Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    We won all four of those games if i recall correctly and we wont the division.
    We did win all 4 games including that insane game at Cincy. I guess be mad he got caught sure but if steroids could give us more players like Merriman in his prime I would hope more Chargers were taking steroids. I feel its a personal decision based on risk versus reward and don't buy those who play it up as morality.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We won all four of those games if i recall correctly and we wont the division.
      I recall being pissed he got suspended and then after the Bolts went 4-0 thinking how it was a blessing in disguise, giving him some rest in the middle of the season. Then NE-SD. Then Norv. Almost a decade later, still, FUCK.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

You feel that way all because he took roids?
        Isn't that the context? He took 'roids. He was never the FOOTBALL PLAYER he appeared to be, because he was artificially enhanced. He brought his world down upon himself. I never called him a 'piece of sit(sic)'. I said 'I GIVE A SHIT' that this kind of stuff is running rampant all over the NFL.

There is more to life than Football.
        Now you're quoting me. In other words, you are preaching to the choir here, Dude.

You don't know these guys personally and to judge them because they took a performance enhancing drug is no reason to call them pieces of sit like you pretty much are.
        Neither do you.

Have you ever done any kind of drive to help the homeless or anything for anyone else less fortunate? And if not, that's cool as long as you never took a steroid in your lifetime. If you have, well.......atta boys are all gone no matter what you have done for anyone. Build a shelter for old people or battered women or a school for the deaf? Too bad, you suck! :biggrin:
        Do animals (cats and dogs) count? And no, I never took an ANABOLIC (i.e. performance-enhancing) steroid; I have had to take prescription CATABOLIC steroids (pred/dex) to combat inflammation from time to time.

The guys taking roids are getting caught and serving suspensions without pay and it seems less of them [are] doing it. In any case it doesn't make them serial rapists like Sharper. Those are the real POS.
        I never said Merriman was a serial rapist. I simply said, FROM A FOOTBALL PERSPECTIVE, that he was not what he appeared to be, and he was a master at self-promotion. And I stick by what I said.

Sharper, Vick, Peterson, Rice...yes...those are the real POSs of the football world. Which goes without saying.
        Last edited by QSmokey; 03-25-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          We did win all 4 games including that insane game at Cincy. I guess be mad he got caught sure but if steroids could give us more players like Merriman in his prime I would hope more Chargers were taking steroids. I feel its a personal decision based on risk versus reward and don't buy those who play it up as morality.
          And I would hope we never win another game - ever - if this is what it takes to win games. The "All Drug NFL". Nice. Might as well make robots, a la "Battling Maxo". You would have made a good Roman citizen...back in the gladiatorial days.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            And I would hope we never win another game - ever - if this is what it takes to win games. The "All Drug NFL". Nice. Might as well make robots, a la "Battling Maxo". You would have made a good Roman citizen...back in the gladiatorial days.
            Yet knowing steroid use is prevalent, its still the number 1 sport in the US and those on this board (for the most part) are pretty passionate about it. Merriman, Cooper and Rodney Harrison aren't using PED's to play something nobody watches or cares about. You share the blame Q!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Pro athletes all take artificial substances to get an edge. I see the determination of what is and is not allowed as arbitrary. It already is the all drug NFL and it has been since you started watching it.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                What kind of sick fuck would rape cereal?
                The little holes in Cheerios are just the right size for his little pee pee.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Yet knowing steroid use is prevalent, its still the number 1 sport in the US and those on this board (for the most part) are pretty passionate about it. Merriman, Cooper and Rodney Harrison aren't using PED's to play something nobody watches or cares about. You share the blame Q!
                  Absolutely. Which is why I am so 'zero-tolerant' about such things. Hell, Lance Armstrong was stripped of ALL of his TDF trophies because he was a fake. The first time a team is stripped of a championship because of such shenanigans then you might see things change. It will never happen, however, And if most NFL have the same attitude as BlazingBolt and Boltjolt - which I suspect they do - then nothing is ever going to change. Anything for a championship!

So it's up to me to just disassociate myself with the sport - the ONE SPORT - that I still follow. And I'm working on that. Until then, yes, I'm just as big a hypocrite as the rest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Absolutely. Which is why I am so 'zero-tolerant' about such things. Hell, Lance Armstrong was stripped of ALL of his TDF trophies because he was a fake. The first time a team is stripped of a championship because of such shenanigans then you might see things change. It will never happen, however, And if most NFL have the same attitude as BlazingBolt and Boltjolt - which I suspect they do - then nothing is ever going to change. Anything for a championship!

So it's up to me to just disassociate myself with the sport - the ONE SPORT - that I still follow. And I'm working on that. Until then, yes, I'm just as big a hypocrite as the rest.
                    Well wait now.....i never said i approve of them taking roids. If they do they will get caught and serve a suspension and may even get cut by their team but that will depend on who they are. If the league gives them a reason to not get big cap hit if they release them because of roids then maybe bigger name guys get axed too.

Merriman .....if roids is what helped him be injured often then he only hurt himself but i think the injured knee(courtesy of the dirtbag Jeff Fisher) and the reorcuring achilles that kept flaring up, is what did him in. I do not think he was the player he was strictly from roids. Roids wear off after a period of time. They dont last all year when not taking them and doubt he was using after being popped during preseason which is when they told him he tested possitive, but you can believe what you want to.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I give a shit. Not enough people give a shit, IMO.

And this isn't just about Merriman. It's about the entire League, and what it's becoming.

But as long as these guys "gave us some good years" and "show San Diego love" (whatever that means), it's all cool. Such bullshit.
                      Most players and fans don't care, however. I'm not saying it's right.

Ray Lewis?
                      -Definitely was an "accesory to murder" or something like that. (They never did find his white suit).
                      -Used "Deer Antler" Spray to "miraculously" recover from season ending injury.

How is he remembered? 2 time Super Bowl winner, and future Hall of Famer. He even got a job at ESPN!

I actually admire Smokey's stance on this, he's at least consistent.

However, for the guys in the game... most people don't care. Win and play well, you will be rewarded. The ends justify the means.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Did I say "Fuck Jeff Fisher" yet? Yeah, Fuck him.
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Peremptor
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                          I still like him.

Yeah, he cheated an use steroids. How many guys did? ALOT.

I think if honest, accurate, and complete information about PED use came out... most fans would be incredibly surprised. It's rampant. They are just very good at hiding/masking/not getting caught.
                          Spot on. So easy to judge if you don't know what's going on but hey its your right too. It's pretty obvious what derailed Merriman, injuries. It's a dangerous sport.

Comment

Working...
                          X