Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Just remembered something…

We are officially on a 5 GAME WINNING STREAK!
    Of course no tangible proof that it had an impact but I do think winning out was helpful to the team’s psyche. We got Slater even at 13 so it didn’t hurt us draft wise either

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      Just remembered something…

We are officially on a 5 GAME WINNING STREAK!
      Winning doesn’t suck.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

When looking at the 4 pt win, remember we knelt it out in the red zone to end the game.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He may be a bit enthusiastic but he does have a point. There is a certain percentage here that are so chronically bitter, depressed, doubtful, despondent and always predicting doom … and i do mean ALWAYS predicting doom. it’s tiresome. if i was that broken and damaged by a football team, i would have stopped watching long ago.

I’ll needle the naysayers all day, every day. Im trying to lif their spirits, its from a place of love. We can go thru life one of two ways:

1. Predicting every step and breath is a catastrophe, every flaw a fatality, and dreading every moment that lies ahead as that moment we will all die
          2. Assuming everything will be great, despite any past the next step is sure to be the best.

I’m riding and sliding as #2 all day every day - its fucking fun. I got a skip in my step, a smile on my face. Debbie downers make me laugh at how they smugly torture themselves as if their self-pain is a virtue and it will translate into something better beyond it. Fucking A, stop punching yourself in the dick and enjoy life for just one moment.

I want everyone to enjoy the good life - just let #2 work for them.
          I don't mind the optimism nor the pessimism. It's all good Charger fans passionate about the team.

I'd just prefer someone making their case based on the game, the moves, the action. Rather than simply say that they hate people bitching. Okay, Got it. And? What about the team? Make a case.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            You’re playing the hindsight game with regards to Thornhill over Adderly. Adderly was the better prospect and the guy who had experience playing centerfielder, a perfect match in Bradley’s scheme.
            I liked Thornhill as a prospect more than Adderly.

And there were sites that had Thornhill ranked higher than Adderly. WF, for one example, had Thornhill ranked #2 and Adderly at #6.

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I don't mind the optimism nor the pessimism. It's all good Charger fans passionate about the team.

I'd just prefer someone making their case based on the game, the moves, the action. Rather than simply say that they hate people bitching. Okay, Got it. And? What about the team? Make a case.
              Maybe there needs to be one gameday thread for the folks that always need to be right (the folks that can't stand emotional outbursts from their fellow post'ers) and one for the folks that are more reactive. FLEET has a fun job, doesn't he...lololol

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

The red zone issues need to be figured out soon as possible. Heneiche was making it look pretty easy against the Chargers defense so the offense is going to have to need to score much more when playing against actual half decent QBs like Dak Prescott next week for example.

Defensively, not just the pass game but the run defense looked rather lethargic. They only scored 16 but that was in large part due to unforced penalties on their end killing many of their drives. Can’t rely on that every week.

- 69-74 record
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Mike W dropped some easy passes. He's still not consistent enough.
                  It’s still a step in the right direction. If he continues building on from this game, then watch out.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Telesco may finally be 1/29 on drafting OL that aren’t complete busts! It only took 8 years but it’s finally here!

- 69-74 record

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

The offense is good. But it could be better. We can't rely on Allen and M Williams to come up for the team all the time. We're gonna need other receivers to step up. This is a time for Palmer to rise, he showed promise in the presason. Hopefully Guyton continues to improve.

The team needs to get the TEs involved other than Cook. I question how long he will hold up because of his age. Anderson and Parham have shown what they are capable of when you get them the ball. More distribution to the TEs would help the team. We couldn't put Washington away because we lacked something like this.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        The red zone issues need to be figured out soon as possible. Heneiche was making it look pretty easy against the Chargers defense so the offense is going to have to need to score much more when playing against actual half decent QBs like Dak Prescott next week for example.

Defensively, not just the pass game but the run defense looked rather lethargic. They only scored 16 but that was in large part due to unforced penalties on their end killing many of their drives. Can’t rely on that every week.
                        The run defense needs to improve. Gibson was killing our D. The Cowboys have Elliot and Pollard who are going to cause more trouble.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                          The run defense needs to improve. Gibson was killing our D. The Cowboys have Elliot and Pollard who are going to cause more trouble.

Definitely agree that the run defense needs to be more stout, but today Dak threw the ball 58 times, while Elliot and Pollard ran the ball a total of 14 times. Chargers' pass defense really needs to be on point next Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X