• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Interesting how Covid + flu season affects NFL schedules........on a lessor note if players choose to opt out in mid-season if things escalate.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

who wrote this?

dude just had to mention Aaron Rodgers and nothing about Rookie of the Year.
      Ah, you only assume it’s a dude.
      It’s Cynthia Frelund NFL Network’s
      “Analytics Expert”

But I agree with you.

Rogers is the past.

JH10 is the future.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Cynthia Frelund
        I'm into both smart women and analytics so few months back I did some research on Frelund. She had a LinkedIn Page. Her job prior to NFL.com analytics expert?

Pilates instructor. For real, LOL.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I'm into both smart women and analytics so few months back I did some research on Frelund. She had a LinkedIn Page. Her job prior to NFL.com analytics expert?

She could give me pilate lessons everyday
          :sigh:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Ws against the following QBs if our D is healthy and assuming our offense doesn't have a horrible day
            I don't anticipate any horrible days from our offense, at worst, NFL average points
            Fitzpatrick
            Dak
            Carr (split)
            Lock (split) - 2 Ws
            Newton
            Hurts
            Rapelisberger
            Cousins
            Jones

At the very least that 9 winnable games if our defense is healthy and assuming Staley is legitimate. And thats even getting swept by KC which imo isn't happening

Our D can win against the following qbs too
            Jackson
            Mayfield
            Burrow - W
            watson/taylor - W
            We will get better playing our new schemes as the season moves along.
            With some moderate health we should be a 10 win team floor and SB ceiling.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

Without Lynn costing us wins week after week, when I looked at our season on paper, it looks like 15-2 to me with the two being road losses at BAL and KC. That said, since we have 15 chances to lose a game we should win and only two chances to win a game we might be expected to lose, I am expecting us to not to win any expected losses and to lose 3-4 of the expected wins (as there are a lot of them). The result of the analysis is that I see us winning 11-12 games this season, our first in a 17 game regular season.

That view, of course, comes with the usual caveat that the vast majority of our key players and Herbert especially must stay healthy. So, if we lose a large grouping of James, Bosa, Allen, Williams, Ekeler Herbert, or OL starters to injury, then, yeah, we are not likely to do as well.

I think we are easily a live opponent against anyone.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                Without Lynn costing us wins week after week, when I looked at our season on paper, it looks like 15-2 to me with the two being road losses at BAL and KC. That said, since we have 15 chances to lose a game we should win and only two chances to win a game we might be expected to lose, I am expecting us to not to win any expected losses and to lose 3-4 of the expected wins (as there are a lot of them). The result of the analysis is that I see us winning 11-12 games this season, our first in a 17 game regular season.

That view, of course, comes with the usual caveat that the vast majority of our key players and Herbert especially must stay healthy. So, if we lose a large grouping of James, Bosa, Allen, Williams, Ekeler Herbert, or OL starters to injury, then, yeah, we are not likely to do as well.

I think we are easily a live opponent against anyone.
                All 53 players are transitioning to a new system. New OL, new culture, new coaches...lots of new stuff to get acclimated to.

It’s all for the better, but expect the bumps in the road to come early. If we can be above .500 at the bye, we should be in excellent shape.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Here's Cynthia: Guess why she was hired right out of Pilates class:

cynthia.jpg

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's Cynthia: Guess why she was hired right out of Pilates class:

cynthia.jpg
                    Her MSC in predictive analytics from northwestern doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Right. She is a big contributor in fantasy football analysis, so it is clear that regardless of her background, she has spent some time studying players and at least understands the (fairly simple) mathematics involved in the various fantasy football scoring systems. Her analysis is sometimes very good and sometimes not so good (very average among fantasy experts in my view), but she is definitely not some ditzy blonde merely hired for her appearance given NFLN's male dominated viewership.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

All 53 players are transitioning to a new system. New OL, new culture, new coaches...lots of new stuff to get acclimated to.

It’s all for the better, but expect the bumps in the road to come early. If we can be above .500 at the bye, we should be in excellent shape.
                        I agree with your point. That just might be how some of those games that look like wins on paper could end up being losses.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Agree. Previous job(s) doesn’t tell the whole story. Maybe she graduated back in 2008 when economy was down and had to take the Pilates job. I graduated engineering when economy sucked and had to do valet for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                          X