With the 17th pick, the SD Chargers select ...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
    That is one season. Several of the aforementioned have well documented injury histories, including all the way back in college.
    Okay. What exactly are you asking me to find out for you? Perhaps you can look it up.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Take a look at Shane vereen's career injury history....also factor in his limited touches.
      Demarco Murray just played his first full season, he has had a well documented injury history and it is he reason he was allowed to walk.
      Bell was injured the previous season, including missing the playoff loss.

That is just off the top of my head.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
        You are aware that teams play mind games and act as if they want a certain player and the Booooom...They do a complete 180 and pick a player that they never mentioned. So I take any rumors with a grain of salt. Well unless you have a such a good and almost guaranteed Talent at the #1 pick like Elway or Manning was. That or a team passes on that talent because they already have an all pro at that position, So they pick a position in need, And or trade down

If a certain player isn't there at pick #17, Do you guys think TT would trade down ?
        Of course I'm aware that's why I said take it for what is worth.......twice

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Take a look at Shane vereen's career injury history....also factor in his limited touches.
          Demarco Murray just played his first full season, he has had a well documented injury history and it is he reason he was allowed to walk.
          Bell was injured the previous season, including missing the playoff loss.

That is just off the top of my head.
          Thanks for the info. I'm still confused as to our conversation. Go SAN DIEGO Chargers.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            Thanks for the info. I'm still confused as to our conversation. Go SAN DIEGO Chargers.
            You brought up some players that are supposed to be durable whike moaning about a back coming off injury into the draft. I pointed out that most of them have not been all that durable at all.

*** add in Johnathan Stewart who has missed a lot of time in his career and Eddie Lacy's several concussions.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Sweet. Another 4 years of a runningback with injury issues. Can't wait.
              Manifest destiny this is not...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

You brought up some players that are supposed to be durable whike moaning about a back coming off injury into the draft. I pointed out that most of them have not been all that durable at all.

*** add in Johnathan Stewart who has missed a lot of time in his career and Eddie Lacy's several concussions.
                I'm pretty sure EEN420 is kind of saying he doesn't want another Ryan Mathews type of headache

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I was moaning? I'm a pothead, dude. Pretty sure moaning isn't a thing here.

I was trying to answer your question. I'll try again.

As far as runningback's careers, I can only talk to you about Chargers.

Our last running back had injury issues, and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason we got rid of him.
                  The one before him didn't have injury issues. When's he going to the Hall of Fame?
                  The one before him, Fletcher, didn't have injury issues.
                  The one before him, Fazande. Did he have injury issues? He mostly just didn't get it done.
                  The one before him, old, fat Natrone, had injury issues.
                  Gary Brown had injury issues.
                  Young, ass-kicking Natrone only had injury issues at the end of his first stint with us.
                  Marion Butts and Ronnie Harmon didn't have injury issues, but Rod Bernstine sure did.
                  Gary Anderson and the Little Train had injury issues.
                  I don't remember Earnest Jackson, Chuck Muncie, or James Brooks having injury issues, but now I'm going pretty deep into my childhood. I don't even remember why Jackson went elsewhere. I remember him kicking ass for a season.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

DeMarco Murray has had 7 leg/ knee injuries dating back to college.
                    Eddie Lacy has had 6 injuries dating back to college including 2 concussion, one where he was unconscious.
                    Trent Richardson has had 6 injuries dating back to college including spraining left ankle twice.
                    Shane Vereen has had 5 injuries dating back to college twice with hamstring and spent 9 weeks on IR in 2013.
                    Marshawn Lynch has had 9 injuries dating back to college including a concussion
                    Adrian Peterson has had 12 injuries including 3 ankle sprains the first with ligament damage, 2 hernia surgeries and a dislocated shoulder. Oh and the dreaded broken collar bone.

Running Backs get hurt. Gurley other than a clean ACL tear has only ever had an ankle sprain. The ACL is a concern but because it was a clean tear with no other damage its a straightforward repair. He will likely spend his rookie season adjusting and probably won't be truly 100% until year two. I guess the point is he wouldn't even be in the conversation at 17th pick without the ACL. Hell he's only 20 years old. He isn't just worthy of a pick at 17 he's a bargain.
                    Last edited by chargerkdb; 04-29-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I remember them all very well. What does that have to do with the draft and taking Gurley? RB is a high risk position In a high injury risk sport. Lots of guys that were injured in college have long and excellent careers (Gore). Other have a clean past and have injury issues in the pros. You never know. All I really want for a RB is 5 highly productive relatively heathy seasons.

I was moaning? I'm a pothead, dude. Pretty sure moaning isn't a thing here.

I was trying to answer your question. I'll try again.

As far as runningback's careers, I can only talk to you about Chargers.

Our last running back had injury issues, and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason we got rid of him.
                      The one before him didn't have injury issues. When's he going to the Hall of Fame?
                      The one before him, Fletcher, didn't have injury issues.
                      The one before him, Fazande. Did he have injury issues? He mostly just didn't get it done.
                      The one before him, old, fat Natrone, had injury issues.
                      Gary Brown had injury issues.
                      Young, ass-kicking Natrone only had injury issues at the end of his first stint with us.
                      Marion Butts and Ronnie Harmon didn't have injury issues, but Rod Bernstine sure did.
                      Gary Anderson and the Little Train had injury issues.
                      I don't remember Earnest Jackson, Chuck Muncie, or James Brooks having injury issues, but now I'm going pretty deep into my childhood. I don't even remember why Jackson went elsewhere. I remember him kicking ass for a season.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I remember them all very well. What does that have to do with the draft and taking Gurley? RB is a high risk position In a high injury risk sport. Lots of guys that were injured in college have long and excellent careers (Gore). Other have a clean past and have injury issues in the pros. You never know. All I really want for a RB is 5 highly productive relatively heathy seasons.
                        I was trying to answer your question.

Go SAN DIEGO Chargers.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure EEN420 is kind of saying he doesn't want another Ryan Mathews type of headache
                          Yep.

Comment

Working...
                          X