• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It is not a mystery to me - no receiver on the entire roster has shown any ability to get quick separation other than Allen so there is nobody to throw to.
    and sometimes those throws are dropped

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

The defense and special teams were impressive but offense stunk. If not for 3 Jet turnovers, this game was a toss up.

There’s no question the OL stinks at both pass protect and run blocking. Absolute garbage.

What’s mystifying is why Herbert holds on to the ball so long and why Moore isn’t designing a quicker release offense with slants and targets to Ekeler out of the backfield.

I’d like to see Herbert take 3 step drops and immediate release like McDaniel designed for Tua to spare him from concussions.
      Agreed 0 but maybe that is on kellen moore and not justin herbert

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Don’t get too excited. It was the Jets. Pretty much the worst offense in the NFL.
        What are your thoughts on the oft repeated notion that Staley has lost the locker room ?
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What are your thoughts on the oft repeated notion that Staley has lost the locker room ?
          Ansley found it?

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed 0 but maybe that is on kellen moore and not justin herbert
            Yes, good chance its by design and therefore Moore’s fault.

Whether it’s Herbert or Moore, it has to change because this OL is dogshit. Slater sill looks good but Johnson, Salyer, Clapp, and Pipkins were turnstiles last night.

Telesco has to be the worst recruiter of trench talent in history.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Bears and Jets postponed judgement day. Lions are a bonified litmus test.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I have posited this before. KVN was signed by the Chargers to play Off Ball LB. They then made a firm commitment to develop young defenders, including k9, Henley, and Rumph.

KVN ended up choosing which team he signed with--and when.

Lamar is playing very well and the Ravens are the best team in the AFC.
                Which is odd as KVN best years have been as a OLB, not a ILB. Detroit let him go because he didn't play well as a ILB and he wasn't as good @ Miami as a ILB.

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Someone said "Ansley found it." I saw "All In." Staley led the coaches to change. Ansley implemented what they coaches discussed in their meeting. Jury still out on Staley, (we have to better teams.)
                  However
                  * Never count out a man who BEAT CANCER! That's fierce.
                  * The team is now playing relaxed bcuz coaches told them to have fun. It's a game. Work on choreographed celebrations on D. (I always thought the problem was in between the ears)

1st thing Staley told them was to give Super Bowl winning effort. Should have been the case Day 1 (not, you guys are already good - I think)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Which is odd as KVN best years have been as a OLB, not a ILB. Detroit let him go because he didn't play well as a ILB and he wasn't as good @ Miami as a ILB.
                    Fine but there is an explanation outside of Staley and Telesco are clueless.

I say in this instance they had somethung specific in mind.

Future cap ramifications, player development and big picture roster building.

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ3CWPGbWUs&pp=ygUQVGhlIGxpb25zIGRlbiBlMQ% 3D%3D&pbjreload=102
                      Emailed this to John Spanos 2 weeks ago.

Since then TT apologized (humble)
                      Coaches met w/ ea other
                      Coaches told players to create identity
                      D Coaches said to have fun. Choreograph a celebration ....

Last nite, the D players played loose. Had fun. Nd 2 work on that choreography

Hmmmmm......
                      Maybe John received it and applied it?! Good on them either way.
                      The Lions owner is very humble...

Bible says when you humble yourself, you will be lifted up...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yes, good chance its by design and therefore Moore’s fault.

Whether it’s Herbert or Moore, it has to change because this OL is dogshit. Slater sill looks good but Johnson, Salyer, Clapp, and Pipkins were turnstiles last night.

Telesco has to be the worst recruiter of trench talent in history.
                        11 years
                        Defense and OLine - every year, throw some players together to see if they work

I always bring up Clapp and JK Scott as failures of Telesco. He willingly brought both players back when both were just not that good last year to not have competition.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Someone said "Ansley found it." I saw "All In." Staley led the coaches to change. Ansley implemented what they coaches discussed in their meeting. Jury still out on Staley, (we have to better teams.)
                          However
                          * Never count out a man who BEAT CANCER! That's fierce.
                          * The team is now playing relaxed bcuz coaches told them to have fun. It's a game. Work on choreographed celebrations on D. (I always thought the problem was in between the ears)

1st thing Staley told them was to give Super Bowl winning effort. Should have been the case Day 1 (not, you guys are already good - I think)
                          That was the brilliant jamrock.
                          Good post.
                          I like to see the forest and the trees.

Comment

Working...
                          X