• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
    The difference between an Anthony Lynn coached team and a Brandon Staley coached team is very, very, noticable.
    Very noticeable.

Attention to detail, game planning, and coaching to win the game. The leader of men stuff, respect of the locker room are good traits to have - I think I still prefer

-- coaching the team during the week to be prepared for game day
    --having a game plan for that opponent
    --and the ability to actually coach that game and understand what decisions need to be made as the game is played even if that means doing a 180 from what you thought

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Very noticeable.

Attention to detail, game planning, and coaching to win the game. The leader of men stuff, respect of the locker room are good traits to have - I think I still prefer

--and the ability to actually coach that game and understand what decisions need to be made as the game is played even if that means doing a 180 from what you thought
      And don’t forget playing to win, not trying to avoid losing.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Every game Staley has played to win
        against Washington, he kept passing on that final drive - he just wasn't going to run run and maybe pass , incomplete, punt
        against Dallas, going on 4th down at his 34.5 - Herbert with the QB sneak to move the chains that got a FG
        against KC - 4th down calls
        last night - fake punt, the fourth down calls ,etc

Here is another thing - my guess is up 14, both Lynn and McCoy would have kicked the FG - and I get a FG makes it a 17 point lead - but if you miss, the Raiders have a very short field, two time outs, the two minute warning. I was good with the Vizaino punt to pun them back.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Very noticeable.

The Chargers were very prepared for the Raiders. I don't know if I've ever seen a Chargers team that appeared to be so well prepared. It makes me wonder what Lynn, McCoy and Norv's staffs were doing all week.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Chargers were very prepared for the Raiders. I don't know if I've ever seen a Chargers team that appeared to be so well prepared. It makes me wonder what Lynn, McCoy and Norv's staffs were doing all week.
            Norv is a sharp football guy - just not a good head coach. But Norv has forgotten more football than many people will ever learn - absent minded professor guy

McCoy - I think we see it a lot. The hot OC, right place, right time. Arthur Smith is my pick to have middling success, maybe Sirianni. But he coached Peyton Manning. I mean, come on. Its one reason I liked Daboll - he had been at the bottom.

Lynn - the anithesis of Mike McCoy in many ways. Good man - not the best football tactician on game day.

Staley - is sharp and able to put that to the players. Its why I think he is like Eric Spoelstra of the Miami Heat.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Norv is a sharp football guy - just not a good head coach. But Norv has forgotten more football than many people will ever learn - absent minded professor guy

McCoy - I think we see it a lot. The hot OC, right place, right time. Arthur Smith is my pick to have middling success, maybe Sirianni. But he coached Peyton Manning. I mean, come on. Its one reason I liked Daboll - he had been at the bottom.

Lynn - the anithesis of Mike McCoy in many ways. Good man - not the best football tactician on game day.

Staley - is sharp and able to put that to the players. Its why I think he is like Eric Spoelstra of the Miami Heat.
              Well, it appears that TT and the Spanoses got it right when they decided to pursue Staley so vigorously. They also got it right when the drafted Herbert, though that was more of a no-brainer. But the result, in the early stages, appear this could turn out to be the best HC/QB duo since Belichick/Brady.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

That pooch punt was smart too....Didnt let Raiders set return for a possible game-changing play.

Comment

• BigBad
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  But the result, in the early stages, appear this could turn out to be the best HC/QB duo since Belichick/Brady.
                  Might want to pump the brakes there! Remember we all liked Lynn in his first year.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Might want to pump the brakes there! Remember we all liked Lynn in his first year.
                    Lynn was 0-4 in his first four games. Staley is 3-1.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Coaching all around on this team seems better. Special Teams had nothing to go but up, and even though I wince when I see them doing the High Kick Off, they are covering much better. Blocking on punts still needs improvement, and gunners need to get better at taking angles, but overall its better. Vizcaino isn't yet there where we can not hold our breaths collectively on PKs, but was solid at the PATs. So props to Coach Swinton and Coach Staley on that improvement. On the fake punt, that was gutsy, just a half beat quicker, Renfroe may not have busted the catch, but props to Renfroe on his awareness.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Coaching all around on this team seems better. Special Teams had nothing to go but up, and even though I wince when I see them doing the High Kick Off, they are covering much better. Blocking on punts still needs improvement, and gunners need to get better at taking angles, but overall its better. Vizcaino isn't yet there where we can not hold our breaths collectively on PKs, but was solid at the PATs. So props to Coach Swinton and Coach Staley on that improvement. On the fake punt, that was gutsy, just a half beat quicker, Renfroe may not have busted the catch, but props to Renfroe on his awareness.
                        Have to give Renfroe credit - he saw the play, left his spot as punt returner and covered Campbell. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. Gutsy call though, pretty well executed. Just a good play by Renfroe to disrupt the catch.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As Staley mentioned we are here to compete. That’s why he goes for the win almost every time, not to tie.

Comment

Working...
                          X