• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Staley is a dead man walking. Its only going to get worse. Think what the Ravens will do to them next week. This was Jordan Love.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Staley should have been fired the day after the Jacksonville loss. They could've hired Shane Steichen.

I wonder if at some point Herbert asks to be traded to a team that is serious about winning.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        LOL - he has no answers and now is melting down.

"We're not getting the execution on the field" = throwing your players under the bus!

"There's a lot of good defense being played out there" = No there's not our D & D play calling is our weaklink, you just got beat by a team with 3 wins with the season on the line and their QB had his best career game!

"I'm not here to talk to the fan base! As a matter fact you are that's part of what goes into being a head coach of a pro organization. It's funny before things went south, you addressed everyone by name and practice was about the fans! Now that things have gotten tough your true colors show!

"We have to bring the team together and do it consistently" = I don't even know what that means, sounds like a glitch in the matrix.

Solution= Jim Harbaugh!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

"We're not getting the execution on the field" = throwing your players under the bus!

"There's a lot of good defense being played out there" = No there's not our D & D play calling is our weaklink, you just got beat by a team with 3 wins with the season on the line and their QB had his best career game!

"I'm not here to talk to the fan base! As a matter fact you are that's part of what goes into being a head coach of a pro organization. It's funny before things went south, you addressed everyone by name and practice was about the fans! Now that things have gotten tough your true colors show!

"We have to bring the team together and do it consistently" = I don't even know what that means, sounds like a glitch in the matrix.

Solution= Jim Harbaugh!
          I don't think so. Is he Lying? He is right. Call a spade a spade and send a message.

He said they aren't executing in the secondary and he is right. Davis is madly inconsistent......id let him walk. ASJ is inconsistent. Up in the air if i give him a second contract but he has another year. Derwin isn't being consisten and he needs to step up.

Is it the scheme?I think the scheme sux and we need to move to a 4-3....or they need to identify who is smart enough to play in this scheme.

Not everyone is a fit for every scheme though the players will tell you it's just football.

Something obviously isn't clicking. Is it the talent or the complication of the scheme?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Staley is as arrogant as any coach can be by doing 2 things.

1- Not simplifying the defense to let players play faster
            2- Not giving up the play calling duties

He knows he’s going down, he’s going down his way.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think so. Is he Lying? He is right. Call a spade a spade and send a message.

He said they aren't executing in the secondary and he is right. Davis is madly inconsistent......id let him walk. ASJ is inconsistent. Up in the air if i give him a second contract but he has another year. Derwin isn't being consisten and he needs to step up.

Is it the scheme?I think the scheme sux and we need to move to a 4-3....or they need to identify who is smart enough to play in this scheme.

Not everyone is a fit for every scheme though the players will tell you it's just football.

Something obviously isn't clicking. Is it the talent or the complication of the scheme?
              IMHO, it's one of two things:

1) He doesn't have the talent in the secondary to run his scheme, or

2) The scheme is too complicated.

Either way, he needs to make some major changes in the secondary. He needs to stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It's not working. He's had 2 1/2 years with this defense and there has been no major improvement. His scheme working with the Rams because he had some studs on the D-line. He needs to stop with it's my way of thinking and adjust to his players strengths.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

He’s gone…….thankfully.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                  Chargers Hall of Fame
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

This.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

IMHO, it's one of two things:

1) He doesn't have the talent in the secondary to run his scheme, or

2) The scheme is too complicated.

Either way, he needs to make some major changes in the secondary. He needs to stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It's not working. He's had 2 1/2 years with this defense and there has been no major improvement. His scheme working with the Rams because he had some studs on the D-line. He needs to stop with it's my way of thinking and adjust to his players strengths.
                    I don’t like any of our corners, particularly Davis but his scheme blows and he clearly can’t teach it.

Comment

• BigBad
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

image.png​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I think the scheme is bad
                        I think the talent isn't good
                        and I think the coaching is terrible

3 strikes and Telesco Staley should be out

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

It's all relative....These are the players BS wanted, remember at the beginning of the season when Brandon said this is the best team he's had since being here and they've gotten progressively worse! I bet if Harbaugh gets hired this off season he'll make changes that would blow some fan's minds! This team needs an enema!

Comment

Working...
                          X