• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

I really don’t like what I’m hearing from Staley after this loss. No video of his media session just a transcript. I don’t like how he talks it gives me the feeling he has a need to be liked by his players. He still couldn’t say if it happens again I will put Justin on the bench even if we wants back in the game, it’s like he’s saying I will do a better job of getting Justin’s permission to sit him. He is really giving me the too player friendly type of vibes like he is collaborating with his star players more than he is the head coach with total control.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We want Dan Quinn.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

cant believe a team that has lost something like 18 straight away games, 0-fer on the road against the dolts, QB 0-fer on the road...they came in and beat the SHIT outa the dolts!
        1. This can only show that good coaching matters...

2.Besides, our coaches had more time to prepare than theirs, but still got outclassed badly... :facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Notice one thing from the after game interview:

Stanley seems to say "Trust me" a lot in this interview. (I haven't heard that at all in his previous interviews!)

I somehow had a feeling that he was not really confident in his own words...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            We want Dan Quinn.
            You want to replace a Staley with a coach who had 2 winning seasons in 6 years? What does that give you?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              I really don’t like what I’m hearing from Staley after this loss. No video of his media session just a transcript. I don’t like how he talks it gives me the feeling he has a need to be liked by his players. He still couldn’t say if it happens again I will put Justin on the bench even if we wants back in the game, it’s like he’s saying I will do a better job of getting Justin’s permission to sit him. He is really giving me the too player friendly type of vibes like he is collaborating with his star players more than he is the head coach with total control.
              Yup. I've seen this from even last year. The dude says the right things, is smart as a whip, and fires me up with some of his speeches (and I love his aggressiveness on 4th downs). But he's always been uber-and-over-the-top "player friendly", especially the vets. And it's a little unsettling, as the Head Coach. And it's the cause of some of our ongoing issues. He let's vets sit out practices when they say it (at the expense, IMO, of some needed conditioning).

Was SHOCKED to hear in today's Guilty as Charged Podcast, that there has been internal team chirping about Staley. That the players are more in charge and that it's not always the best ones leading, among other things.

Let's just say, wins cover a multitude of sins. Right now, all I'm seeing are sins.

Comment

• Bolts0503
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2022
                • Send PM

My hunch is given this easy schedule, if we are not at least 4-3 at the bye, Staley will get a permanent bye. Telesco probably is not fired until end of season. And I don't see Spanos hiring a coach that will demand a salary, like Payton. This family prefers cheap labor.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You want to replace a Staley with a coach who had 2 winning seasons in 6 years? What does that give you?
                  An experienced loser

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post
                    My hunch is given this easy schedule, if we are not at least 4-3 at the bye, Staley will get a permanent bye. Telesco probably is not fired until end of season. And I don't see Spanos hiring a coach that will demand a salary, like Payton. This family prefers cheap labor.
                    Get on the phone and check the availability of Ted Lasso. He is in Spanos money range as well.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      We want Dan Quinn.
                      I want Fangio or Quinn for my DC. Quinn can be on the short list when Peyton retires.
                      If Peyton would come here over Dallas but Spanos won't pay him, then fuck Spanos, I will never come to a game and 100% of fans should boycott so at the very least Spanos is the laughing stock of the NFL. He would deserve it.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Even if Spanos were willing to spend the money on Sean Payton, I fear he would have a Jimmy Johnson with Miami Dolphins type of run with us.

It's early, but seeing what Brian Daboll is doing with a weak roster in the Giants makes me wish we hired him. If Staley is gone at the end of this season, Spanos will probably hire Joe Judge and tout him as the next Bill Belichick, citing how Belichick failed in Cleveland before getting his second chance.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

An experienced loser
                          I mentioned this in another thread, but Quinn is probably the best kind of candidate we can expect. Yes I know he doesn't have a great record, but he is experienced, and HAS had success and has even been to a Super Bowl (LOL yes I know, 28-3). In the Chargers world, that's kind of the best we can hope for and that his 2nd go as a HC is more successful.

Yes, Payton is exciting to talk/think about but he has CLEARLY stated he wants to be in an organization with a stable front office. We just don't make these kind of coaching splashes. Did Payton also have complete control over personnel decisions with the Saints? If that's also a stipulation for him, then of course he'd never be hired here.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X