment

• Jetssuckgochargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

I'm a brand new Chargers follower so I may be completely naive to some things, but are the Chargers looking to get rid of Williams or Allen? I always thought the Chargers had a good set of WRs.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jetssuckgochargers View Post
                    I'm a brand new Chargers follower so I may be completely naive to some things, but are the Chargers looking to get rid of Williams or Allen? I always thought the Chargers had a good set of WRs.
                    Three out of our top four wide receivers are potential free agents next year. One of them has speed and suspect hands. Neither Hill nor Reed May figure into this coaching staff's plans due to their skill set perhaps not matching what they're looking for at that position. What may seem deep to us may not look so deep going forward for this coaching staff.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jetssuckgochargers View Post
                      Welcome, glad to have you here!

Comment

• Jetssuckgochargers
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Three out of our top four wide receivers are potential free agents next year. One of them has speed and suspect hands. Neither Hill nor Reed May figure into this coaching staff's plans due to their skill set perhaps not matching what they're looking for at that position. What may seem deep to us may not look so deep going forward for this coaching staff.
                        Cool. Are they going to pay to keep Williams? I know Allen is a stud, but he is getting older and it looks (at least to an outsider like me) that Williams is finally coming into his own.

Comment

• Jetssuckgochargers
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Welcome, glad to have you here!
                          Thanks. After being a fan of the miserable Jets for 35 years, it feels like I divorced an abusive wife and I'm now sleeping with a hot, young California blonde.

Comment

Working...
                          X