• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

WAY TO GO BRANDON!! Converting talent to mediocrity - at a world class clip . . . . . . . . . . . . No Charger coach has done less with more - ever
    BS is historic!

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I wouldn't say he flamed out. What happened with him in San Francisco is not much different than Marty's firing with us. Harbaugh didn't get along with the general manager, and the owner stupidly took the general manager's side.

I understand that Spanos doesn't want to pay an elite head coach. That doesn't mean I have to like the idea of Kellen Moore as the next head coach.
      The guy turned around USD, won at Stanford, won at SF and is winning at UMich. What else do people need? Of course a guy like that may have some rough edges. Did anyone think Belichick was warm and cuddly during the NE run?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Do we really know exactly where the Charger problems are ?

Is it tactical (coaching)
        or
        is it technique (players)
        ???

If it is chiefly technique, there is still a chance that things improve enough to better our W-L's.
        I think you answered this is another thread when you said Ben Johnson schooled Staley. Guys on Detroit were running free. It was like Lions on the planes of the Serengeti

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think you answered this is another thread when you said Ben Johnson schooled Staley. Guys on Detroit were running free. It was like Lions on the planes of the Serengeti
          LOL.
          Out of Africa.
          Here I am being more general.
          Staley may have a point.
          We usually play pretty good defense.
          Except for catastrophic fails, often in crunchtime.
          That is something that is capable of fixing, to the point of playing winning football.
          This is where the idea of Moore, Herbert, Guyton and QJ get better connected.

There is still a pulse.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The guy turned around USD, won at Stanford, won at SF and is winning at UMich. What else do people need? Of course a guy like that may have some rough edges. Did anyone think Belichick was warm and cuddly during the NE run?
            If Staley is fired (and Telesco)
            Harbaugh should be on the list and it should be a pretty short list until you get a yeah or nah from him

Its all well and good to think somebody COULD be a head coach
            another thing to have somebody who has PROVEN to be a good head coach

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't like Harbaugh, but I just want a winning head coach here. Harbaugh has won everywhere he has been. He is doing something right. I would get over my distaste of him if he were hired. I did not like Marty prior to his stint and he really grew on me. Guys like Harbaugh are a good fit for this team because if Telesco has to go, they have the chops to keep this thing rolling.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Do we really know exactly where the Charger problems are ?

Is it tactical (coaching)
                or
                is it technique (players)
                ???

If it is chiefly technique, there is still a chance that things improve enough to better our W-L's.
                but isnt technique ALSO taught by coaches?

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Screenshot 2023-11-15 9.16.28 AM.png

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

usa_today_18828332.0.jpg

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Wouldn't be hiring this guy be like a repeat hire of Brandon Staley?? Correct me if I'm wrong this guy has had one successful year calling plays for Detroit so let's hire him and hope he could handle everything it entails to be a head coach in the NFL? I really hate these kind of hires! This guy has just established himself as a solid OC for the lions instead of bailing on that maybe stay there for 3 years and try and actually win something first!

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Wouldn't be hiring this guy be like a repeat hire of Brandon Staley?? Correct me if I'm wrong this guy has had one successful year calling plays for Detroit so let's hire him and hope he could handle everything it entails to be a head coach in the NFL? I really hate these kind of hires! This guy has just established himself as a solid OC for the lions instead of bailing on that maybe stay there for 3 years and try and actually win something first!
                        Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Preaching to the effing choir! I think these owners or teams are always trying to get the next big thing so they are quick to hire before another team does. Thats what the Chargers did with Staley - oh no, he is going to interview with the Texans and Eagles - we have to get him!
                          And what they are missing is experience in the job.
                          And sure there are success stories like DeMeco Ryans (though its been 9 games) or Mike McDaniel or other s

But there are also failures around the league: Hackett, Ben McAdoo, Pat Shurmur to name a few. It works both ways. Arthur Smith has people scratching their heads in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                          X