• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Look at the advanced stats and our D was actually middle of the road last year without James. There were scheme related late game collapses.

Offense was middle of the road with horrendous line play. The pieces are in place, just need to mix right.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

That's what Popper thinks as well. Says KC and Denver finishes ahead of us. If Bridgewater doesn't make a lot of mistakes and their defense is as good as advertised with all those quality d-backs then maybe they'll surprise. And Javonta Williams - the RB they drafted - should be great for their offense.
      Denver ahead of us ?
      Don't put money on that.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Okay, I hesitated to post this for some time now but some recent conversations with the wifey has prompted me to...

what kind of ass is Herbert pulling in at his place with Nabors and whoever else
        more importantly, is he being Covid safe? If so, what does that look like?
        I asked a similar question after we drafted him but he was still living at home at the time and just drove down to LA from Oregon
        but a year later, what kind of system (Sirani) is in place if any, to make sure Herbert doesn’t catch CV from a lady friend or perhaps even Nabors who looks to likely be capitalizing on his booty numbers by even living with Herbert
        if I’m Staley I have a frank conversation with Herbert, however awkward it might be about having a plan in place. Same for all guys on the team who aren’t in (supposedly) monogamous relationships.
        Last I heard JH10 was dating some Monster Energy model chick. Googled her and yes, she has my stamp of approval. For all I know, by now, she coulda been 15 girls ago. Not sure how fast Justin burns through em. Seems like a nice guy so maybe he lets em down easy. Or hands em off to Gabe. Who knows.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Well im pretty sure Herbert has has his shots and CDC is pretty much saying back to normal if fully vaccinated regarding masks. If people are safe and controlled i dont see why we need to be in his shorts. I kiss my wife and hug my kids...provided i feel they are being safe and are vaccinated i feel pretty much ok at this time based on recommended.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

As long as he doesn't frequent massage parlors every other day fo the happy endings...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

That's what Popper thinks as well. Says KC and Denver finishes ahead of us. If Bridgewater doesn't make a lot of mistakes and their defense is as good as advertised with all those quality d-backs then maybe they'll surprise. And Javonta Williams - the RB they drafted - should be great for their offense.
              :smh:

Fuck Denver

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                San Diego Native
                • Feb 2019
                • Farmington, NM
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                How sick do you think Young is about hearing how Slater shut him down?
                Rashawn Slater better be ready because while he sat out, Chase Young spent 2020 in Washington learning technique from Pro coaches while getting stronger in a Pro weight room. Chase dominated on Sundays against Pro players while winning the DRoY. Chase's reward so far in 2021 has been to listen as every draftnik in the country discussed how Slater 'shut him down' in a 2019 game where Ohio State embarrassed Northwestern 52-3.

The Chargers and Rashawn have 4 months to get ready for a very motivated Chase Young... picture Forest Whitaker's character in Fast Times at Ridgemont High kind of motivation.

Comment

DEN finished last in the division in 2020 at 5-11 and one of the wins was the gift in Denver from Anthony Lynn, which is not happening this season. Looking at their schedule, realistically, I see them finishing 7-10 with losses to @NYG, BAL, @PIT, @CLE, @DAL, @LV, and both games against us and KC. Their schedule is unfriendly in that they get most of their games against cupcake teams at home and have a more difficult road schedule.

They got worse at the RB position versus 2020 when they had Lindsay, who I would take all day every day over Williams, who will be backing up Gordon and probably getting only a third of the total carries. Their secondary has great depth, but they do not have any true shutdown corners (CBs are good, not great) and Miller is 32 and on the back side of his career. I see a limited offense and a good, but not spectacular defense for them. When we play them, I suspect that the best of the 4 units on the field will be our offense.

I do not see us finishing behind Denver or Las Vegas. I am uncertain about Kansas City. It is a close call.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

:smh:

Fuck Denver
                    Well said good sir!
                    I concur!
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Rashawn Slater better be ready because while he sat out, Chase Young spent 2020 in Washington learning technique from Pro coaches while getting stronger in a Pro weight room. Chase dominated on Sundays against Pro players while winning the DRoY. Chase's reward so far in 2021 has been to listen as every draftnik in the country discussed how Slater 'shut him down' in a 2019 game where Ohio State embarrassed Northwestern 52-3.

The Chargers and Rashawn have 4 months to get ready for a very motivated Chase Young... picture Forest Whitaker's character in Fast Times at Ridgemont High kind of motivation.
                      Slater spent 8+ months working out daily with a very well respected private Oline coach in Duke Manyweather.
                      Rashawn’s technique is also improved from their 2018/2019 meetings.
                      It will be a competitive matchup. I think Slater will hold his own but not win every snap. This will be a major improvement.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Slater spent 8+ months working out daily with a very well respected private Oline coach in Duke Manyweather.
                        Rashawn’s technique is also improved from their 2018/2019 meetings.
                        It will be a competitive matchup. I think Slater will hold his own but not win every snap. This will be a major improvement.
                        worth price of admission

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          Look at the advanced stats and our D was actually middle of the road last year without James. There were scheme related late game collapses.

Offense was middle of the road with horrendous line play. The pieces are in place, just need to mix right.
                          When it came to third down defense, this team was bad. In 2020 they were 22nd on third down defense. In 2019 they were 29th on third down defense. A defense needs to be able to get off the field to be more successful. The talent on the D was very overrated. That is every bit as much to blame as the scheme problems. At the end of the day, it's all about talent. The guys who aren't retained are replaced for a reason.

The offense had its moments last seasons. It showed promise. But there's things about it that could improve too. The team has addressed the O-line issues. So that doesn't look like a big issue like before.

Comment

Working...
                          X