• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I did too . . . . . . . . . . Staley interviews very well, speaks well. I really thought we had something . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but he's more style - less substance. He sure fooled me . . . . . . .
    I remember reading twitter from either Pellisero or Shrager that Staley was the hire - that was a Sunday night - after 6pm

Shefter reported on Saturday morning that Daboll was the presumptive pick. I almost couldn't believe it - the Chargers were going to get the hire right

The day before Saturyay night, the Ravens played the bills - I think the Ravens didn't have Lamar - but I was rooting for the Ravens to win just so Daboll could take the job on Sunday

As it was -Staley was going to be interviewed by the Texans and Eagles that Sunday but the Chargers didn't want to :"lose him"
    they should have lost him

How often is Shefter wrong ? Not very and I wish he wouldn't have been wrong
    Daboll was the obvious choice out of that group. There were so many boxes he checked.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      My prediction...

Staley sees his stars as difference makers. He banks on them ultimately coming through.

The first quarter of the season will be dicey.

Then, we'll see.

I am not teying to make excuses,
      just saying patience would be a good idea.
      Staley is a very poor evaluator of stars . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I bought into it
        my first thought it was a bad hire
        I forget the names that interviewed in total
        Bieniemy
        Garrett
        Daboll
        Eberflus
        Saleh
        Brady
        Staley
        Did Arthur Smith

As best as I can recall: Joe Brady was at the bottom, Staley or arthur Smith next, followed by Staley or Arthur Smith

I had Daboll, probably Saleh and Garrett third
        I remember the guys on the other forum really wanting Brady, I wanted Daboll or Bienemy. I wish I had the ability to tell the future and we hired Steichen... That guy came out of nowhere, nobody saw his stock rise like it did.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

I remember the guys on the other forum really wanting Brady, I wanted Daboll or Bienemy. I wish I had the ability to tell the future and we hired Steichen... That guy came out of nowhere, nobody saw his stock rise like it did.
          I knew I didn't want Joe Brady. One year as OC at the LSU with Burrows the guy on KC at RB, Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Randy Moss's kid -I think they probably had another WR - that offense was loaded.

Bieniemy I thought had earned the stripes

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

I did too . . . . . . . . . . Staley interviews very well, speaks well. I really thought we had something . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but he's more style - less substance. He sure fooled me . . . . . . .
            Fooled me as well. He would probably be a better salesman or politician than a coach.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

The first post in this thread cracks me up to read now... We're so easily fooled as Charger fans.
              Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              I don't think Staley is the type of personality that 'commands' attention.
              If he morphs into that kind of personality, then he's Belichick like in his success,
              or he's headed downward.
              ​

Huh? Go read what Jalen Ramsey and the rest of the D said about Staley. Go see what they said about him in Chicago. Weak sauce post.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The first post in this thread cracks me up to read now... We're so easily fooled as Charger fans.
                Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 1.10.47 PM.png

Staley beat the Chiefs in his third game as head coach. I'd like to hear more about the Xs and Os and less about fans' past posts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Completely different...we blew a 27 point lead that game...this game, we stood toe to toe, and traded punches with a juggernaut offense...their last punch barely landed, ours missed. We got work to do, but its hardly an epic coach failure that some on here claim...all Im sayin'
                  Hmm, I see our defense getting torced in both games.

In the end the scores were close and we lost and our defense was swiss cheese.

We'll see how Miami fairs against good defenses going forward and I suspect Tannehill will look better this week as well.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 1.10.47 PM.png

Staley beat the Chiefs in his third game as head coach. I'd like to hear more about the Xs and Os and less about fans' past posts.
                    Staley should cut his beard !

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Staley seemed pretty terse and short in his limited presser today.

Must be grumpy and feeling the heat after being bashed nationally for his sieve defense for the 3rd year in a row

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

I noticed that too! He seemed more tense and upset than I can ever remember seeing him.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Lynn also interviewed well...the Spani and TT were impressed by his "take charge" attitude...too bad he just isn't HC material...show me a successful track record over multiple years as an OC or DC in the NFL, or as HC, OC, or DC in college, and THAT carries more weight for me than an interview...

Comment

Working...
                          X