2012 Grade
    Round Selection Player Position College
    1 18 Melvin Ingram Defensive End South Carolina
    2 49 Kendall Reyes Defensive Tackle UConn
    3 78 Brandon Taylor Safety LSU
    4 110 Ladarius Green Tight end Louisiana-Lafayette
    5 149 Johnnie Troutman Guard Penn St.
    7 226 David Molk Center Michigan
    7 250 [a] Edwin Baker Running back Michigan St.

Grade: D+/C- : Ingram can be a star in this league (if healthy). Reyes starts, but is a big negative. Troutman is just a (bad) guy, and Green has shown flashes but is not used much. Rest are garbage. WTF happened to Brandon Taylor anyways?

THANKS AJ.
    Ingram - played his rookie year, often injured but has been an important player when healthy
    Reyes - played well in rotation his rookie year, has been an inconsistent starter last 2 years. currently still penciled in as starter 3rd yr in a row
    Taylor - injured / no contribution
    Green - no contribution rookie year. played well enough last 2 years but isn't getting that much playing time.
    Troutman - no contribution rookie year. inconsistent as backup/starter 2nd year, inconcistent starter 3rd year. currently still penciled in as starter this upcoming season until someone on the roster/not on the roster replaces him
    Molk and Baker - no contribution (but then again they are 7th rounders)

3 guys expected to continue to start in their 4th year (Ingram, Reyes, Troutman), and 1 expected to be a contributor (Green)

Telesco's first draft early grade (2 years plus this upcoming season)
    Fluker - Starter since rookie year, sophomore slump, definite starter upcoming season
    Teo - played his rookie year, often injured but has been an solid player when healthy. staying healthy is the main concern, but needs to step up more to justify the extra pick used on him
    K Allen - important contributor and starter since rookie year
    Steve Williams - with the number of DBs brought in from FA/Draft since being drafted, don't know when and if we'll see any real contribution from him
    Tourek Williams - expected to start this upcoming season or be a major contributor but has not shown much in first 2 years
    Sorenson - 7th rd throwaway pick

3 guys expected to continue to start in their 3rd year (Fluker, Allen, Teo), 1 guy currently penciled in to be a first time starter (Tourek)

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/03/sig-stats-run-stop-percentage-interior-dl/

Comment

• Sec-E4
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2014
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

I wonder if having so many guys on Reyes left side has affected his game ? He might be one of those guys who can be good or Medicare but he needs talent around him

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
          I wonder if having so many guys on Reyes left side has affected his game ? He might be one of those guys who can be good or Medicare but he needs talent around him
          You have an iPhone, don't you?

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

not sure why they just don't put any of the other tackles in place of Reyes and just use him in passing situations with how bad he is.....must be the ole "well the coaches see him in practice and everyday, they know more than we do so there" same goes with Troutman

Comment

• Sec-E4
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2014
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              You have an iPhone, don't you?

No, I have a Motorola Razor with a color screen

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                No, I have a Motorola Razor with a color screen
                Ok. They both must use the same spellcheck "features".

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Why do you Medicare?
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    I give it an I for incomplete. I think we have two starters, Gordon and Perryman and 3 trainees.

I was hoping to go heavy O to put this offense back in the top 5. Instead they went heavy D with self described hammers. Guys with production and potential but far from being ready to play. This makes it a draft for next year IMO.

Oh well, in 30 years of watching drafts, I don't recall seeing a Charger's draft class come in and have an substantial first year impact except for the occasional player.
                    Incomplete. This is the best thing I can say about this draft. I had more than 1 WTF? moment. Gave up 2 picks to move up 2 spots and grab a great RB? I don't think either of those 2 teams ahead of us were gonna take him, so I guess TT feared someone else moving up. IMO, TT was little trigger happy and Gordon would have fell to us. An INSIDE LB'er in the 2nd. Wrong type of LB'er, IMO. Put a better NT in front of our current guys and they become vastly improved. Yes, even Butler. A corner in the 3rd? How much is it going to cost to sign him vs how much did Wright sign for. Could've just kept the secondary in tact and picked a trench guy here. In short, I could have got over the 1st round move if the trenches had been addressed.
                    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      That's what I'm hoping for, as well. Unfortunately, I think the "Fluker to OG" is going to become the new "Jammer to SS". As in, it ain't gonna happen.
                      +1.
                      sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Geezbolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Sun Valley, ID
                          • Send PM

I'm giving TT a solid B on this draft. First off, it appears he took football players meaning guys who are known to love the game. That's the case for the first 4 and I haven't heard enough about Philon yet to know if he fits that description. Secondly, three of them will almost certainly be major contributors on special teams. IMO the wild card in this is Philon. I think this guy could end up being a steal. He probably should have stayed in college but he's a Bolt now. Definitely raw but I expect to see him make a few plays when used in certain defensive sets. As far as the OL, I think you'll see a veteran starting guard signed after June 1st. And careful with the Medicare remarks. Smokey and I are sensitive to those. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                          X