• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redskins1
    Registered Redskin Fan
    • Aug 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Nope but scouted him heavily while he was at Memphis.
    Was a freak athlete and used as a slot receiver primarily. He was my #4 RB/OW (offensive weapon) and #57 overall prospect, w/ELITE Traits, in 2020
    My friend I see you can identify talent...

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post

My friend I see you can identify talent...
      It is known……well known.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Redskins1
        Registered Redskin Fan
        • Aug 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It is known……well known.
        Lol...I like it...Your humble to..

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

That's good some of you are aware of him,he reminds of your HOF RB ladainian Tomlinson if gibson can be half as good we got a us a steal....
          Well, I Wouldn't go that far. Lol. But if he is half as good then good player and he has already shown to be.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

It should be much improved from last season. But note that itself should be an easy task because of how god awful it was last season.

The Chargers O line depth is probably the worst in the league right now but our starters are solid.

If the starters stay healthy then we’re fine. But if not then we’re completely screwed. Other teams have backups that can at least keep the team afloat for a few games while the starter recovers and comes back but Chargers don’t even have that.

Especially at the tackle position. Guys like Pipkins and Norton wouldn’t even start on any single D1 college football team.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Gibson is very talented,alot of you should have seen a sample of him last season on Thanksgiving day against the cowboys.He put on a clinic in that game..Who seen it?
              I sure saw it, but let's remember that the Cowboys had historically bad run defense last year. Gibson had two 100-yard games last year-and both were against Dallas, LOL.

Gibsons' 2020 ave yards per game:
              Vs Dallas, 122 yards ave
              Other 14 games, 42 yards ave

Gibsons' 2020 ave yards per carry:
              Vs Dallas, 6.1 per carry
              Vs other teams in 14 games, 4.0 per carry

Against Staley's defense last year Gibson had 11 carries, 27 yards. I just don't see either team running the ball well.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Other teams have backups that can at least keep the team afloat for a few games while the starter recovers and comes back but Chargers don’t even have that.
                Not a day goes by on the Cowboys forum when fans there don't complain about o-line depth. They say the exact same thing you are saying here. They believe only Dallas is perpetually weak in o-line depth.

Reality is that most teams have little to no good o-line depth.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                  It should be much improved from last season. But note that itself should be an easy task because of how god awful it was last season.

The Chargers O line depth is probably the worst in the league right now but our starters are solid.

If the starters stay healthy then we’re fine. But if not then we’re completely screwed. Other teams have backups that can at least keep the team afloat for a few games while the starter recovers and comes back but Chargers don’t even have that.

Especially at the tackle position. Guys like Pipkins and Norton wouldn’t even start on any single D1 college football team.
                  Funny, Storm started for one for several years.

Both Qberry and Jaimes showed well during this PS, Q in regular season games in previous seasons, and are capable IOL depth. We have issues at swing/backup OT. Norton is below average as a starter but about average as a OST. Pipkins needs to kick inside to OG.

We are significantly better off with Slater over Tevi as our starting OLT.
                  We are significantly better at our starting OLG, OC, ORG with our vet signings.
                  Bulaga will be TBD depending on how much/well he’s able to play.
                  5 major improvements in 1 off season. 4 starting & 1 backup.

Keep investing in OL next off season between retention (2 pending UFA), FA, and especially the draft with a total capital of 3-5 additions/retentions.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

The simplest way to see it is if we don't need #7-8-9 OL, we are in business.

Comment

• Redskins1
                      Registered Redskin Fan
                      • Aug 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I sure saw it, but let's remember that the Cowboys had historically bad run defense last year. Gibson had two 100-yard games last year-and both were against Dallas, LOL.

Gibsons' 2020 ave yards per game:
                      Vs Dallas, 122 yards ave
                      Other 14 games, 42 yards ave

Gibsons' 2020 ave yards per carry:
                      Vs Dallas, 6.1 per carry
                      Vs other teams in 14 games, 4.0 per carry

Against Staley's defense last year Gibson had 11 carries, 27 yards. I just don't see either team running the ball well.
                      Man stop bringing facts into my thread,who ask ya? Lol..keep it coming!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Man stop bringing facts into my thread,who ask ya? Lol..keep it coming!!
                        You unknowingly rang the luck bell. Forget Gibson, it doesn’t matter now - LAC cut T Johnson. Our odds of winning v WFT dropped to nil. Congrats on your unearned victory.

I learned this on another thread just this morning. i’m pretty devastated to learn WR5 is that critical to the Staley/Lombardi design, but it is what it is.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoDak
                          • Technology Director
                          • Send PM

Our O-line probably stinks. It has for the past 3-5 years, so why would that change?

New players? sure. But we haven't seen them yet, really.

Thing is... it doesn't even need to be Good. Just Average is a HUGE step up. Average line play last year, and they are in the playoffs.
                          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                          X