• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I love that a fan from another team can come here and generate a 100 post thread. Rare here to be honest. I hope fans from our opponents stop by this year. Nice to see this thread not filled with just trolling.

Aloha

Comment

• Redskins1
      Registered Redskin Fan
      • Aug 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I love that a fan from another team can come here and generate a 100 post thread. Rare here to be honest. I hope fans from our opponents stop by this year. Nice to see this thread not filled with just trolling.

Aloha
      My experience here has been great thus far,I guess you charger fans realized I'm not here to troll.Thanks for having me!!

We have alot of time till Gameday so expect me to continue my dialogue with you guys...Go WFT..

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

A disclaimer: all shit talking is done in fun and without maliciousness

​​​​​​.

p.s.
        for the most part
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Redskins1
          Registered Redskin Fan
          • Aug 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          A disclaimer: all shit talking is done in fun and without maliciousness

​​​​​​.

p.s.
          for the most part
          Lol...appreciate the heads up...

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Obviously, Staley is going to do what he thinks is best for the team. My preference would be for the starters to play a little just to help get their rhythm in an actual game setting, but players that do not play in the preseason games are less likely to be injured--no doubt about that.

Honestly, most of our major preseason injury losses have come in practice and not in preseason games.
            True and that's being done differently. Staley's Chargers have restructured everything, literally, time appropriation, methodology, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

As a bettor, you would bet a team blind as west coast team small road favorite in an early game without having seen it play?

Also, I am used to one or two players not playing, like LT, but no Charger coach has kept out the starters to the degree that Staley has, so it makes it more difficult for any of us to get a read on the team.
              Seems many teams didn't more than usual.

The times are changing. We don't need to figure out who our starters will be. They know and they take practice seriously.
              Rightly so, they don't care if us fans in a forum can figure it out or not lol.

Saints played their QBs to figure out who to start.
              Rams never played Stafford and some others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Seems many teams didn't more than usual.

The times are changing. We don't need to figure out who our starters will be.
                Saints played their QBs to figure out who to start.
                Rams never played Stafford and some others.
                The purpose of playing starters is not to figure out who they are going to be, but rather to get them some in game reps so they can have some rhythm heading into the regular season.

And I am still not going to bet on them until I have at least seen the starters play even though I think that on paper they look much better than WFT.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

The purpose of playing starters is not to figure out who they are going to be, but rather to get them some in game reps so they can have some rhythm heading into the regular season.

And I am still not going to bet on them until I have at least seen the starters play even though I think that on paper they look much better than WFT.
                  I don't bet on the Chargers so I don't care about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't bet on the Chargers so I don't care about that.
                    I do not usually either, but on paper, my thought is that I like them minus the points against WFT. But I would like them a lot more if I had actually seen what is on paper on the football field. That was my point about that comment.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I do not usually either, but on paper, my thought is that I like them minus the points against WFT. But I would like them a lot more if I had actually seen what is on paper on the football field. That was my point about that comment.
                      Don't matter. They usually screw me every time I include them in any bet / parlay I did play before. So I never include them again.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post
                        Charger fans my WFT won 7 games and the division and gave the bucs who won it all the best game on it's way to a championship...The WFT did all that with arguably the worst QB play in the league last season...The D played hard despite the offensive woes but you need some offense to contend....Please don't take lightly the WFT as your bolts are about to step on to fedexfield,I expect a close game but wouldn't be surprised at all if the WFT won this game handly...
                        If you knew anything about the Chargers is that teams we're supposed to beat we get beat by. I'm talking about games where the Chargers are leading. There's literally a 0.000000000000001 chance of the Chargers losing. Destiny proclaims the Chargers to be that 0.0000000000001 team of destiny to find a way to lose said game.

The cosmic laws of probability indicates that eventually the Chargers will win the SB...........just not sure which universe though?

Comment

• Originally posted by AK47 View Post

If you knew anything about the Chargers is that teams we're supposed to beat we get beat by. I'm talking about games where the Chargers are leading. There's literally a 0.000000000000001 chance of the Chargers losing. Destiny proclaims the Chargers to be that 0.0000000000001 team of destiny to find a way to lose said game.

The cosmic laws of probability indicates that eventually the Chargers will win the SB...........just not sure which universe though?
                          And it will continue until we have a head coach that plays to win instead of playing not to lose. We have the offensive weapons to put teams away, hell, blow teams away, but will we or will we continue to turtle with conservative play calling when we have a significant lead? As for me, I prefer the Bill Belichick approach of throwing when up up 45-0 in the 4th quarter. If the other team is not stopping it, keep doing it until they do.

Lynn literally had zero appreciation of what we have in Herbert. It is time our team figured out that we have the most talented QB in the division, if not the entire NFL, and develop game plans based on that. Mahomes looked completely pedestrian against a pass rush when he did not have all day, for once, to throw. Yet, that constant pressure was the story of Herbert's life last season and he thrived in it.

In this era, we have the Tom Brady or Peyton Manning game changing player. We have the ability to strike fear in the hearts of opponents. We just need to go out and do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X