• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Re: the offense. A lot will depend on Herbert's ability to learn and process. He is supposed to be extremely smart and with a need to be challenged. We'll see how far and how fast he can take the Lombardi-Shanahan offense. I bet he does a great job.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Re: the offense. A lot will depend on Herbert's ability to learn and process. He is supposed to be extremely smart and with a need to be challenged. We'll see how far and how fast he can take the Lombardi-Shanahan offense. I bet he does a great job.

TG
      Agreed. And smart is also different than mental processing in real time, which I think the article is saying Brees excels in.
      There will be bumps but we should give Herbert time in ONE pro system for at least a year, to gain reps before we judge how quickly he can process real time football decisions
      has all the tools and intangibles thus far
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
        I think he'll do well. He made a lot of impressive decisions on the fly as a rookie. This year he'll have more prep. It shouldn't hurt.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Agreed. And smart is also different than mental processing in real time, which I think the article is saying Brees excels in.
          There will be bumps but we should give Herbert time in ONE pro system for at least a year, to gain reps before we judge how quickly he can process real time football decisions
          has all the tools and intangibles thus far
          What I think is a true positive is how Staley describes that they will build the system around JH10. They will accentuate his strengths from last season (Shanahan system), build in a productive multi-faceted run game/screen game, and put stressors on the D with formations/personnel groupings as the Saints scheme base.

Each season they will evaluate and begin with a bigger base playbook and add new creative ways to attack certain defensive schemes, rinse/repeat. This year will show real growth by mid season, steady weekly improvement through end of the season, and by mid season 2022 we may but up 40 a week.

I hope they keep most of the language from last season to just keep that cohesive element.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What I think is a true positive is how Staley describes that they will build the system around JH10. They will accentuate his strengths from last season (Shanahan system), build in a productive multi-faceted run game/screen game, and put stressors on the D with formations/personnel groupings as the Saints scheme base.

Each season they will evaluate and begin with a bigger base playbook and add new creative ways to attack certain defensive schemes, rinse/repeat. This year will show real growth by mid season, steady weekly improvement through end of the season, and by mid season 2022 we may but up 40 a week.

I hope they keep most of the language from last season to just keep that cohesive element.
            All these types of posts really piss me off.........That season is FOUR months away. I wish it was September already, can't come soon enough.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Absolutely. Now what is the plan if Lombardi earns a HC gig sooner rather than later?
              Will Staley be the one to continue the building of the offense or does it take a serious step back?
              I have no reason to NOT trust Staley with whatever the plan is, but I would feel better if I had a reasonable idea of what it is.
              perhaps it would help to have a competent and ambitious position coach (like Staley was) on staff at all times to promote to OC when/if needed.
              Could that be a player like Chase Daniel perhaps?
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I still loath the ratturds for the shit they got away with 40-45 years ago. I can’t let it go.
                The queefs I only dislike. They have been a standup organization (no cheap shots) but recently the character of a few players has been shitty.
                The fucking donks are just a big festering boil on my ass. I can visualize murdering their players, fans, and equipment staff while eating a BBQ horse brisket.
                This is because you’re a goddamn real life red blooded motherfucking CHARGER FAN! I try as best I can to hate KC the most as they are clearly the only divisional threat now and for the foreseeable future, and make no mistake I do not like them one little bit. I quite dislike them.

But the Raiders are forever the most loathsome hated entity on the planet. Cheating lying criminal scum, eye gouging stickum sucking butt cowboys.

And the goddamn Donks are right behind them at #2 ... and their bucktooth horse face ass manager, ... and throw in their butt puppet Hochuli.

Fuck the Raiders
                Fuck the Broncos
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Absolutely. Now what is the plan if Lombardi earns a HC gig sooner rather than later? The QB coach.
                  Will Staley be the one to continue the building of the offense or does it take a serious step back? Staley delegates and manages the chaos.
                  I have no reason to NOT trust Staley with whatever the plan is, but I would feel better if I had a reasonable idea of what it is. We all do and we won’t see it till week 1 and the full version around mid season.
                  perhaps it would help to have a competent and ambitious position coach (like Staley was) on staff at all times to promote to OC when/if needed. Staley is detail oriented. He has a succession plan with internal and external candidates.
                  Could that be a player like Chase Daniel perhaps? He’s here to be JH10’s veteran sounding board.
                  That’s my take anyway.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

This is because you’re a goddamn real life red blooded motherfucking CHARGER FAN! I try as best I can to hate KC the most as they are clearly the only divisional threat now and for the foreseeable future, and make no mistake I do not like them one little bit. I quite dislike them.

But the Raiders are forever the most loathsome hated entity on the planet. Cheating lying criminal scum, eye gouging stickum sucking butt cowboys.

And the goddamn Donks are right behind them at #2 ... and their bucktooth horse face ass manager, ... and throw in their butt puppet Hochuli.

Fuck the Raiders
                    Fuck the Broncos
                    I hate them all too but the Chefs have been working OT to get assholes on their team, beating kids, women and such. They have some real bad apples.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I don't think I have "hate" for the raiders, it's more like, I look forward to beating them more than any team (other than the contemporary KC team).
                      I see the turds as our evil twin brother, a mirror image of ourselfs, what we could have been, mainly because of the connection with Al David and Lance Alworth.
                      I have a love/hate relationship with Al Davis.
                      we all know the bad stories, he was a horrible human being at times, but im a fan of his philosophy and win at all costs mentality
                      he was a visionary that was forward thinking and backed down to no one, not even the NFL
                      full disclosure, my aformentioned wife has ties to big Al so there's that bias.
                      Don't get me wrong, I cherish their failure, but I hate teams I'm threatened by, and thankfully they aren't one of them haha
                      I also wasn't around for the holy roller so ya, I could imagine how it felt for some of y'all
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

I don't think I have "hate" for the raiders, it's more like, I look forward to beating them more than any team (other than the contemporary KC team).
                        I see the turds as our evil twin brother, a mirror image of ourselfs, what we could have been, mainly because of the connection with Al David and Lance Alworth.
                        I have a love/hate relationship with Al Davis.
                        we all know the bad stories, he was a horrible human being at times, but im a fan of his philosophy and win at all costs mentality
                        he was a visionary that was forward thinking and backed down to no one, not even the NFL
                        full disclosure, my aformentioned wife has ties to big Al so there's that bias.
                        Don't get me wrong, I cherish their failure, but I hate teams I'm threatened by, and thankfully they aren't one of them haha
                        I also wasn't around for the holy roller so ya, I could imagine how it felt for some of y'all
                        Holy Roller was like being stabbed in the back, then having salt and lemon juice poured in it, then getting kicked in the nuts for good measure.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Holy Roller was like being stabbed in the back, then having salt and lemon juice poured in it, then getting kicked in the nuts for good measure.
                          I still can't believe that f**king play!
                          Our season tickets back then were in Loge 20 or 21( right behind the goal post in the closed end of the stadium/ 3rd base line)Row D, so had a great view of Stabler running for his life. When he got hit, I thought for sure it was a sack. Then when I saw him chuck the ball, I thought maybe incomplete. Either way- ball game over.
                          Then I saw Banaszak and Casper pushing/kicking the ball, thinking " what the hell are they doing? Ball's dead, games over.
                          When the ref's signalled Touchdown, NO ONE in our section thought that was remotely possible.
                          It's not that I still dwell on it though........:cuss:

F**K the Raiders! Lying, cheating, bastards.

Comment

Working...
                          X