Welcome Brenden Jaimes, OG/OT Nebraska (Pick #159)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Bulaga gets hurt. Will it be Pipkins or Jaimes or Feiler?

If it happens this year, I’d guess Feiler takes over and Jaimes goes to LG.

Pipkins is more or less a wildcard. It’s a make or break year for him in terms of development.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Bulaga gets hurt. Will it be Pipkins or Jaimes or Feiler?

If it happens this year, I’d guess Feiler takes over and Jaimes goes to LG.

Pipkins is more or less a wildcard. It’s a make or break year for him in terms of development.
      I would venture it will be Pipkins until he proves he can’t do it. Why change multiple spots along the line if he can play. Year 3 is a big year in Pips development.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I would venture it will be Pipkins until he proves he can’t do it. Why change multiple spots along the line if he can play. Year 3 is a big year in Pips development.
        I imagine you’re right. The staff is probably eager to gage his development ASAP.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I imagine you’re right. The staff is probably eager to gage his development ASAP.
          It makes sense. If he’s our future answer to ORT then it lessens the need to spend high end draft capital on another OT next year.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

It makes sense. If he’s our future answer to ORT then it lessens the need to spend high end draft capital on another OT next year.
            And the ‘22 draft is stacked with OL and DB. I’d much rather use our 1st on CHJr’s replacement.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

We shouldn’t be in line to draft either but I already have draft big crushes on Derek Stingley Jr (LSU) and Kyle Hamilton (ND).

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

We shouldn’t be in line to draft either but I already have draft big crushes on Derek Stingley Jr (LSU) and Kyle Hamilton (ND).
                Boye Mafe and Trent McDuffie are mine.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Bump.

Jaimes is looking like our best IOL prospect since Hardwick and Dielman.

His interior pass pro has been very good in terms of body position, hand fighting, and picking up stunts/switches. He still could use a bit better anchor but that will come with more strength.

Run blocking on the interior has been hit or miss (literally). I think he's still working out the details of run blocking teamwork on the inside, but you can also tell he's processing, it's just the details need work. Working next to Qberry and Norton hasn't helped evaluate who is screwing up the comvo when it happens.

He's also showing good initial burst to get to the 2nd level, he drew the defensive holding vs 49ers when the DT grabbed his collar when he fired off the line.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    Bump.

His interior pass pro has been very good in terms of body position, hand fighting, and picking up stunts/switches. He still could use a bit better anchor but that will come with more strength.

Run blocking on the interior has been hit or miss (literally). I think he's still working out the details of run blocking teamwork on the inside, but you can also tell he's processing, it's just the details need work. Working next to Qberry and Norton hasn't helped evaluate who is screwing up the comvo when it happens.

He's also showing good initial burst to get to the 2nd level, he drew the defensive holding vs 49ers when the DT grabbed his collar when he fired off the line.
                    Lots of snaps as a Cornhusker.

Did we actually get two solid, long term starters in this draft ?

Like we thought we did with Lamp/Feeney ?

:uplol:
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Bump.

Good initial analysis.
                      Footwork solid, punch location solid, good grip strength, excellent body positioning and hip torque.
                      Needs improvement in consistent leverage wins, core strength profile, and SIP/anchor.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Jaimes looks like he'll start sometime this year. Definitely our best reserve OL.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Good initial analysis.
                          Footwork solid, punch location solid, good grip strength, excellent body positioning and hip torque.
                          Needs improvement in consistent leverage wins, core strength profile, and SIP/anchor.
                          The good news is that he seems to understand leverage, so the added strength will be used correctly. Understanding and applying leverage at the tackle vs. guard position isn’t completely identical, so seeing Jaimes grasp it so soon is a great sign.

Comment

Working...
                          X