• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Slater spent 8+ months working out daily with a very well respected private Oline coach in Duke Manyweather.
    Rashawn’s technique is also improved from their 2018/2019 meetings.
    It will be a competitive matchup. I think Slater will hold his own but not win every snap. This will be a major improvement.
    totally agree

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      Last I heard JH10 was dating some Monster Energy model chick. Googled her and yes, she has my stamp of approval. For all I know, by now, she coulda been 15 girls ago. Not sure how fast Justin burns through em. Seems like a nice guy so maybe he lets em down easy. Or hands em off to Gabe. Who knows.
      This post is worthless without pictures

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        For what it's worth, Bleacher Report predicts the Bolts will go 9-8...I think we'll do better than that...

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...leacher-report
        Didnt we just go 7-9 with a shitty coach and no OL?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree, anything less than 12 wins will be a disappointment.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Correct...so that overhauled O-line, PLUS some nice draft picks, PLUS a smart new coach and staff PLUS the Herbie Factor ONLY translate to TWO more wins?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Slater spent 8+ months working out daily with a very well respected private Oline coach in Duke Manyweather.
              It will be a competitive matchup. I think Slater will hold his own but not win every snap. This will be a major improvement.
              Sounds about right...Slater earns a "B" this season while adjusting to the pros, and "A's" in years to come...

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Rashawn Slater just might become my fave Chargers player, and I never thought I would feel that way about an OL. I was a skinny guy when I played football in HS, and WR/CB was my position. I've always tended to favor skill position players as faves. But Slater is all about skill - that is what makes his game. He has dedicated himself to learning all the skills needed to succeed at his position, and he might be the most pro-ready OL to ever enter the NFL as a rookie. I really look forward to his development and what he helps the Chargers to achieve.

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

This is a very good point.

We saw how prepared Herbert was coming in even without a preseason and not getting starters reps after working out with a private coach during the offseason. Good private coaching can be just as good or better than NFL position coaching. We did see Herbert improve throughout the year as he got more experience, though. He really cut down on his dumb decisions as the season progressed.

I do expect Young to be really hyped to go into this game for the reasons mentioned. I'm looking forward to the matchup (I wouldn't say that about Tevi or Pipkins).

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Hahaha
                    I made a remark about how unusual it was for a "star qb" to be roommates with a fringe roster fb. (Maybe not too unusual) but ya, I asked my wife, "what kind of ass do you think goes through that house?" I argued it must be a lot and with more people/partners, the chance of contracting CV rises.
                    she argued he's super responsible, my rebuttal was that he's also probably the most eligible bachelor in the small town of LA haha
                    I'm not up on Tinder or that whole scene but I imagined Herbert's agent screening his girlfriends with rapid tests before any, um, "date"
                    I’m sure the FO and the coaching staff are telling Herbert and other players about CV. I’m also sure the NFL will use some kind of incentive (like the NHL) to get players to vaccinate.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Okay, I hesitated to post this for some time now but some recent conversations with the wifey has prompted me to...

what kind of ass is Herbert pulling in at his place with Nabors and whoever else
                      more importantly, is he being Covid safe? If so, what does that look like?
                      I asked a similar question after we drafted him but he was still living at home at the time and just drove down to LA from Oregon
                      but a year later, what kind of system (Sirani) is in place if any, to make sure Herbert doesn’t catch CV from a lady friend or perhaps even Nabors who looks to likely be capitalizing on his booty numbers by even living with Herbert
                      if I’m Staley I have a frank conversation with Herbert, however awkward it might be about having a plan in place. Same for all guys on the team who aren’t in (supposedly) monogamous relationships.
                      That's really cool that you can talk to your wife like that.

If I talked to my wife like that, here's how it would go.

Me: Honey I wonder what kind of ass JH is pulling in at his place.

Wife: Why are you concerned about the type of ass JH pulls in at his place. Aren't I enough ass for you ?

Me: Yes dear

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

That's really cool that you can talk to your wife like that.

If I talked to my wife like that, here's how it would go.

Me: Honey I wonder what kind of ass JH is pulling in at his place.

Wife: Why are you concerned about the type of ass JH pulls in at his place. Aren't I enough ass for you ?

Me: Yes dear
                        Hahaha
                        it has its pros and cons
                        Happy to say she was a friend long before the romance, so that has something to do with our communication styles
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Yes, and we were 3-9 playing teams that didn't care the last 4 weeks.

Had we played anyone still vying for a place in the Lombardi tournament, we'd have finished 3-13.

Our O line is massively improved ( still no depth though) and we get DJ back on defense( which will most certainly help) so we should have better overall results.

Finishing .500 or better would be an improvement.

Comment

Working...
                          X