• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Have to give Renfroe credit - he saw the play, left his spot as punt returner and covered Campbell. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. Gutsy call though, pretty well executed. Just a good play by Renfroe to disrupt the catch.
    That was an impressive throw by a punter. Kudos to Swinton for trying :cheers:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Respect.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

All I can say after 4 games we got a dam good coach!

WE are on to something Special we have a Good Coach, Franchise QB, Our Left Tackle for the future and two Pro Bowl play makers on defense Bosa & James.

Our future is Bright!!!!!

Coach Staley is competent, confident, and energetic!

Last thing Coach Staley told us in the beginning before training camp he expected big things from Tillery and Adderley and they have been showing up I trust Staley in his evaluation of players and I trust him to lead us to Super Bowl if not this year it is coming Coach Staley is a Gangster Coach!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I've said it a couple of times (probably in this thread).

I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to have a coach like this.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Like I said in the post game thread, we're becoming a pre snap team, on both sides of the ball. We've never been that before. You have all week to prepare for your pre snap scheme, the other team has seconds to react. That's all coaching.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
              I've said it a couple of times (probably in this thread).

I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to have a coach like this.
              Looking at the list of coaches --- these to me are good head coaches - by divison

McDermott and Hoodie
              Harbaugh and Tomlin. Stefanski doesn't seem too bad
              AFC South - ehh, nobody. Well Urban : ) kidding
              Big Andy Can coach

NFC
              Payton of course
              Rivera, Arians and Zimmer aren't bad
              NFCWest - I used to think more of Kyle S

So the Chargers really are lucky with Staley - he might be the real deal, I know its early and he needs time - so I won't say upper echelon of coaches now - but there are a lot of guys I would take him over thats for sure. And for the long term - he is the guy for me.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

McVay too

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                  McVay too
                  good one -- I missed him - good call on McVay

But going through that last - Staley seems pretty damn good. Different. I get its four games but he really seems like a Head Coach and just not an OC thrust into the big job

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

When Telesco was interviewing coaches I thought he used phrases like "leader" and 'CEO of the football team" being more important than Xs and Os. But what makes Staley so great is he is a terrific leader (although in the modern mold, as opposed to Lombardi/Parcells/Lynn) but even more so his technical knowledge. More than one player has said that they have never been as prepared as they are under Staley. So high praise for him and a real indictment on the last couple regimes. I also note how the team is able to correct deficiencies and errors as opposed to just repeat them and have the coach say he is angry about it in his presser.

I am also reading Staley, who is the world's nicest guy, being described as ruthless. But in a good way. Like he is going to challenge you and keep beating you into submission but not be a jerk or make it personal.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Each week Staley is proving some of the old school football rules wrong..... maybe he is the first guy not named Bellicheck to really fully understand how to disrupt today's pass happy offenses?

Staley is starting to appear like a really special coach...... he might already be the best coach Chargers have had since Ross....

He makes quick game time decisions..... without needing to waste timeouts to decide or choose a play......

Staley is making me rethink over 50 years of playing and watching football.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                        Each week Staley is proving some of the old school football rules wrong..... maybe he is the first guy not named Bellicheck to really fully understand how to disrupt today's pass happy offenses?

Staley is starting to appear like a really special coach...... he might already be the best coach Chargers have had since Ross....

He makes quick game time decisions..... without needing to waste timeouts to decide or choose a play......

It just seems to me that he is thinks about the game not just play to play - but in a wider scope. Maybe he sits down with his staff and thinks of scenarios and how you handle it. Or just beinga fan of football he has mentally had strategic decisions he would make if coaching a game he is watching. So to your point, he is prepared when the play happens as he has thought of the scenario already. It didn't "sneak up on him".

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

About 20 years ago, I first heard about Kevin Kelley a HS coach in Arkansas.
                          He never punts regardless of field position, score, time left, or D&D. He also onside kicks every KO with 15+ variations. He states punting is frivolous, costs you opportunity at points, and has all the %’s of opponent success rate after a punt.
                          Kevin won 9 State Championships in 18 years and has now moved up to small school college football.

Not sure I accept all his assessments but it was the first time I started to embrace new unorthodox strategies and modify what I was looking for in coaches and player/prospects.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X