Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
    I feel like maybe all the years of Rivers making it work with UDFA WR has made us all forget it’s ok to draft the position too. Guyton flashed early in the season but his hands really became an issue later on, Johnson started coming on at the end of the season but still has plenty of developing to do. Hill is a 7th rounder that barely saw the field, and when he did he had problem creating separation. MW is on the last year of his deal obviously and is the only real physical WR on the roster. Palmer’s tape gives me shades of Keenan in the short to intermediate game and shades of MW in the deep game. His body adjustment and ability to track the (often poorly thrown) deep ball are MWesque he just also finds a way to not land awkwardly. Herbert will make him look a lot better, but I think picking the brain of the vets in front of him will really compliment his total game.
    Yep...imagine all the pointers KA can give Palmer...the ultimate mentor...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
      Glad the chargers picked up this Canadian kid.

all my Canadian chargers fans stand up! I think the last time we drafted a Canadian was Vaughn Martin
      Lol. I remember the prior forums all blowing up after that underground video of him blowing up a 150 lb coaching asst holding a blocking pad.

Turns out 300 lb men blowing up a 150 lb intern isn’t a reliable indicator of NFL potential.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

$16ish million. We are not tradin MikeDub. Get over it people.
        I'm guessing the Palmer pick is in anticipation of having a groomed replacement in place for when Mike Will leaves us at the end of this next season...can't pay bank to everyone...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Glad the chargers picked up this Canadian kid.

all my Canadian chargers fans stand up! I think the last time we drafted a Canadian was Vaughn Martin
          Not a bad Canadian pick, eh?

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jetssuckgochargers View Post

Cool. Are they going to pay to keep Williams? I know Allen is a stud, but he is getting older and it looks (at least to an outsider like me) that Williams is finally coming into his own.
            Keenan is at the tailend of his prime.
            MikeDub has mixed reviews from members here. I think most of us agree he hasn’t proved his worth of a long term deal @ his 5th year option rate of $15.7 this season. This is a big season for MW.
            J. Palmer is going to be a solid piece of our WR core.
            We now have a lot of creativity in our offensive skill position groupings.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Blastttoff
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Chargeer fan since 1979 born and raised in Ontario Canada. Cheers man!
              cheers brother! I live in Toronto and all the highlights are all Bills related, blah blah blah. Bills are okkkk, but I’m pretty much a charger lifer.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

cheers brother! I live in Toronto and all the highlights are all Bills related, blah blah blah. Bills are okkkk, but I’m pretty much a charger lifer.
                I grew up in Tillsonburg Ontario and lived in Burlington for several years

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Not a problem picking him overall but using our 1st 3rd was a head scratcher. I would have been better with it if we had selected Hunter Long at 3a and grabbed him at 3b. Other issue I have is TT not exactly a savant picking WR, slightly better than OL. 2 of first 3 picks an OL and WR. So I’m happy but cautious. Rashawn definitely makes it hard to be down on this draft

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    Not a problem picking him overall but using our 1st 3rd was a head scratcher. I would have been better with it if we had selected Hunter Long at 3a and grabbed him at 3b. Other issue I have is TT not exactly a savant picking WR, slightly better than OL. 2 of first 3 picks an OL and WR. So I’m happy but cautious. Rashawn definitely makes it hard to be down on this draft
                    We have a pass catching tight end veteran and a pass catching tight end up and coming in parnham. How many pass catching tight ends do we need? I like long a lot but he can't block for s***

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

We have a pass catching tight end veteran and a pass catching tight end up and coming in parnham. How many pass catching tight ends do we need? I like long a lot but he can't block for s***
                      So we pick Tre who isn’t exactly a monster blocker. You can get a blocking TE this afternoon

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

So we pick Tre who isn’t exactly a monster blocker. You can get a blocking TE this afternoon
                        They actually like his blocking skills.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

They actually like his blocking skills.
                          I guess the point is if the need was for an inline blocking TE they both leave a lot to be desired. If the plan was to groom a Pass catching TE we should have taken Long and gotten the undervalued WR at 3b. If you like Kittie better than long fair enough. I didn’t. Thought both of our 3rd would have been there in 4th.

Comment

Working...
                          X