• Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

BTW, our D is giving up 28 pts per game. Tied for 3rd worst in the entire NFL.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

some of you peoples had made reference to Staley's post game transcript, so had a read of it myself, and.... two things:

he mentioned "physicality" on the Oline.... to me that spells Salyer.

it's also very apparent just how much Corey Linsley means to this Oline.... we need to be looking OC in this next draft.

On the performance of C Will Clapp and T Storm Norton yesterday:

"I thought that, as a group, we didn't play well enough up front. I think that was clear. I don't look at the individual operation up front, I just don't think that we performed well enough as a group. That's really all over our football team, but on offense, we just need to play together at a lot higher level, play with more physicality, get into a rhythm. I didn't think that we did that yesterday. I thought, at the line of scrimmage, that that team definitely had the upper hand. We have to do a lot better at the point of attack."
      will also add that Salyer is not known for his run blocking, so much as his pass blocking and lack of pressures/sacks allowed....

https://www.chargers.com/news/top-quotes-coach-staley-s-day-after-media-availability
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Considering that Slater is gone for the year, I think they need to move Pipkins to LT, that's his best position and this shuffle of the OL is not for just a week or two. I'm not sure moving Feiler to RT is a good idea even though he's played there before. He's having trouble at G and playing RT is even more difficult. We may be stuck with another year of Norton at RT.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
          BTW, our D is giving up 28 pts per game. Tied for 3rd worst in the entire NFL.
          Really who calls the plays on D?

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            we may be stuck with another year of Norton at RT.
            I don't think that's acceptable.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I don't think that's acceptable.
              Who would you rather have at RT Storm or Daryl Williams because we signed a LB today?

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Started watching the "All In" episodes and Staley certainly talks the talk.

I want him to do well, I really do. I looked past him not giving Norton any help whatsoever against Crosby in the season finale last year. I looked past the odd timeout in overtime, even defended him for it. I'm trying to overlook his not one, but two really dangerous decisions to put an injured Herbert back in during garbage time. I'm trying. And now he is faced with his first real crisis - injuries, poor play, etc all piling up. Let's see how he responds...I hate to say he's at a make-or-break point this early in his career but here we are.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Who would you rather have at RT Storm or Daryl Williams because we signed a LB today?
                  I would absolutely take a look at Williams.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

We have Foster Sarell on the practice squad but that guy didn't fare well against the scrubs in the pre-season.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Started watching the "All In" episodes and Staley certainly talks the talk.

I want him to do well, I really do. I looked past him not giving Norton any help whatsoever against Crosby in the season finale last year. I looked past the odd timeout in overtime, even defended him for it. I'm trying to overlook his not one, but two really dangerous decisions to put an injured Herbert back in during garbage time. I'm trying. And now he is faced with his first real crisis - injuries, poor play, etc all piling up. Let's see how he responds...I hate to say he's at a make-or-break point this early in his career but here we are.
                      Can Staley survive 6 - 11?
                      Probably.....but there really would be no reason to keep him around next year.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Coach Staley said just watch when Mack is playing you'll see! So what's the deal in these last 2 games? I've been watching and I'll be watching this week? Do you have an explanation? Too bad we don't play the Raiders every week.

On a side note has anyone noticed the Chargers.com have not included any videos of Coach Staley other than after the loss! I think he may be getting major heat right now how he handled JK Jackson and Herbert in these games, as well as how he is calling the plays on D. Is there going to be a video today of him taking questions?
                        Last edited by electricgold; 09-28-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Can Staley survive 6 - 11?
                          Probably.....but there really would be no reason to keep him around next year.
                          No Staley would not survive a 6-11 record with this roster, I'm pretty sure he would fire himself based on how he carries himself!

Comment

Working...
                          X