Welcome Brenden Jaimes, OG/OT Nebraska (Pick #159)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Ifeatu Melifonwu was there too.
    Correct.

I was a big advocate of signing Jonnu Smith in FA. Young ascending player. Great blocker and red zone target. We had the money to do it.

Our team would’ve been better and had more long-term stability with Smith + (Molden/Meinerz/Melifonwu)
    than Cook and McKitty.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

My pick (without hindsight) was Spencer Brown with our first 3rd
      he’s going to be dominant for Josh Allen by 2022
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

McKitty to me was the one clear reach for PON. I would have gone another way than Palmer but I can believe they really did have him as the top guy on their board, so for everything wanting BPA regardless, there you go.

I like r4 and r5 picks so not sure who I'd give up to get McKitty when he wasn't a reach. Can't have it all. But Tremble plus Melifonwu looks a LOT better to me than what we got in r3.

Of course, just about everyone ends up being wrong about the draft.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Replaying the draft in my head and maybe I’m giving Telesco too much credit, but it looks like Notre Dame guus were coming off the board just a few picks before ours (2, second 3rd, first 6).
          hopefully this was the year Telesco was NOT impressed with ND guys and let his reputation allow other teams to jump on them before our picks.
          no doubt if Telesco was in love with eichenburg or tremble, he would have offered a 4th to trade up a bit.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Correct.

I was a big advocate of signing Jonnu Smith in FA. Young ascending player. Great blocker and red zone target. We had the money to do it.

Our team would’ve been better and had more long-term stability with Smith + (Molden/Meinerz/Melifonwu)
            than Cook and McKitty.
            Smith's contract was for 4 years / 50 million dollars with New England.

That's about how much Hentry got from those bastards.

Mkitty + a 4 year/ 50 million dollar signing next year or Meinerz/Melifonwu + Jonnu Smith
            is another way to look at it.

I'm not certain if Melifonwu fits the type of corner Staley wants.
            I'm not certain if the league considers Meinerz a center....Chargers have one.

If Mkitty turns into a solid blocker and decent 3rd option on passing downs,
            then it will be a decent pick.
            Last edited by powderblueboy; 05-09-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Smith's contract was for 4 years / 50 million dollars with New England.

That's about how much Hentry got from those bastards.

Mkitty + a 4 year/ 50 million dollar signing next year or Meinerz/Melifonwu + Jonnu Smith
              is another way to look at it.

I'm not certain if Melifonwu fits the type of corner Staley wants.
              I'm not certain if the league considers Meinerz a center....Chargers have one.

If Mkitty turns into a solid blocker and decent 3rd option on passing downs,
              then it will be a decent pick.
              My preferred combo would’ve been Jonnu Smith + Elijah Molden.

I had Molden as a borderline R1 guy. Everything about him screamed instinctive, intelligent, coach-on-the-field type of guy. An ideal Staley-esque player. Best nickel in the draft by far. Having him and Asante Samuel, Jr. develop together woulda been insane.

Now I’m asking, ‘who the hell’s playing nickel when/if old-man Chris Harris, Jr. goes down?’

Webb?
              Vaughn?

It’s a head scratcher.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

My preferred combo would’ve been Jonnu Smith + Elijah Molden.

I had Molden as a borderline R1 guy. Everything about him screamed instinctive, intelligent, coach-on-the-field type of guy. An ideal Staley-esque player. Best nickel in the draft by far. Having him and Asante Samuel, Jr. develop together woulda been insane.

Now I’m asking, ‘who the hell’s playing nickel when/if old-man Chris Harris, Jr. goes down?’

Webb?
                Vaughn?

It’s a head scratcher.
                #2NCB = ASJ

Facyson would come in to play PCB in .05/.10 packages
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

#2NCB = ASJ

Facyson would come in to play PCB in .05/.10 packages
                  I know that’s the reality, but....

:what:

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

At pick #97, I was sure we’d grab either Quinn Meinerz as an heir to Linsley or Elijah Molden as an heir to CHJr. They were both available.

Really hoping McKitty works out, otherwise I’m always gonna be bitter about those guys, unless, of course, they become busts.
                    McKitty pick wasn’t necessarily the problem. They needed a blocking TE and they went with the best one available according to some. The issue currently for me was always the Palmer pick before where you could have gotten all those other guys you mentioned.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      McKitty to me was the one clear reach for PON. I would have gone another way than Palmer but I can believe they really did have him as the top guy on their board, so for everything wanting BPA regardless, there you go.

I like r4 and r5 picks so not sure who I'd give up to get McKitty when he wasn't a reach. Can't have it all. But Tremble plus Melifonwu looks a LOT better to me than what we got in r3.

Of course, just about everyone ends up being wrong about the draft.
                      Or Melifonwu and McKitty. I mentioned this before but I don’t really see that big of a difference between Tremble and McKitty as prospects other than one is mocked in the third and the other in the fifth by some. With hindsight, I would prefer someone like Wyatt Davis instead of Palmer, then instead of Jamies, we pick up Jamar Johnson in the 5th and Forsynthe in the 6th instead of Rountree.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

McKitty pick wasn’t necessarily the problem. They needed a blocking TE and they went with the best one available according to some. The issue currently for me was always the Palmer pick before where you could have gotten all those other guys you mentioned.
                        Exactly why I wanted to pony-up for Jonnu Smith.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Exactly why I wanted to pony-up for Jonnu Smith.
                          Was Smith less injured than Hunter? Otherwise, why not spend the money on keeping HH who is a pretty good blocker himself and is a receiving threat.

Comment

Working...
                          X