• Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Name them
    McCarthy is doing okay in Dallas after a solid stint in GB
    Josh McD - he was terrible in Denver and now with the Raiders
    Quinn - only one job
    Caldwell - did a good job in Indy but solid in Detroit
    Marvin lewis - only the one job

Schwartz - ended poorly in Detroit but has a top notch defense in Cleveland now

Zimmer - hasn't got a second chance
    Arians did fine in his second chance in Tampa

So who are these "previous HCs" that have not succeeded - I am not tryiing to be a smart aleck - I just cannot name one truly other than McD. Its not like I want to hire Pat Shurmur or Ben McAdoo or Jim Mora Jr.
    I thought you meant to be HC at LAC. If you meant to be a coordinator then of course - agree. Most failed HC’s were successful coordinators
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought you meant to be HC at LAC. If you meant to be a coordinator then of course - agree. Most failed HC’s were successful coordinators
      No, I would want them for head coach

Quinn was pretty good in Atlanta, went to a SB I think
      garrett - good record in Dallas

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No, I would want them for head coach

Quinn was pretty good in Atlanta, went to a SB I think
        garrett - good record in Dallas
        Retreads vs rookies . . . . . . .. .ugh. Can we pry Willingham out of Utah??

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Retreads vs rookies . . . . . . .. .ugh. Can we pry Willingham out of Utah??
          I truly do not think Quinn or Garrett are retreads. Marty was on his 4th job when he got to San Diego; Norv his third.

I cannot think of a retread coach in the NFL as how often do they get second chances these days. Truly. The word "retread" is, to me, overused.

As for Whittingham - truly one college coach that I think could cut it in the NFL but not sure he wants the problems with being in the NFL. I don't trust a lot of college guys as its recruiting recruiting recruiting

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

If Harbaugh isnt our HC, it may not be bad idea to just bring Staley back for 1 final year. I just hope the 2025 HC candidates are better than next years. I have feeling if we fire Staley this year and dont end up with Harbaugh we'll just promote Moore in 2025. That could delay our SB window even further. Rather get both fired in 2024 and use next 2 possible high draft picks on a small rebuild on DL and CBs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              If Harbaugh isnt our HC, it may not be bad idea to just bring Staley back for 1 final year. I just hope the 2025 HC candidates are better than next years. I have feeling if we fire Staley this year and dont end up with Harbaugh we'll just promote Moore in 2025. That could delay our SB window even further. Rather get both fired in 2024 and use next 2 possible high draft picks on a small rebuild on DL and CBs.
              If Staley is worthy of firing then so is Telesco. Need to start new there.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Telesco definitely needs to go ASAP. This team needs a 100% reset as far as how the team is structured, the type of players you draft, the depth of the team etc

Yet another example this week: Van Noy has 6 sacks in 5 games this season

Just way too many avoidable errors in personnel that cost this team football games

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                  Telesco definitely needs to go ASAP. This team needs a 100% reset as far as how the team is structured, the type of players you draft, the depth of the team etc

Yet another example this week: Van Noy has 6 sacks in 5 games this season

Just way too many avoidable errors in personnel that cost this team football games
                  ESPN.com guy Kris Rihm wrote an article about JC Jackson and why it didn't work out

Telesco apologized to the team for the mistake

Telesco should apologize by just quitting as he is 11 years in and hasn't figure out what the hell his job is!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Staley is running out of opportunities to save his job. Time to string together some wins or he'll be back to a LB coach soon.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Staley is a fraud. Defensive genius my ass!!

KC held Miami to 14 points winning 21-14.

Staley defense gave Miami 36 points, losing 36-34.

Quit blaming Herbert and the offense. It’s Staley and his pathetic defensive schemes. He is outwitted and overmatched by every OC in the league.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be crap. Been watching that show for 11 years. I dont want any of those guys.
                        I might take a big step back from the team if they did that in my quest to try and be done with the franchise with this ownership. Lincoln Riley would really piss me off.

Telesco has to be let go first. Ben Johnson has done nothing in Detroit. Their GM has just drafted well and Campbell turns out is a good HC. Telesco has not drafted well enough. He has been ok lately but needs to be better.
                        JohnBoy has a role in there somewhere, just not sure where, but he needs to step back as well and let the next GM decide who to hire. We dont need JohnBoys lack of football knowledge fingerprints all over this team.
                        I want Harbaugh as the next head coach, but I don't agree that Ben Johnson has done nothing. He's done a great job with that offense and bringing Jared Goff back to life. He also does an excellent job utilizing the running game. If we don't get Harbaugh I will be terribly disappointed. If we choose to hire Johnson, I will be terribly disappointed that we chose him over Harbaugh, but I will look forward to seeing what Johnson can do with Herbert, how he will build a running game, and if he could bring that Dan Campbell type of toughness that this team so desperately needs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          Staley is a fraud. Defensive genius my ass!!

KC held Miami to 14 points winning 21-14.

Staley defense gave Miami 36 points, losing 36-34.

Quit blaming Herbert and the offense. It’s Staley and his pathetic defensive schemes. He is outwitted and overmatched by every OC in the league.
                          I would agree with this. But you can add Telesco as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X