Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yesterday's offensive execution was really special.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Yesterday's offensive execution was really special.
      And it was really kind of only 18 because the 19th was a kneel down in victory formation
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I thought the same but as the game wore on it was evident the WFT could not stop our mid field especially on 3rd downs. Our WRs and Cook were torching them. This also helped preserve Ekeler from taking more hits. Plus our RBs were needed to help chip WFT's edge rushers.
        ^ This is a real key point. I like that Ekkie catches the rock out of the backfield, but if we still get the same result by throwing to wideouts and TE's, and it reduces the wear and tear on Ekkie so he can run the rock more, why not? Use Ekkie in ground game, and if we do pass to him, I'd rather see a swing or screen pass, than a slant over the middle where he gets blown up by a big LB or safety...
        Last edited by Topcat; 09-14-2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            And THAT is the difference between a cowardly turtle coach and a coach with a killer instinct...pedal to the metal, baby...when the other team is down, KICK 'EM!!!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Duds:
              Jack Del Rio - I'm listing our defensive coordinator first here on the Duds list, as it was his terribly vanilla play calling, inability to generate any pressure, horrible job disguising coverages in the secondary, and inability to make any in-game adjustments that cost us the game. I know players have to make plays, but coaches have to put them in the correct situations to do so; and Del Rio DID NOT! Horrible, HORRIBLE game plan.
              Sounds kind of like Gus...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Aha. Makes sense. There is that video of Ekeler executing a solid blitz pick up to allow Herbert to make a play.
                Yep...Ekkie totally upended that blitzing safety:

ekkie block.JPG

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                  Chargers Hall of Fame
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They dominated in the stats and they won on the scoreboard, how’s that? They were clearly the better team with better coaching and they closed it out like a champ. What more do the fucking bitches here want? Was it closer than it should be? Sure was, so what. the bitches here act like they are playing against orange cones and not other actual highly skilled professional athletes. The other team is getting paid to play too.

my point is the bitches were bitching before it was even played. They were not basing anythng on the game, the moves, the action. They had not seen one snap of first string Charger football this year and were already certain about the critical flaws that would lead to their demise. Fucking chumps.

I’ll keep assuming they are going to kill it. And even if they stumble, I’m going to assume they jump back up and kill it next time. Happiness is so fun.
                  Ya. You sound super happy.
                  Last edited by BayAreaBoltz; 09-13-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Sometimes the talent just isn't there. Norton, a scrub UDFA from an inferior league, has supplanted Pipkins. It may be that Pipkins is developed and this is what we have. I think it is a small miracle that Pipkins even made the roster this year as the team has Slater, Bulaga and Norton ahead of him at OT and Feiler and Jaimes can also play OT in a pinch as well.
                    Staley doesn’t think Pipkin is fully developed yet. That’s why he’s still on the roster. Not because of a small miracle.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Great win !! I'm very proud of this team !

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• floydefisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • siberiacuse, ny
                          • Send PM

I'm kind of shocked.

I honestly thought the team would fold after they turned the ball over in the red zone with WFT leading 16-13. You could feel all the momentum had tuned their way.

Then the defense stepped up, got the ball back deep in Washington territory and that proved to be the game changer.

I know it's only one game, but to me the biggest difference so far is this: This team does not find ways to lose, instead they find ways to grind it out and win.

This is something I can hang my hat on, and believe things will be better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X