• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    Telesco definitely needs to go ASAP. This team needs a 100% reset as far as how the team is structured, the type of players you draft, the depth of the team etc

Yet another example this week: Van Noy has 6 sacks in 5 games this season

Just way too many avoidable errors in personnel that cost this team football games
    I wasn't aware of this . . . . . . . . . . . now I'm really ticked. Unless Van Noy said that he wasn't going to play for us no matter what (a distinct possibility), I have no idea why he's not on this team . . . . . . . . .same with Callahan - as bad as we are in the secondary he would certainly be a help.

The red above is why TT has to go. Obvious issues that we fans can see go unresolved (backup center) - that's unacceptable. We're starting 2 young guards at different positions than they played last year. It's not a surprise to me that we're not strong up the middle after Corey went down - Corey helped the young guys play better, Clapp requires them to help him - not good . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would agree with this. But you can add Telesco as well.
      I agree with all . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I want Harbaugh as the next head coach, but I don't agree that Ben Johnson has done nothing. He's done a great job with that offense and bringing Jared Goff back to life. He also does an excellent job utilizing the running game. If we don't get Harbaugh I will be terribly disappointed. If we choose to hire Johnson, I will be terribly disappointed that we chose him over Harbaugh, but I will look forward to seeing what Johnson can do with Herbert, how he will build a running game, and if he could bring that Dan Campbell type of toughness that this team so desperately needs.
        He is the perfect hire for the Spanii - young coordinator with limited years of success.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          Telesco definitely needs to go ASAP. This team needs a 100% reset as far as how the team is structured, the type of players you draft, the depth of the team etc

Yet another example this week: Van Noy has 6 sacks in 5 games this season

Just way too many avoidable errors in personnel that cost this team football games
          Van Noy, Callahan, JC Jackson is more likely a sign Staley doesn’t know how to evaluate and use players versus Telesco.

Yes, the reset needs to include Telesco but Staley is a disaster as a DC. Worst in the history of this franchise.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            If Harbaugh isnt our HC, it may not be bad idea to just bring Staley back for 1 final year. I just hope the 2025 HC candidates are better than next years. I have feeling if we fire Staley this year and dont end up with Harbaugh we'll just promote Moore in 2025. That could delay our SB window even further. Rather get both fired in 2024 and use next 2 possible high draft picks on a small rebuild on DL and CBs.
            Promoting Moore would be an improvement as the team would get a new DC and a chair would be a better DC than Staley.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Van Noy, Callahan, JC Jackson is more likely a sign Staley doesn’t know how to evaluate and use players versus Telesco.

Yes, the reset needs to include Telesco but Staley is a disaster as a DC. Worst in the history of this franchise.
              That just tells me the GM and HC are both clueless in building a roster.

As with Telesco - 11 years now and he has had two consistent issues on the roster: Oline and Defense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Promoting Moore would be an improvement as the team would get a new DC and a chair would be a better DC than Staley.
                I am not so sure about that. Moore would just continue teh cycle from McCoy to Lynn to Staley and now Moore. At best a lateral easy hire for the Spanii

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I wasn't aware of this . . . . . . . . . . . now I'm really ticked. Unless Van Noy said that he wasn't going to play for us no matter what (a distinct possibility), I have no idea why he's not on this team . . . . . . . . .same with Callahan - as bad as we are in the secondary he would certainly be a help.

The red above is why TT has to go. Obvious issues that we fans can see go unresolved (backup center) - that's unacceptable. We're starting 2 young guards at different positions than they played last year. It's not a surprise to me that we're not strong up the middle after Corey went down - Corey helped the young guys play better, Clapp requires them to help him - not good . . . . . . . . .
                  As I said in another thread - Van Noy did not sign until week 3 of this season, meaning no team in the entire league wanted him until the Ravens had some injuries. Singling Telesco out for this seems strange.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Is Callahan playing anywhere? I am surprised no one signed him in the off season.

Good for Van Noy. I like that guy.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As I said in another thread - Van Noy did not sign until week 3 of this season, meaning no team in the entire league wanted him until the Ravens had some injuries. Singling Telesco out for this seems strange.

He was arguably our best defensive player last year, particularly in crunch time. He was/is cheap. Not resigning him was a big mistake.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

When we started the season we had 2 pass rushers (Bosa, Mack), a rookie (Tuli) and JAG (Rumph). Given Mack's age and Bosa's inability to stay healthy it was (IMO) imperative that more quality pass rush depth be brought in. Van Noy was the obvious choice. Telesco elected not to pursue him - even though there was a clear need and KVN's cost would have been affordable. That's a failure to plan ahead on TT's part, similar to the depth at center issue.

We've been (mostly) saved by Tuli's emergence, but imagine how much better we could be with a foursome of Mack, Bosa, Tuli & KVN? I see this as another indication of TT's inability to let his draft choices go (Rumph) when they're not performing (see McKitty) unless it's absolutely rubbed in his face.

To be fair Rumph hasn't been as bad as McKitty - but he hasn't done anything either. He's the poster child for 'JAG'. I'd be willing to bet Farmer (UDFA) could give us as much or more - it wouldn't be hard.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Not sure I'd go THAT far . . . . . . . . . . Doesn't mean he's any good though . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X