• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It's not easy to underestimate 'Turds OL talent.
    Mac had The Hoodie & Scarneccia in NE. Lombardi (no rel) and Cable will be different.
    It'll be a serious challenge for them vs the LAC D.
    The fact is that LAC was the superior offense, Raturds had better D last year.
    This year neither have played a real game.
    We could lose if the 'Duhs are the better coaching staff.
    There is simply no question that Chargers are the more talented team on O and D overall, which should be an advantage
    -- But -- you gotta put it in the field.
    Go Bolts!
    Yes, but we do have one more coaching talent on the field wearing #10 when on offense.

:2cents:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

There is simply no question that Chargers are the more talented team on O and D overall, which should be an advantage

Go Bolts!
      Some would argue Raiders have superior TE, RB, and WR’s. Some would argue their pass rush is at least equivalent. It was far superior last year and Pipkins hasn’t proved squat yet. Carr has light years more experience and isn’t as shabby as some would like to think.

I believe the talent is well matched so I think it comes down to poise. Whoever turns it over will lose.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Some would argue Raiders have superior TE, RB, and WR’s. Some would argue their pass rush is at least equivalent. It was far superior last year and Pipkins hasn’t proved squat yet. Carr has light years more experience and isn’t as shabby as some would like to think.

I believe the talent is well matched so I think it comes down to poise. Whoever turns it over will lose.
        I wouldnt argue they have better WRs. I think ours are better. I don't think Jacobs is better than Ekeler.
        And i will say our OL us far superior. Our pass rush is at least equal if not better going against a bad OL.

On paper, we should whip their ass. If no injuries on our side we should whip their ass.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Not very close. 'Duhs have a fairly decent LT. Varying degrees of suspect LG ('21 backup), C project that's allegedly improving, RG from prac squad, RT was swing T.
          Carr has lost a lot more games. ?? So? He's better than avg. Herbert has been elite and improving
          We'll see about = pass rush. Let's see how that goes.
          They have a top rated GB WR. KA & MW will be in top 3 in the field.
          Their TE has been very good.
          Not giving them RB. Show me.
          I'll take the Chargers secondary.
          It's LAC's to lose.
          We gotta stop the damn FGs! 5 to beat us 1-9-22.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

TE maybe. Top to bottom, our receivers match up with any team in the league. Ekeler is better than any RB on the Raiders and Michel gives us proven depth. But what about the many other position groups where we are better than the Raiders?

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

4 days until Carr goes full turtle.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Coach was an idiot for leaving Herbert in the game. Kid wasn't just nicked up, he was injured. Took 2 OL out of the game with minor issues, but not Herbert. Imagine the pain if he would have been sacked again? I'm not buying the Staley Kool-Aid anymore. This was his worst coaching decision ever.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                  Coach was an idiot for leaving Herbert in the game. Kid wasn't just nicked up, he was injured. Took 2 OL out of the game with minor issues, but not Herbert. Imagine the pain if he would have been sacked again? I'm not buying the Staley Kool-Aid anymore. This was his worst coaching decision ever.
                  As awesome and inspiring as it was to see Herbert play hurt, I agree it was not wise.
                  not out on Staley, but that was a strike.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

So just thinking:

Last year we had shitty def so Staley was mega aggressive as he knew we could stop shit and he gambled on all those 4th downs.

Now we have defence to coach (and oir liking) so he become uktra conservatove as he believes the defence can stop opposit teams at every single time.

Not sure if I like that change.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                      So just thinking:

Last year we had shitty def so Staley was mega aggressive as he knew we could stop shit and he gambled on all those 4th downs.

Now we have defence to coach (and oir liking) so he become uktra conservatove as he believes the defence can stop opposit teams at every single time.

I thought he’d maintain the aggressiveness feeling that if they didn’t get the 1st his defense could come in and hold. Now I guess he’s a field position guy

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

What's clear is that he is learning on the job. All of our coaches have limited experience (HC, OC, DC). It is one of our biggest shortcomings. As a reference point, I wouldn't want the Bill Belecheat from his Cleveland days.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                          So just thinking:

Idk if that's the exact dynamic but sad if true.
                          especially after that touching article about how veteran players went up to him to say, "don't ever change"

Hey, it's 2 games, we'll see.
                          I expect a response from Staley.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X