Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It speaks volumes about daboll, anyone can do well with a justin herbert, but a great coach can come into a bad situation and make chicken salad outta chicken …joe judge was complete trash, it goes to show the type of crap that bill bellicheat has put out in his coaching tree…outside of romeo crennel and brian flores what former patriot assistant has blossomed anywhere?

daboll is proving to be a master motivator and his players have already bought in completely, I wanted robert saleh and boy was I wrong about daboll, I saw an episode of training camp coverage this past summer on nfl network that featured daboll and I was so impressed with the way he was working with daniel jones, he was making things simpler for him to grasp and teaching him why he had to do a certain thing a certain way and he was doing it in a respectful manner and jones looked like he was 100% dialed in, I was also very impressed after listening to him speak at those interviews too, he’s way humble down to earth really easy to like, I think his players already love the guy…
    This is what is wrong with the Staley hire. JH is our best asset on his rookie contract. A head coach with an extensive offensive background like Daboll would have really helped JH. Instead Staley comes in and changes the entire offense and defense. And the defense has not improved enough to support the Staley hire.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

The defense is most disappointing to me. The front office got Staley the defensive players he wanted but they still aren't playing well. I thought JC Jackson had a bad game against the browns. Our pass rush was non-existent. We still can't stop the run. It's a pretty sad defense. I find it hard to feel good about our HC when the defense stinks.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        The defense is most disappointing to me. The front office got Staley the defensive players he wanted but they still aren't playing well. I thought JC Jackson had a bad game against the browns. Our pass rush was non-existent. We still can't stop the run. It's a pretty sad defense. I find it hard to feel good about our HC when the defense stinks.
        I still think by week 12-14 the D will be in full swing. Just in time for a playoff run.

Give them time to gel, that is a lot of extra parts we brought in and they need to grow together in the defense.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Agree. Last year the excuse was he didn’t have the players he needed. I didn’t buy that. A great coach finds a way. This year he got everything he wanted like a kid at Christmas and the results aren’t there. I’m afraid we got the wrong guy.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I still think by week 12-14 the D will be in full swing. Just in time for a playoff run.

Give them time to gel, that is a lot of extra parts we brought in and they need to grow together in the defense.
            Time to gel. That used to be the punchline about the OL. They just need time to gel.

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Time to gel. That used to be the punchline about the OL. They just need time to gel.
              Sure seems like that is transpiring now. (The OL)

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Sure seems like that is transpiring now. (The OL)
                And they have had no time to gel. They just played pretty well from the jump. And they had 2 and now 3 new guys starting

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

But isnt that more credit to Daboll? other than Barkley he has shit to work with.
                  It’s impressive. But he currently has the same record as Staley did his rookie year.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It speaks volumes about daboll, anyone can do well with a justin herbert, but a great coach can come into a bad situation and make chicken salad outta chicken …joe judge was complete trash, it goes to show the type of crap that bill bellicheat has put out in his coaching tree…outside of romeo crennel and brian flores what former patriot assistant has blossomed anywhere?

daboll is proving to be a master motivator and his players have already bought in completely, I wanted robert saleh and boy was I wrong about daboll, I saw an episode of training camp coverage this past summer on nfl network that featured daboll and I was so impressed with the way he was working with daniel jones, he was making things simpler for him to grasp and teaching him why he had to do a certain thing a certain way and he was doing it in a respectful manner and jones looked like he was 100% dialed in, I was also very impressed after listening to him speak at those interviews too, he’s way humble down to earth really easy to like, I think his players already love the guy…
                    Daniel Jones currently has 3TDs and 2 Ints for the entire season. Not for a game but 5 so far. It feels like there should be more there.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I thought the defense looked legit until the injuries hit in the Jags game.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Staley subdued at today's presser.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Staley subdued at today's presser.
                          Agree, seems like he's tired. He needs a good night's sleep and he'll be talking their ears off tomorrow.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X