Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

There are different kinds of retreads

McDaniel was not good in Denver and he was not good with the Raiders
    Jim Caldwell was good with the Colts (yes he had Manning) but with the Lions - the moribund Lions, he was over .500

Quinn finished one game over .500 in Atlanta but that included going 7-14 in his final 21 games before he was fired

So in terms of a retread - past performance does matter.

Harbaught, guy won at USD, he won at Stanford and of course the Niners and now Michigan

Hell, look at Jason Garretts record in Dallas - well over .500
    Funny enough, I’m pretty sure Jason Garrett was the first HC we interviewed last HC cycle. I’m not exactly sure what he brings if he does become our HC other than keeping Moore as our OC and stability.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Mark Davis was really bitter about the loss to Chicago with a UDFA QB against them and then they lost last week.

He said he hasn't seen improvement so that's why he fired them now. That was in the news here.
      Funny thing is, they improved after Gruden left.
      Bashacia had them playing well and I'm glad Davis didn't keep him. He let the improvement go.
      Anyone with eyes could see Josh sucks as a NFL head coach. Just thinking about his HC performance back at Denver still makes me laugh. Mark Davis was an idiot even hiring him, hence he doesn't get it. Mark Davis watched a 6-11 season and didnt get it. He took a year and a half to figure out McHoodie is Hood Junior still, hence he doesn't get it very fast. Mark Davis hired an asshole Gruden and a TV analyst as GM - hence he really doesn't get it.

I see no reason to credit Mark Davis with any get-it at all. He still doesn't even get what a proper adult male haircut is. He's an assclown, literally worse progeny than the young Spani in all respects, you can't even take him to a cocktail party
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Sooooooo……Josh McDaniel is available. 🤔.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Funny enough, I’m pretty sure Jason Garrett was the first HC we interviewed last HC cycle. I’m not exactly sure what he brings if he does become our HC other than keeping Moore as our OC and stability.
          He was interviewed fairly early in the process. On the list of 8, he was my number three or four. That said more about who I didn't want over wanting him. Daboll, Saleh, Garret / Bieniemy, Eberflus, Smith, Staley and Brady. I know Staley and Brady were the bottom two for sure

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

We’ll suffer through the season because Spanos is more patient than most owners, for good or bad. It’s not like firing Staley now necessarily gives the Chargers a leg up on the coaching search. Especially if a guy they want is currently on a playoff team. Davis was stupid to pay McDaniel that much in the first place. And he’s a good example of going with retread as HC.

No argument there . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
              Sooooooo……Josh McDaniel is available. 🤔.
              Just stop . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So that means they gave Josh something like a 6 year 60m contract

My guess, Josh is smiling today in a way
                Yes, it was $10 million a year for 6 years. Davis gets it???

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

THIS is why the Spanos won't remove a coach before their contract runs out - 45 million reasons . . . . . . . . .
                  If Staley got a 4 year $16 million contract as reported, it would be 6 million reasons, but I get your point.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes, it was $10 million a year for 6 years. Davis gets it???
                    Not in the case of hiring - no (he was an idiot to hire Joshy), but as far as knowing when it's time to cut bait - yes.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

And he’s a good example of going with retread as HC.
                      It's puzzling why Davis gave a guy who got fired after a year and a half with the Broncos with an 11-17 record a 6 year contract. Imagine getting a check for $45 million dollars after already collecting $15 million in the last 18 months. The guy is 47 and can live the rest of his life in luxury if he wants.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Anyone with eyes could see Josh sucks as a NFL head coach. Just thinking about his HC performance back at Denver still makes me laugh. Mark Davis was an idiot even hiring him, hence he doesn't get it. Mark Davis watched a 6-11 season and didnt get it. He took a year and a half to figure out McHoodie is Hood Junior still, hence he doesn't get it very fast. Mark Davis hired an asshole Gruden and a TV analyst as GM - hence he really doesn't get it.

I see no reason to credit Mark Davis with any get-it at all. He still doesn't even get what a proper adult male haircut is. He's an assclown, literally worse progeny than the young Spani in all respects, you can't even take him to a cocktail party
                        Lol, yep his haircut is awful. I wasn't giving him any credit, just telling what I saw. Agree McDoodie was a bad hire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's puzzling why Davis gave a guy who got fired after a year and a half with the Broncos with an 11-17 record a 6 year contract. Imagine getting a check for $45 million dollars after already collecting $15 million in the last 18 months. The guy is 47 and can live the rest of his life in luxury if he wants.
                          That's the kind of contract I'm looking for lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X