• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I still can't believe that f**king play!
    Our season tickets back then were in Loge 20 or 21( right behind the goal post in the closed end of the stadium/ 3rd base line)Row D, so had a great view of Stabler running for his life. When he got hit, I thought for sure it was a sack. Then when I saw him chuck the ball, I thought maybe incomplete. Either way- ball game over.
    Then I saw Banaszak and Casper pushing/kicking the ball, thinking " what the hell are they doing? Ball's dead, games over.
    When the ref's signalled Touchdown, NO ONE in our section thought that was remotely possible.
    It's not that I still dwell on it though........:cuss:

F**K the Raiders! Lying, cheating, bastards.
    Our seats were in that same section. Loge end zone west.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I still can't believe that f**king play!
      Our season tickets back then were in Loge 20 or 21( right behind the goal post in the closed end of the stadium/ 3rd base line)Row D, so had a great view of Stabler running for his life. When he got hit, I thought for sure it was a sack. Then when I saw him chuck the ball, I thought maybe incomplete. Either way- ball game over.
      Then I saw Banaszak and Casper pushing/kicking the ball, thinking " what the hell are they doing? Ball's dead, games over.
      When the ref's signalled Touchdown, NO ONE in our section thought that was remotely possible.
      It's not that I still dwell on it though........:cuss:

F**K the Raiders! Lying, cheating, bastards.
      It was such a bad call that they changed the rule book for plays inside the 2 min for each half so this bull shit would never happen again.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

And Markbreit NEVER admitted he got it wrong! Dick....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I hate them all too but the Chefs have been working OT to get assholes on their team, beating kids, women and such. They have some real bad apples.
          they’re not the official NFL team of any State Prison system yet. The Turds bow to nobody in their allure to the criminal class

Fuck The Raiders Always
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It was such a bad call that they changed the rule book for plays inside the 2 min for each half so this bull shit would never happen again.
            I was a young teen, i remember watching that game on our crappy TV … they are criminals, i tell ya!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Not sure if this has been discussed, but do we think Staley is going to add some personal wrinkles to Lombardi’s offense? I’m sure he’s been influenced some by McVey, but what would his offensive imprint look like?

Or do we think he’s just going to focus on implementing his defense in year 1 and just let Lombardi’s do his thang?
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                Not sure if this has been discussed, but do we think Staley is going to add some personal wrinkles to Lombardi’s offense? I’m sure he’s been influenced some by McVey, but what would his offensive imprint look like?

Or do we think he’s just going to focus on implementing his defense in year 1 and just let Lombardi’s do his thang?
                From interviews I think what he likes most of those Saints offenses was the ability to put pressure on defenses through formation diversity and disguise. This closely mirrors his defensive philosophy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

He may not micro manage, but he doesn’t strike me as a coach who will just let his coordinator do his thang without contribution

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Been asking myself the same question. Hunch here: Staley has too much energy, smarts and passion to not talk to Joe about some offensive wrinkles. At the minimum.

Even in the public interviews Staley--in the most classy way--does gently remind folks: I'm in charge now.

The league will learn soon enough: Staley isn't just a defensive genius.

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

To bump back with an honest question:
                      If the Chargers explode offensively...could Lombardi be viewed as HC material by another team?

If that's a possibility Staley knows and wants to stay close to the QB and the scheme.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

1 positive I can think of in the situation where Lombardi leaves to be a HC because of our offensive success, is that we’ll likely have our pick of OC candidates who want to work with Herbert and Staley to get their shot at similar path to a HC position
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          1 positive I can think of in the situation where Lombardi leaves to be a HC because of our offensive success, is that we’ll likely have our pick of OC candidates who want to work with Herbert and Staley to get their shot at similar path to a HC position
                          I know only a bit about Lombardi. Don't have a sense of how respected he is in the league. Joe isn't one of the "young guns." He's 49, bounced around a bit. But if Staley likes him...and this O explodes (quite possible) some GM in the league might like him too.

If the day comes to say goodbye I suspect Staley will feel a rightful pride in it, and will feel happy for Joe. And Staley can then say this: "My coaching tree begins"

This is all silly talk right now, I suppose...

Comment

Working...
                          X