Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I've been reading this thread ever since the game ended and I haven't seen anyone having a fit over the clock management that allowed WFT to get a FG at halftime. Last years HC would have been roasted for that. ........... Let the honeymoon continue!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I've been reading this thread ever since the game ended and I haven't seen anyone having a fit over the clock management that allowed WFT to get a FG at halftime. Last years HC would have been roasted for that. ........... Let the honeymoon continue!
      Well nothing's perfect... The clock management late in the 4th with a long drive, and on the 1st drive where the Chargers looked like they were on point and on the same page with the game plan was enough to convince me SO FAR, that the difference between last season and this season is NIGHT & DAY... This new HC is doing 1 thing that I haven't seen since Boss Ross. He is creating a culture that actually puts the players in a position to win these games, and he is getting great effort again so far from the players.

Hey Chargeroo remember after the Chargers drafted Herbert you were kind of not feeling it, let's face it he looks like a potential all time great!

PS Bosa needs to come out and have a good game against Dallas this is going to be a tough game. In regard to our new OT.... Funny to see Washington's game plan with Chase... Line up on the opposite side of the kid because on the left you seem to be facing a wall. Great start to our new Chargers team, and lastly Stephen A keeps taking shots at the Chargers being in LA and should go back to SD and the Rams are LA's team... Hey Stephen A the last I heard you are an East Coast guy, The Chargers are So-Cal's Team from OC to SD to LA. The rams will always be the lambs... Everyone have a nice day!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        So I asked Staley why Pipkins is on this roster.

"With Trey, there's still aspects of his game that certainly need improvement, but we felt like he's been invested in trying to improve," Staley replied. "What we're trying to do is solidify him in a comfort zone. He's been going left and right, right and left, and we just felt like, for now, he's a player that we can still hang with. And we feel like he's earned that with us, with how he's invested in his game. And although he's had some tough moments that I think a lot of people have seen, there's been other moments where we feel like, hey, there's still more in there that we can tap into. So we're just going to hang tough with him, and he certainly has to improve, but we feel like he gives us depth at that position that we feel like we'll need moving forward."
        Wonder how much of this is pressure from TT and/or Baby Spanos to keep Pip on the roster...

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

there was a clock mgmt issue at the half? I thought it was because Bosa got an untimely PF penalty, otherwise Bolts woulda gotten the ball back.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

What clock management issue? Be specific.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wonder how much of this is pressure from TT and/or Baby Spanos to keep Pip on the roster...
              None.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Hey Chargeroo remember after the Chargers drafted Herbert you were kind of not feeling it, let's face it he looks like a potential all time great!
                Yes, even as a Ducks fan I wasn't sure of Herbert. I wanted them to sign a free agent QB (Bridgewater) and use our draft pick for Simmons.
                Good thing I'm not the GM.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                  What clock management issue? Be specific.
                  Sorry, my memory isn't real clear on it now and I don't have it on the recording. I seem to recall thinking they left too much time and they could end up getting another FG - which they did. So I expected the boo-birds to come out.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Don’t see anything to bitch about re the run D:

Held a great young RB behind a very good OL to 90 yds with zero rushing TDs, with a backup IDL. And I think Gibson was gassed by the 4th quarter, he took a lot of hits, our D made him pay for every yard. So when the fumble happened I was not that surprised, our guys were still gaming and he just didn’t have any fight left.

Game ball to the maligned run D, they gave us this W.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Sorry, my memory isn't real clear on it now and I don't have it on the recording. I seem to recall thinking they left too much time and they could end up getting another FG - which they did. So I expected the boo-birds to come out.
                      I just checked the game log. It was an 18 play, 8 minute drive. The only thing I can possibly see is passing instead of running so the clock stopped.

I wasn't upset they were playing for the TD instead of the FG.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Yes, even as a Ducks fan I wasn't sure of Herbert. I wanted them to sign a free agent QB (Bridgewater) and use our draft pick for Simmons.
                        Good thing I'm not the GM.
                        You're not the only one who liked Simmons. I might have said a bad word when Herbert was picked. More than happy to be proven wrong there!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

You're not the only one who liked Simmons. I might have said a bad word when Herbert was picked. More than happy to be proven wrong there!
                          Me three!
                          Long live Justin the Great!

Comment

Working...
                          X