• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

If we do not make the POs this year and Sean Payton is available only a cheap,loser ass idiot of an organization would let him go elsewhere.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We also have to trade first round picks to get him.
      Really? why? I havent heard but if thats so then no way he comes here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        If we do not make the POs this year and Sean Payton is available only a cheap,loser ass idiot of an organization would let him go elsewhere.
        You do kmow who the owner is right? lol

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Really? why? I havent heard but if thats so then no way he comes here.
          It depends on how much NO wants and if the Chargers want to give up that much.

A look at the five biggest coach trades in the history of the NFL, including those involving Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells and Jon Gruden.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I would fully expect a massive ask for an NFC team, especially a division rival. Wonder if an AFC would get a lesser ask. Who am I kidding?

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

You guys need to stop kidding yourselves. Spanos would never pay Payton. Forget about it.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

With Payton making most of the personnel decisions, and Telesco out, would not having to spend much on a general manager make it more realistic for Spanos to bring in Payton?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  With Payton making most of the personnel decisions, and Telesco out, would not having to spend much on a general manager make it more realistic for Spanos to bring in Payton?
                  The Saints had a GM with Payton. Loomis is a pretty good GM and been there many years.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Saints had a GM with Payton. Loomis is a pretty good GM and been there many years.
                    I could be wrong, but I always viewed it as Payton making the personnel decisions--kind of like how it was with Belichick and Pioli in New England. Pioli was nothing after he left Belichick.

Loomis was the executive vice president of basketball operations for the New Orleans Pelicans for eight years while he was also the Saints' "general manager." What NFL general manager has the time to also be an NBA team's executive vice president of basketball operations?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The most important person in your football organization is the HC.
                      When he was hired people loved him. Now they want to turn on him.

Is Staley worrying people that much? It's making me think of this....

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

If we get Peyton - Spanos prolly LETS TELESCO GO (and his salary). With that salary, pay Petyon as coach. and GM.
                        For that matter, let John Spanos's salary go too while at it....

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                          It's a work in progress, lets complain, chill, get anxious, angry, happy but lets wait until the end of season, I think we will end up 12-5 with a playoff spot.

This team is coming together slowly as the season goes, the key is this stretch of games, so far so good.

And I'll give you my .02 cents on the 4th down call, to me it was a balls of brass decision putting his trust and confidence on the team, the team simply didnt execute, and the team should learn from this, "Coach expected me to deliver and I didn't, I wont let him down next time..." That should be the thought.
                          It's not so much that they didn't execute (a dropped ball, a missed block) but more about the dearth of creativity in this offensive system. I mean, really? The one play they call when they need it most is a one-read option slant to MW? No pre-snap movement or misdirection or two options or pre-snap read and switch for Herbert to call?

Comment

Working...
                          X