• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

WR are often divas and Keenan, though not as bad as some, is also somewhat of one. Zero reason to post that even if you thought it.
    Analytics say 98% of country was thinking WTF.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

this was a quality win and coming back from 14 down is huge, but we almost threw it all away with that 4th down call. both things happened.

i was thinking the game was over after we got some first downs and made them burn their time outs, and suddenly they were 10 yards away from FG range. I was in shock.
      I hear you and I too was upset at the end but when that kick went wide right I said a win on the road from 14 down and for a change we got the benefit of the other team missing a FG.

I actually wanted him to go for it but I didn't like the play they called. I still think they should have rolled right and had the option for Herbert to run it or throw it.

Nice to have the win though!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I hear you and I too was upset at the end but when that kick went wide right I said a win on the road from 14 down and for a change we got the benefit of the other team missing a FG.

I actually wanted him to go for it but I didn't like the play they called. I still think they should have rolled right and had the option for Herbert to run it or throw it.

Nor I.

The cb presnap was going to take away that quick slant route to Mwub, and with that taken away Herbert still threw it there because they had nothing else planned.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I thought RPO involving Herbert and Ekeler would've been that knockout blow.

That said, GUYS do I need to remind everyone here this is a professional organization that scoffs at situations with 0.000001% chance we lose....and still find ways to lose?

Staley knows the only way to break that curse is to decrease your win probability in close games lol!!! Stay away from 99% win probability. Keep it down to 51%.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2021
            • Send PM

This is what you get when you delete my post about welcoming our new coach Sean Payton. I SO wished he would have made that FG because we are wasting time.

Karma bitchez

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
              This is what you get when you delete my post about welcoming our new coach Sean Payton. I SO wished he would have made that FG because we are wasting time.

Karma bitchez
              Your post wasn't deleted. The topic was merged with this one. You don't put up titles like "Welcome to our new coach", because that is deceptive, and can lead to you being banned.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Your post wasn't deleted. The topic was merged with this one. You don't put up titles like "Welcome to our new coach", because that is deceptive, and can lead to you being banned.
                Ok then say so or change the title but the title seems pretty relevant now as Staley the cat has used up his 9 lives. Mark the 4th down decision as the day Staley lost the team and fanbase. Only way he keeps his job is if he wins the Suoer Bowl.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ok then say so or change the title but the title seems pretty relevant now as Staley the cat has used up his 9 lives. Mark the 4th down decision as the day Staley lost the team and fanbase. Only way he keeps his job is if he wins the Suoer Bowl.
                  We don't need multiple threads about Coach Staley and his job status, and possible replacements. One is enough.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I doubt he lost either after the decision.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                      I did not like the 4th down call. I felt punting was the move there.

Strike against Staley in my book even though we won. Browns make that kick we are melting down right now. The FG attempt to beat you was practically handed to them because you didn't trust your defense.....I don't care if Staley says he believed we would get a stop if we didn't make it.....if your so sure your going to get a stop on a short field then punt and let your defense have an even better chance to get a stop!

IMO Staley is basically flat out lying when he says he believed in his defense getting the stop and it was part of his decision to go for it. Clearly he was scared of Cleveland's offense because he had not been able to figure out how to slow it down most of the day and he probably felt Gillman's INT that bailed them out was an unforced error they could not count on happening again. Clearly Staley was scared to give Jacoby the ball back even though he wouldn't have the running game to help him anymore. There is no way the defense can feel Staley showed confidence in them even though he lied out both sides of his mouth to try to.
                      IF Staley is as bad as you seem to think no worries, we won't make the playoffs and he'll make another one of these calls that cost us a game, and it will be over, or if not The players will get behind this coach and we see if they have the right stuff and we make the playoffs? The time for this is not now after a hard fought win that put us over 500.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I think that win might be the one that gets us in the playoffs. It’s gonna be that close.

And the kick that keeps Cleveland out.

Staley is one lucky dude. And we can use some of that.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I doubt he lost either after the decision.
                          You sure about that?

I got you about having multiple posts so I can see your point. I moderated a board before.

Pat McAfee going off on Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X