• Show
Clear All
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, deflating the balls is really not that big of a deal (and I'd bet many more teams than the Pats tamper with them). If Brady had just fessed up when it first came out, he would have gotten a token slap on the wrist and it would have died down quickly. But the blatant lies and defiant attitude REALLY make him look like a weasel, embarrassed his coach and owner and will now undoubtably force the league to bring the hammer down.
    I just don't get your take on this. They tampered with the balls after they were inspected by the refs. Why bother inspecting the balls if it's not really a big deal?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I still dont understand why the teams bring their own balls to the games, anyway.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        I just don't get your take on this. They tampered with the balls after they were inspected by the refs. Why bother inspecting the balls if it's not really a big deal?
        Other teams did what the Saints were doing but that didn't help them.
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Report: Tom Brady “could be suspended for one season”
          Andrew Vigliotti May 7, 2015 AFC, AFC East, New England Patriots, NFL
          In the wake of the released Ted Wells report that implicates the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady were “more probable than not” involved with deflate gate, harsh suspensions could be coming to the organization and Brady himself.

According to the Miami Herald, the New England Patriots’ signal-caller could be suspended for the entire 2015 season. The NFL will decide punishment within the next few days as well, says to the report.

“Everything is being considered, everything is being considered,” the Miami Herald was told.

The 243 page report found the Patriots to be “at least generally aware” of what was going on in their locker room.

The defending Super Bowl champions would be paying a significant price if Brady were to be suspended for the upcoming season. They open, as every defending Super Bowl champion does, on a Thursday night where all the players involved receive their championship rings, including Brady.

It would be strange, but likely just, to see the Patriots slapped hard for this act. Even though the Ted Wells report clearly doesn’t state probable cause that the Patriots were at least 89% cheating, the signs clearly point closer to that number rather than farther away.

With Spygate, head coach Bill Belichick was fined the max penalty of $500,000, the Patriots were charged $250,000 and were also docked their 2008 first round pick. It looks as if a harsher penalty will happen this time around.

Does what the Patriots did provide a significant advantage for them?

That’s debatable.

But if they broke the rules, they should pay a hefty price. The NFL needs to make an example of the Patriots saying they won’t tolerate cheating of any kind.

Roger Goodell has a chance to serve that notion in the next few days; let’s hope he does what is right!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            In the grand scheme of things, deflating the balls is really not that big of a deal (and I'd bet many more teams than the Pats tamper with them). If Brady had just fessed up when it first came out, he would have gotten a token slap on the wrist and it would have died down quickly. But the blatant lies and defiant attitude REALLY make him look like a weasel, embarrassed his coach and owner and will now undoubtably force the league to bring the hammer down.
            In the grand scheme of things its a huge deal in that a minimum of 3 people (allegedly) conspired to make this happen over some period of time. If deflating the balls wasn't a big deal, then there would have been no conspiracy to do just that. I concur that the lies make this even bigger, which adds credence to my first point. It obviously made a difference to Brady or the events wouldn't have taken place and he wouldn't have lied about it.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

The testimony of other people doing it doesn't matter. (...It just doesn't matter...It just doesn't matter)....

But seriously, getting caught is what matters. The Pats got caught (again), and if this is a "everybody" does it thing, the league will adjust accordingly. IMO, the NFL is going to hammer the Pasties and it is going to keep them as the lead story for at least another week. In the end, this is great for the NFL.

Baseball has started, and NBA and NHL are in full playoff mode, yet for the past two weeks with the draft going on, Sports talk has lead w/the NFL. The draft has ended and deflategate has provided yet another reason for the NFL to "lead".

As the old PT Barnum saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity...! Good or bad, the NFL is a 24/7 - 365 league and that is why the "shield" is a far superior brand to any other major U.S. sport, accomplishing this following the lead of a circus owner...

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Report: Tom Brady “could be suspended for one season”
                Andrew Vigliotti May 7, 2015 AFC, AFC East, New England Patriots, NFL
                In the wake of the released Ted Wells report that implicates the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady were “more probable than not” involved with deflate gate, harsh suspensions could be coming to the organization and Brady himself.

According to the Miami Herald, the New England Patriots’ signal-caller could be suspended for the entire 2015 season. The NFL will decide punishment within the next few days as well, says to the report.

“Everything is being considered, everything is being considered,” the Miami Herald was told.

The 243 page report found the Patriots to be “at least generally aware” of what was going on in their locker room.

The defending Super Bowl champions would be paying a significant price if Brady were to be suspended for the upcoming season. They open, as every defending Super Bowl champion does, on a Thursday night where all the players involved receive their championship rings, including Brady.

It would be strange, but likely just, to see the Patriots slapped hard for this act. Even though the Ted Wells report clearly doesn’t state probable cause that the Patriots were at least 89% cheating, the signs clearly point closer to that number rather than farther away.

With Spygate, head coach Bill Belichick was fined the max penalty of $500,000, the Patriots were charged $250,000 and were also docked their 2008 first round pick. It looks as if a harsher penalty will happen this time around.

Does what the Patriots did provide a significant advantage for them?

That’s debatable.

But if they broke the rules, they should pay a hefty price. The NFL needs to make an example of the Patriots saying they won’t tolerate cheating of any kind.

Roger Goodell has a chance to serve that notion in the next few days; let’s hope he does what is right!
                LMFAO. No way Goodell suspends Brady the whole season.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

They are stacking watermelons so when Goodel slaps Brady on the wrist, it will create outrage. I think every paper should run with this expectation.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

BLOG: Ban the Patriots from the NFL Playoffs
                    Share this:More Sharing ServicesShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on email

Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots is surrounded by the media after defeating the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 during Super Bowl XLIX at University of Phoenix Stadium on February 1, 2015 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

By Tom Millikan

As you’ve heard by now, the investigation into Deflate Gate has concluded and the evidence appears to point to Tom Brady knowing that the balls were deflated. America’s boy has been caught red handed. So now what? How should Brady and the Patriots be punished?

The NFL is spiraling out of control with credibility issues and inconsistencies with discipline. Now is the perfect time for the harshest of disciplines. Roger Goodell has the perfect opportunity to set a new serious tone with the Patriots. After all, they are a repeat violator considering Spy Gate.

Mr. Commissioner, I beg you to ban the Patriots from the playoffs next year!

Yes, it is radical. Yes, it would send shock waves throughout our country. But it would also set a new precedent. Cheaters and criminals have no place in sports.

Look, I’m a Tom Brady honk. I love Michigan football. I was a Brady over Henson guy. I love what Brady has done in the NFL. He is America’s boy. But he at a minimum indirectly cheated and it compromised the integrity of the game.

Imagine a referee deflating a ball for one team to affect a game. The outcry would be ridiculous. The same should be true in this case. We need consistency in sports. We need to “cut the crap” as Mike Valenti said on 97.1 The Ticket yesterday.

As they say, football is the ultimate team game. I agree with that statement. And the team should make the ultimate sacrifice in this case.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I'm just worried this puts them into "eff you mode" like the spygate scandal, and they just go on a complete tear.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

In my mind, the P*ts and Brady already lost the moral high ground of all non-P*ts fans with the filming scandal. Deflating balls just seems to be like doctoring a baseball, or over-pinetarring a bat... a cheat that is dealt with a brief suspension. I'm more bothered by the hubris that the Brady camp that he believes he's above cheating after its pretty clear that he did. Take down 6 games from the P*ts season by sitting F'inTB for the cover-up.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Hope Goodell makes them pay a hefty, hefty price.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X