• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

Its like stocks. you gotta have a stop loss. Why watch it all the way down? he has a ceiling called reckless.
    We were 7-9 last year. 9-8 this year. That's not going down. Rex Ryan never could win in this league and now he gets paid to flap his gums and be as controversial as he can be to stir the pot for the sake of drumming up viewership. There were people on here screaming for Urban Meyer, so yeh it could've been MUCH worse.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

But it did contribute to the loss. It gave the Raiders 3 cheap points. If the Raiders had been without those points at the end of regulation, the Chargers would have won. I don't think Staley is going to be a head coach for very long if he continues to make decisions like this one, and the decision not to kick a field goal on 4th down at the end of the first half in the Chiefs game.
      He’s not going to be a HC very long if he doesn’t fix the defense. That’s the main reason we lost. I don’t think it’ll be because of being aggressive on 4th down. Otherwise, we should just be happy with four wins this year then because I don’t see us beating the Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, and Eagles without Staley making those decisions.

Comment

• SRJOE
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Send PM

Rex Ryan is unironically a weird cuckold who should be ostricised completely. That guys comment is why you can't take any sports media seriously.

Staley knows defense and he knows that it's our biggest weakness. The only time I can fault him in the past few games wasn't even this game - it was against the Chiefs where we put it into their hands at the end of the game. He trusts Herbert on our 20 rather than hand it back.

As for the end of the game there's no way that the Raiders weren't going to go for the win. Nothing changed that. You know who they'd face with a tie? lol.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SRJOE View Post
          Rex Ryan is unironically a weird cuckold who should be ostricised completely. That guys comment is why you can't take any sports media seriously.

Staley knows defense and he knows that it's our biggest weakness. The only time I can fault him in the past few games wasn't even this game - it was against the Chiefs where we put it into their hands at the end of the game. He trusts Herbert on our 20 rather than hand it back.

As for the end of the game there's no way that the Raiders weren't going to go for the win. Nothing changed that. You know who they'd face with a tie? lol.
          I fault Staley for the Texans game more than the Chiefs or even this game. What happened in that game was really the first time I was really upset with him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            remember when Staley said he wanted the Chargers to be a LOS team? Lol. Got worked on both sides last night
            I remember how he was going to tailor the defense around the strengths of each individual player.
            Other than Adderley not having to play the single high role, i didn't see much to that effect.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I remember how he was going to tailor the defense around the strengths of each individual player.
              Other than Adderley not having to play the single high role, i didn't see much to that effect.
              no amount of game planning will make CHJ tackle someone

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That’s the weird part. Certain guys did better individually like Adderley, White, Jones etc. but our defense as a whole still did bad this season. Now part of that could just be injuries. We definitely did better at the beginning of the year until the Cleveland game. The Patriots game was also pretty good defensively. But last night made it feel like this season’s defense was kept together by duct tape.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  remember when Staley said he wanted the Chargers to be a LOS team? Lol. Got worked on both sides last night
                  It was Staley's first year here, and D scheme changed from last year. He's now learned what these players can do (and can't do), and will make some changes this offseason to bring in players to fit his scheme. I will be surprised if the D isn't improved next year. You have to admit that several players performed better this yr than last yr, but there are more changes that are needed. He's not a miracle worker.

I'm just as disappointed in the team losing yesterday as anyone else. Before the season began, I was thinking this team could challenge for a post-season spot, and they did. This team wasn't going to win 3 road games in a row, likely with a few of them in cold weather, to get to the Super Bowl. It's a process and this team has many of the necessary pieces to be great for years to come.

I'm encouraged about the prospects of this team moving forward. If you or anyone else doesn't feel it, I don't know what to say. We have Herbo, and everybody else doesn't. Start with that.

Like others have said, I feel Staley will learn and grow from this season. He's very intelligent, knows what he wants to do and how to do it (that's my gut anyway) with a plan to get it done, is highly driven, implicitly trusts his best player, and his players will run through walls for him and for Herbo. Let's hope players will take less salary to play for Staley/with Herbo.

Bolt Up!

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

NT, DE, slot corner and boundary corner this offseason. At least.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

We were 7-9 last year. 9-8 this year. That's not going down. Rex Ryan never could win in this league and now he gets paid to flap his gums and be as controversial as he can be to stir the pot for the sake of drumming up viewership. There were people on here screaming for Urban Meyer, so yeh it could've been MUCH worse.
                      Unfortunately it’s essentially 9-7 like McCoy’s and Lynn’s first season. Obviously different circumstances. But was hoping that we do more after the fast start and wins against the Chiefs and Raiders.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Unfortunately it’s essentially 9-7 like McCoy’s and Lynn’s first season. Obviously different circumstances. But was hoping that we do more after the fast start and wins against the Chiefs and Raiders.
                        I thought we would win 9 or 10 games this year and be a fringe playoff team. Since that is exactly where we ended up I can’t be too upset. We won 2 more games than last year and I expect at least 2 more next year. What sucks is we started so fast and then cooled off. We definitely have holes to fill but I am not nearly as pessimistic as a lot here seem to be.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

He's pretty good at shoving people when he shouldn't!

:facepalm1:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X