• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

And you've also stated that Merrill doesn't show much lateral movement skills for a d-lineman. So why did the Chargers sign this guy? Not saying he's great. Just wondering.
    They must think his low center of gravity and massive strength may be worth a tryout. He did just anchor & brush off OL who were drafted.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Vets hate TC. If we sign an experienced vet, which I don’t see unless injury replacement, it will be towards the end of TC.
      I see EDGE or CB as the landing spots.
      A vet DB seems most likely. We're light at S , CB depth. OL has decent guys who play multiple spots.Edge upgrades are expensive, I like Nwosu, Fackrell, Rumph. Staley hasn't had a chance to work prospects yet like Egbule, Lemonier, Amen O., etc.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        The comparison to Dielman is wishful thinking IMO
        Comparisons are always made. It is the expectation of results that is extremely wishful.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Vets hate TC. If we sign an experienced vet, which I don’t see unless injury replacement, it will be towards the end of TC.
          I see EDGE or CB as the landing spots.
          especially veterans on a minimum level contract!

and I agree - get through training camp - see where the lack of depth might be. and if i were a betting person - it would be like you said Edge or CB seem to be higher needs than IOL.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

especially veterans on a minimum level contract!

and I agree - get through training camp - see where the lack of depth might be. and if i were a betting person - it would be like you said Edge or CB seem to be higher needs than IOL.
            I like our depth @IOL going into camp.
            Having Qberry, Pipkins, and Jaimes is a solid beginning. I’m looking to see how St. Louis has developed.
            I see 8/9 on the 53 with a couple more on the PS.

CB/DB concerns me some. Facyson/other UDFAs are boarder line roster worthy unless their development is greatly ascending.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

THE BIG BOYS CLUB: X’s and O’s with LA Charger — Rashawn Slater

Former 8-year NFL offensive lineman, Geoff Schwartz and offensive line guru, Duke Manyweather, come together to bring you the ‘The Big Boys Club’ – a series dedicated to offensive lineman centered around five of the top O-lineman in 2021 NFL Draft. Geoff and Duke sat with the #13 overall pick to the LA Chargers, Rashawn Slater, before the draft to break down his elite traits using college film from his time at Northwestern!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Great video. Its always hard to judge if they are being choosy in the clips they want to show or if they are being objective and showing the good and the bad. I liked that they showed some weaknesses and having 2020 off he’s been able to focus on that with his consultants. Could be 2020 being a break with focus to refine will do him even more improvement as an LT.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  Great video. Its always hard to judge if they are being choosy in the clips they want to show or if they are being objective and showing the good and the bad. I liked that they showed some weaknesses and having 2020 off he’s been able to focus on that with his consultants. Could be 2020 being a break with focus to refine will do him even more improvement as an LT.
                  For the first time in about 12 years I'm really excited about having the offensive line and coaching on the chargers. I have gone all in on high payout bets of Herbert for MVP, Stanley for Coach of the Year, and of course the Charges to win the super bowl which I put $100 on every year since I have lived in Panama....and some f****** year soon I'm going to win it!
                  Last edited by Panamamike; 05-22-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

That is what I was referring to by the word get. This is all in reference to the person's idea of trying to convert a short powerful defensive lineman that lacks lateral movement into a guard. My point was people that have actually played guard will be available if needed. The comparison to Dielman is wishful thinking IMO
                    But isn't it fun? C'mon!

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

2nd in overall grade to only Sewell. Excellent debut.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Zero pressures. Not sure how their rankings work but who gives a fuck, zero is zero!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

“He must have been a geometry major cuz he takes the right angles.”

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X