Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Seems like there was quite a bit going on at the stadium besides just the game. Between this, and the shit water pouring on fans, it was quite a season opener in DC.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I’m just going by what Staley said:

What is Staley supposed to say? He is not going to say that he does not have a long term future with the team, so while he has him, he is going to say that there is potential. I mean, he certainly cannot say that Pipkins has arrived as a player. If there were anybody half way good out there to replace him, I think Pipkins would be gone. I think it is clear that he is a fringe player on our roster.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I heard a comment from one of the coaches (can't remember which) about Pipkins in the preseason and it was something to the effect that his problems are mostly poor technique and they still believe he can improve on that somewhat quickly and live up closer to his enormous physical potential. It clearly hasn't happened yet and maybe never will, but they sure seem to want to give him the opportunity.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

What is Staley supposed to say? He is not going to say that he does not have a long term future with the team, so while he has him, he is going to say that there is potential. I mean, he certainly cannot say that Pipkins has arrived as a player. If there were anybody half way good out there to replace him, I think Pipkins would be gone. I think it is clear that he is a fringe player on our roster.
                I’m sure we wish we can read minds. But until proven otherwise, it seems you’re wrong in this case.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I wonder if we gave our OL enough credit for this game? They did a great job against a DL that many consider the best in the league! Herbert was able to stand in that pocket and pick his target virtually all day long.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I wonder if we gave our OL enough credit for this game? They did a great job against a DL that many consider the best in the league! Herbert was able to stand in that pocket and pick his target virtually all day long.
                    They didn't get enough credit. I think if WFT D has a couple big days people will reflect on this game different.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I heard a comment from one of the coaches (can't remember which) about Pipkins in the preseason and it was something to the effect that his problems are mostly poor technique and they still believe he can improve on that somewhat quickly and live up closer to his enormous physical potential. It clearly hasn't happened yet and maybe never will, but they sure seem to want to give him the opportunity.
                      He definitely improved in the run game this preseason, I saw some huge blocks by him.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Washington is again in QB trouble, and Justin Herbert reminded of what could have been

WashPo columnist Barry Svrluga lamenting WFT didn't draft Herbert. Notes that the QB has much more impact on the game than a DE, even a good one like Chase Daniels. And that the Chargers have a bright future with Herbert while WFT's 30 years of quarterback wilderness has no end in sight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...football-team/
                        OUCH...:More Q Please:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Washington is again in QB trouble, and Justin Herbert reminded of what could have been

WashPo columnist Barry Svrluga lamenting WFT didn't draft Herbert. Notes that the QB has much more impact on the game than a DE, even a good one like Chase Daniels. And that the Chargers have a bright future with Herbert while WFT's 30 years of quarterback wilderness has no end in sight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...football-team/
                          hey they won a super bowl with Doug Freaking Williams at QB. He wasnt a very good QB imo.
                          We have zero SB wins. I just want 1 while im here. Their fans can at least boast to have 1,.....I cant.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-14-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X