Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

nah i saw this same defense vs KC 2nd half and Bears. Its legit

You still think that now?

If you meant that they were legit against terrible offenses - I'll give you that. But legit against good offenses?? Not hardly . . . . . . . . . . . . NO sacks, No turnovers, NOT in the same zip code with receivers, 520 yards of offense, 200 yards rushing, and 41 points. The Lions offense is good, but not KC level good. We just made them look like it . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Spanii are probably already thinking of how good Ben Johnson will be as the next coach and how innovative the offense is. Not realizing, it starts with the OL
      Problem is...the team HAS invested in the OL. A lot.

And yet Herbert has a new bloody body part every week.

Are we just picking the wrong guys or are they not getting coached up enough?
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AZBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Well, I would easily say that rhe offensive line coach deserves to be in the penalty box on probation….. their overall play has been unacceptable

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
              [/B][/U][/COLOR]

You still think that now?

If you meant that they were legit against terrible offenses - I'll give you that. But legit against good offenses?? Not hardly . . . . . . . . . . . . NO sacks, No turnovers, NOT in the same zip code with receivers, 520 yards of offense, 200 yards rushing, and 41 points. The Lions offense is good, but not KC level good. We just made them look like it . . . . . . .
              hey we diggin up old posts now?

At the time i did feel that way. After todays loss not so much. Next week they could be legit again

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It's a very good question, since Telesco failed on so many offensive line picks before Staley was hired--D.J. Fluker, Chris Watt, Forrest Lamp, and Dan Feeney. The Rashawn Slater pick made me believe that it could have been the previous coach staff's inability to develop offensive linemen. I don't know, but it sure is frustrating.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's a very good question, since Telesco failed on so many offensive line picks before Staley was hired--D.J. Fluker, Chris Watt, Forrest Lamp, and Dan Feeney. The Rashawn Slater pick made me believe that it could have been the previous coach staff's inability to develop offensive linemen. I don't know, but it sure is frustrating.
                  Even Slater has looked surprisingly human this year.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Is he fired yet?

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Another woeful defensive performance. How come they can never sort it out?

Comment

• Chargers vs. Chargering
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

If it makes you feel better Romo the Football Whisper said we are one OL away from being really good. As the right side OL and probably Center, so the fact that TT didnt do anything to address this before the trade deadline says a lot.

Defensively, well thats another story. Where do we start? I think all starts at StaleD.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Telesco is a terrible GM. I know John Boy is also in the room'

But two things - in his 11 years
                          inconsistent OLine - when was the last time they had a good running game

below average to terrible defenses - that bend but don't break bull crap. it seems every year in the bottom in 3rd down % - they cannot get off the field

Telesco is clueless in identifying players and Staley cannot coach them and he also has lousy assistants

Comment

Working...
                          X