Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yep, it's pretty sad. But also doesn't change my point as to the wild speculation being thrown around about the team.
    Rebellions are built on hope. Forums are built on speculation.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

How about we let the season play out? I mean, first time, admittedly inexperienced, but moderately successful coach...why all the call for tar and feathers? I guess people gotta cope by bashing the coach...they need to find something to blame...but geez...some of our biggest mistakes have been made by players, at crucial times...and injuries were brutal last year...why do we ignore this? Are injuries too "intangible" to be a reason for lack of success?

People, I have watched a lot of football, and last week, Tua was in "The Zone"....and when he was in the zone last year, before he got his brains scrambled, he flat out embarrassed some defenses and their teams...but we damn near had the game...give credit to the Dolphins...they played spectacular...and we still almost had them. It happens. If we can't get our shit together the next couple of games...then I would start calling out the coaches.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        How about we let the season play out? I mean, first time, admittedly inexperienced, but moderately successful coach...why all the call for tar and feathers? I guess people gotta cope by bashing the coach...they need to find something to blame...but geez...some of our biggest mistakes have been made by players, at crucial times...and injuries were brutal last year...why do we ignore this? Are injuries too "intangible" to be a reason for lack of success?

People, I have watched a lot of football, and last week, Tua was in "The Zone"....and when he was in the zone last year, before he got his brains scrambled, he flat out embarrassed some defenses and their teams...but we damn near had the game...give credit to the Dolphins...they played spectacular...and we still almost had them. It happens. If we can't get our shit together the next couple of games...then I would start calling out the coaches.
        That's what I think too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Ok, but keep in mind our last 2 games...

we had a 27-3 / 27-0? lead and lost.
          Sunday we gave up over 500 yards , 466 in the air and gave up 36 points....with everyone healthy.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Everyone here has watched a lot of football. People see things differently.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

How about we let the season play out?
              How many seasons?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staleys press conference today
                That's just absurd . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yes, Telesco will take the fall, but not until it's expedient for the Spanos family to fire him...whatever deflects public outcry away from them and onto someone else will continue to be their MO...all the while they pull the strings...they have such a corrosive reputation in football circles that they know it might be difficult to replace TT with anyone worth half a shit...let's go back to retread "pre-retirement job" GMs and coaches...at least that set up got us to a Super Bowl once, right?

if Dean really gave a shit about a title he wouldn't have mired the club with figurehead football people and nepotism...The Chargers have always been primarily business investment to the Spanos, with the added benefit of adding a bunch of family members to the payroll...My beloved Chargers are owned by a diehard Raider fan...
                  I think you're overestimating how much the Spanos clan cares about public opinion. Now if the team starts losing VALUE due to their record - I do believe thy care about that. Everything else - not so much. They run the Chargers like a business - not a sports club dedicated to winning

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                    TT = 2 playoff wins since he's been here and I believe in one of his playoffs games his team lost to a Rex Ryan coached team!

*Tom Telesco has been the general manager for the Los Angeles Chargers since 2013. During this time period, the Chargers compiled a 79-83-0 record with two pro-bowl franchise QB's!

This guy is a multi-millionaire.​ TT drafted K-9, Tillery, Teo, Attaochu, Lamp, Adderly, Feeney, Justin Jones, Etc. Etc. Etc. Most of the players he has drafted are no longer on our team.

Since TT has been here his head coaches have been Mike Mccoy, Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley...
                    It's just my opinion but I don't think TT's draft record is bad. IMO it's probably above average in comparison to other GM"s, particularly since they brought Staley on board. Now the coaches are deplorable - ALL of them. They're all incompetent, just in different ways.

Coaching matters . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It's just my opinion but I don't think TT's draft record is bad. IMO it's probably above average in comparison to other GM"s, particularly since they brought Staley on board. Now the coaches are deplorable - ALL of them. They're all incompetent, just in different ways.

Coaching matters . . . . . . . . . . . .
                      Even Moore? No, he's already a huge upgrade over Lombo...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ok, but keep in mind our last 2 games...

we had a 27-3 / 27-0? lead and lost.
                        Sunday we gave up over 500 yards , 466 in the air and gave up 36 points....with everyone healthy.
                        Completely different...we blew a 27 point lead that game...this game, we stood toe to toe, and traded punches with a juggernaut offense...their last punch barely landed, ours missed. We got work to do, but its hardly an epic coach failure that some on here claim...all Im sayin'

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

How many seasons?
                          Uh...one? Hence, "...let THE season play out."

If the Bolts are weak sauce in the playoffs, or miss them all together, Ill be ready for a change...I just dont think 3 FULL seasons is too much to ask to truly evaluate a first time head coach...and the final grade should be based on the final results...

Comment

Working...
                          X